Olympiacos vs Tottenham Hotspur (18th September @ 17:55)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rarely does Harry Kane mishit a pass, but that last pass would have had Son in on goal and he absolutely fluffed it. Happy to get out of that one with a point that we probably don't deserve.

What does this squad want? They have some soul searching to do. We look downstream without a paddle. I long for the days when we instituted a gegenpress, similar to present day Liverpool, and suffocated opponents. Not only that but we never really look threatening in an attacking sense with quick one touch passing. We tend to just about bundle it over the line.

Maybe we can chalk this up to a tough European away day but we don't look like a hungry side. We will see what the next few weeks hold. We are good enough to hang with anyone but it's really down to the players to go out there and enact the Poch's game plan with 110% effort. I'm not seeing it at the moment.

Awful CL display.

0-2 up away you could go 4411 and control and counter.

Not rocket science.

Clear for a good while that, tactically, there are no more levels to Poch.

Pretty one dimentional.

And if he's not able to motivate the team to play for their lives, we go into games considerably deficient.

First half against Palace should be our base level every time we set foot on a pitch.

Greek fans absolute muppets with that distracting horn sound or whatever they was switching on whenever we were in their half. Caveman stuff.

Game was a tough one. Should have managed it way better. Didn't think we played that awful really. Still a lot room for improvement though.

The system doesn't work if we don't have attacking fullbacks either side simple as. No RB again and Lord behold we don't look like breaking a team down. Because they know full well we can't hurt them down one flank so just ignore it. That and playing with Ali who offers nothing if doesn't get a tap in doesn't help

Hairy’s Post Match Thoughts

1. Not pretty, lucky to get a point

2. This squad is slow and plodding. Particularly without Son and Lamela in the side.

3. Counter attacks are not our thing. See #2

4. Entry passes were god awful today. Accuracy was poor, and the passing windows were getting closed down early. See #2

5. We have a serious RB issue.

6. Winks played well is about my only positive takeaway.

7. Hard to imagine this team is third in the League.

Lineker and Ferdinand on BT using the "Sp**sy" expression. I hate the word but we really don't do ourselves any favours to avoid it do we ??
The media can fuck off. Except Jenas and Hoddle, everyone seems to shit on us whenever we get a bad result. Even Gary fucking Lineker.

We need to quash this squandering leads streak we seem to be on, can’t let it become a thing

All in all we got a point away at a team that haven’t lost since February and have only conceded 5 goals in that time, don’t get me wrong we were shite but it’s not the end of the world.

Eriksen was hideous, Lucas our best player by a mile

Onwards and upwards

Pathetic display from pathetic team selection

Dele worst player followed strongly by Nodombele.

Sanchez at RB does not work, it is not rocket science Poch

Kane gave everything in the first half and had donkeys around him

Eriksen tired form Spurs and soon Spurs tired of him

Flushes from Moura

Winks may be MOTM

I like Lamela, hard working beast gives his best every time

The three signings so far haven't improved the fist XI and waste of money, better of had signed Chillwell and Maddison would have come straight to play and made impact

Who can we play instead of Eriksen?

We have zero creativity without him.

We had zero creativity with him tonight, he won’t be here beyond this season so we need to find a new way to play. It’s annoying that Lo Celso is injured but with Dele, Lamela, Lucas, Son, Kane and Ndombele we must be able to find a team that can score goals from that lot. If not then we need to find a new manager.

We really lack decent full backs tonight. Absolutely nothing to offer in the wide areas. When one of the inside forwards had the ball so often he needed an overlapping player.

I'm very disappointed and more importantly, starting to get a little worried

Back
Top Bottom