Olympiacos vs Tottenham Hotspur (18th September @ 17:55)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lucas could have easily started on the left side instead of Eriksen yesterday.

For me you don't need Lucas and Son on the same pitch, especially when Lamela is on.

I like Lucas, inthink he's been a cracking buy for the money but it's a squad game and he offers genuine quality for squad depth. If he develops further and improves fair enough, he's still to convince me that he can work with Sonny. I fancy he'll start a game or three over the next 3 weeks though with there being 6-7 games coming up.

As long as we take them seriously we should be fine.

They are in the Champions League for a reason and knocked out some serious opposition to get here. Taking them lightly is not an option.

Trip to Greece on Wednesday, then we have the early fixture on Saturday away. Chelsea and Liverpool play Tuesday, then have no game until Sunday. What is that all about?

Utter bo!!ocks.

Only saving grace is the 17:55 start

Leicester will be licking their lips.

Pochettino will need to be squad adept but once more the lack of a 2nd striker is bizarre.

Lamela is also a different player, closer to Eriksen in what he does. If you change Lucas for Lamela you change the tactics of the team.

Lucas is best as a wide forward or forward so his competition is Son and Kane more than Lamela.

I play Son, Kane, and Lucas in a 4-3-3 in FIFA and I destroy. Does that count?

Benzia is a dangerous player. Hopefully Serge had a boost to his confidence against Palace and will be instrumental in shutting him down.

Lamela is also a different player, closer to Eriksen in what he does. If you change Lucas for Lamela you change the tactics of the team.

Lucas is best as a wide forward or forward so his competition is Son and Kane more than Lamela.
I think Pamela is on a yellow. We don't want another on Wednesday. Maybe rest him for Leicester

Lloris
Aurier - Toby - Jan - Rose
Winks - Ndombele
Lucas - Eriksen - Son
Kane

Another fast start needed. We'll need to be at it from the off in whats going to be a tricky game with a hostile atmosphere. Sissoko on in the second half for that extra burst of pace from the midfield against tiring legs. Be nice for Dele to get some more minutes too. COYS!!!

Play the strongest 11 possible , we can see who is fit for Leicester after, but surely as this is the competition that every club wants to be in we need to go full strength every game?

Can't imagine what Moura needs to do to convince people he is valuable. Something unbelievable like a hat trick in a semi?
Would you pick him ahead of Son at the moment if we had to choose our strongest XI?

I'd play him against Olympiacos but I still don't see him making our strongest XI in a one off game
No, but there's plenty who would shoehorn him in ahead of Lamela or Eriksen!

Maybe that's the point... we've been waiting for SO long to have a bench full of players who could easily start the game.... not just make up the numbers.

Look at our bench on Saturday:
  • 12 Wanyama
  • 15 Dier
  • 20 Alli
  • 22 Gazzaniga
  • 27 Lucas Moura
  • 28 Ndombele
  • 33 Davies
.... that's a pretty good position to be in!

I'd bring in Davies for Rose but would keep Aurier in the side. With Ndombele just back from injury I think he might make another sub appearance onWed and start Saturday.

Surely start with the strongest possible side? 3 points is essential and away games in the CL are never going to be easy...unless players are a bit injured or complaining of tiredness then the best 11 should start.

Back
Top Bottom