Olympiacos vs Tottenham Hotspur (18th September @ 17:55)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss the latest matches, our players and any transfer news surrounding Spurs.

Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Champs league is back :)

I reckon we line up something like this:

LLoris
Aurier---- Toby----Jan---Davies
Ndombele---Winks
Son----Dele---- Eriksen
Kane
- Rose has to be rotated at some point and I think this would be a good game to do it
- Ndombele was eased in today and reckon he will be ready to start Wed
- Eriksen, Son and Kane are certs and I think Dele gets the nod over Lucas and Lamela

Register to remove

Airfixx

Cherub
...Lucas starting is a given surely?

--------------LLoris-----------------
--------Ndombele---Dier---------
----Lucas----Eriksen---- Dele----
----------------Kane-----------------

- Is Aurier ready for 2 games in quick succession?
- Is Dier fully fit?

....If not we could end up seeing:

--------------LLoris-----------------
KWP---- Toby----Jan----Davies
--------Ndombele---Winks-------
----Lucas----Eriksen---- Dele----
----------------Kane-----------------

LLoris
Ndombele---Winks
Son----Dele---- Eriksen
Kane
- Rose has to be rotated at some point and I think this would be a good game to do it
- Eriksen, Son and Kane are certs and I think Dele gets the nod over Lucas and Lamela
12 subs allowed on the bench, so presumably every other player who isn't injured (is Lo Celso and Foyth) plus maybe a youngster or two.

Gazzaniga, Walker-Peters, Rose, Sanchez, Dier, Sissoko, Skipp, Lamela, Moura, Sessegnon, Parrott, Tanganga or Wanyama.

Register to remove

Pochs post Palace interview - last question was on Olympiacos where he says he will rotate the squad. Surely will be a first if he does much rotation for a CL game

SausageVince

end of an era

LLoris
Ndombele---Winks
Son----Dele---- Eriksen
Kane
Rest Son. Play Moura.

--‐------------------Lloris--------------------
Aurier-------Toby------Jan----------Davies
-------------Ndombele---Dier------------
-----Lucas---------Alli-----------Eriksen--
---------------------Kane-------------------

————————-Lloris
Aurier—Davinson—Vertonghen—Davies
———-Ndombele——Winks
Lucas—————-Dele——————Lamela
———————-—Kane

Rest Toby, Rose, Son and Eriksen. COYS!

Mrs Perryman

I'm a Cockney Malteser
This is why I could never be a manager - one minute I think we should give Sonny a rest, then five minutes later, I think he should be playing!
Suppose Poch will have one eye on the Leicester game, so maybe not a bad idea to have Sonny on the bench to come on, if needs be.

Gatsby

You know I ball like Ndombele
Lloris
Aurier - Alderweireld- Vertonghen - Davies
Winks - Ndombele
Son - Dele - Eriksen
Kane
Yesterday proved to me how important Sissoko can be. He made some very important passes that led to goals, and can bust through a midfield with easy when he gets going. I think he’ll be needed more for the Leicester game.

Son must start, he’s full of confidence. We need to get off to a winning start in the group stage.

Register to remove

Olympiacos are top of the Greek League on 9 points after 3 games after beating Volos Nps 5-0 yesterday - Volos Nps had been joint top with Olympiacos after two games so this was a fairly big win for Olympiacos whose performance was apparently reflected in the score.

So I'd guess Olympiacos will be full of confidence and will attack us - they recorded wins against Burnley and AC Milan to get to last 32 of EL last season and beat Woolwich away 2 seasons ago so probably wont be push overs for them. Olympiacos only got one point from a CL group containing Barcelona, Juventus and Sporting Lisbon 2 seasons ago so are used to playing strong sides in CL.

Top Bottom