Olympiacos vs Tottenham Hotspur (18th September @ 17:55)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pathetic pathetic pathetic

Roll on January window
But what about Ndombele...? HE was a Summer signing... we SIGNED someone... he was the missing link wasn't he?

This time last year we were crying out for us to sign someone, anyone... and now we have... but none of them have really played, except NDombele... who wasn't great tonight... but at least he was a signing!

The obsession with the transfer window being the answer really does play into the hands of SSN...

you can't sign mentality... or the ability to learn from mistakes... you can only sign players! Which we have now.

I think two simple mistakes cost us the win.

1. Vertongen penalty. Totally unnecessary. I have no idea what Verts was thinking.

2. First goal, how did that guy break free. Was that on Vertongen or Davies?

Poch has been making bad decisions after bad decisions...to the point, it's becoming the norm. Starting Kane over Moura in the CL final was unforgivable and today, starting Dele, was just as bad.

Lineker and Ferdinand on BT using the "Sp**sy" expression. I hate the word but we really don't do ourselves any favours to avoid it do we ??

We are definitely starting to let that "spursy" behaviour creep back in, the Woolwich game and this were almost identical in that regard, the Palace game was the spurs we have known over the last few seasons, the ruthless spurs, we need more of that and less of the former.

Kane looks fucking depressed.

Terrible performance, if Eriksen isn’t dropped after that then you have to ask questions of Poch. Eriksen wants to leave and is playing like shit, so take him out.

We are so flimsy and sloppy, our game management is non-existent. This game went exactly like the Woolwich game, this is why we have 2 away wins in almost 9 months. At 2-0 up, just do the basics right and the points are yours. We don’t seem able to do the fundamentals properly.

Who can we play instead of Eriksen?

We have zero creativity without him.

Garbage performance. Why start Sanchez and Davies as wingbacks? Every time we pass out wide to them they literally offered nothing.

Dele was extremely selfish on his one on one, Kane was open for a tap in. We played like a team that wasn’t interested and we thought we could turn up and just get the job done, we took a 2-0 lead undeservedly and I’m not even surprised by the score line. Pretty embarrassing stuff but considering how bad we have been for 15 or so games now, I’m not surprised at all. Our last 14 away games we won twice, drawn three time and lost nine times.

We have a mini crisis at the club at the moment, the CL run was great and has masked a lot of problems imo. Some of the guys who are playing regular minutes seem to be not interested at the moment and Poch as much as I love him, his tactics and line ups have been putrid at times lately. Hopefully we turn it around ASAP because we all know what this group could be capable of but we’re not a shadow of our former selves.

No movement. Predictable play, no real creativity and passion, just the same type of play over and over. Lethargic, slow with the ball and slow passing giving the opposition time to get set, not stretching them. Square peg in round whole at RB. fullbacks defending so narrow. Players like Dele have regressed, there is no doubt about it. Remember when it was scary how good he was?

All these things are old problems, they've been around for more than a year. It's painful to watch. I don't understand why we don't see these problems and fix them. I think the tactics are leading our talented players to under perform, it constrains their creativity and stops them developing.

It was only a draw, away from home. We reached a CL final last season and are a regular top four team but I can't help but think a change is needed, that we're just not going anywhere good now. Am I the only one?

Back
Top Bottom