Olympiacos vs Tottenham Hotspur (18th September @ 17:55)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We cannot possibly rest Son, he’s just hit his purple patch for fuck sake.

When he’s on this form, we have to play him as much as possible to keep him up at this level and drive him like a slave until his form drops off again.

Then we can think about playing Moura.

Strongest possible team. We need a winning start in the CL, it would be great if Bayern away was meaningless not a "must get a result" scenario .....

Agree with the sentiment, but as Poch said in his press conference, with 7 games in 21 days we will need to rotate.

Leicester next weekend is also important, and ideally we need to win that too.

So question is the degree of rotation. Maybe I'd suggest 3 players to rotate and rest for Leicester :

Davies for Rose
Ndombele for Winks
Dele for Lamela

Strongest possible team. We need a winning start in the CL, it would be great if Bayern away was meaningless not a "must get a result" scenario .....

We are in a very pleasant group this year, take maximum points off Belgrade and Olympiakos and the Bayern games won't even matter, although we should be looking to pip them to first place.

Think Lucas deserves to play the first champions league game after getting dropped for the final.

He's not strong enough to make a starting XI when you compare the rest of our attacking players. It's harsh for Lucas but would you really pick him over Sonny?

Sonny is the better footballer, Lucas will have to accept that for the time bein, knuckle down and do what he needs to do to change the managers mind. Excellent squad player and signing it as it stands I see him offering quality rotation and depth. He should have got 45 minutes yesterday though, no need to not switch it about a little 4-0 up at home.

He's not strong enough to make a starting XI when you compare the rest of our attacking players. It's harsh for Lucas but would you really pick him over Sonny?

Sonny is the better footballer, Lucas will have to accept that for the time bein, knuckle down and do what he needs to do to change the managers mind. Excellent squad player and signing it as it stands I see him offering quality rotation and depth. He should have got 45 minutes yesterday though, no need to not switch it about a little 4-0 up at home.
The only other player he can replace is Lamela (which I expect to happen in this game) but, however much some people might not want to admit, Lamela is playing very well at the moment.

The only other player he can replace is Lamela (which I expect to happen in this game) but, however much some people might not want to admit, Lamela is playing very well at the moment.

Lamela is also a different player, closer to Eriksen in what he does. If you change Lucas for Lamela you change the tactics of the team.

Lucas is best as a wide forward or forward so his competition is Son and Kane more than Lamela.

When you look at the quality we have in those attacking areas it really does have great looking depth. Eriksen, Dele, Lo Celso, Son, Lucas, Lamela, Sessegnon & Kane.

With Lamela hammering his numbers up very quickly this season he has to keep his place ahead of Dele. I never thought I'd be saying that but he's busy and he's currently offering a fair bit of end product so it's great to use that to stick a bit of heat on Del. Nobody's place is guaranteed, apart from Kane really which is a pretty healthy place to be in when you consider we have a squad full of international players.

Poch was very clear he will rotate. All those rested will be back next Saturday.
Lloris, KWP Sanchez Vetonghen, Davies
Ndombele, Winks, Eriksen, Dele
Moura Kane.
A strong side yet players kept fresh for Leicester.

Poch was very clear he will rotate. All those rested will be back next Saturday.
Moura Kane.

I doubt he will rotate that much, but he’s not going to give the team away if he can help it.

TV Coverage on Wednesday :

BT Sport 2 :
UEFA Youth League (u19's) - 13.00 to 15.00 (showing whole game)

Refreshent Break

CL - From 17.15 to 20.00 (showing whole game)

For all foreign channel football listings too try www.livesoccertv.com
Here's Wednesdays ...
Live Soccer Streaming & TV Schedules: Wednesday Sep. 18, 2019 :thumbup: :thumbup:

Moura Kane.

Having missed the bench on Sat, Sanchez may not be fit yet.

12 subs allowed on the bench, so presumably every other player who isn't injured (is Lo Celso and Foyth) plus maybe a youngster or two.

Gazzaniga, Walker-Peters, Rose, Sanchez, Dier, Sissoko, Skipp, Lamela, Moura, Sessegnon, Parrott, Tanganga or Wanyama.
Unless something's changed that's just for the final, every other game is the standard 7 subs.

Back
Top Bottom