Olympiacos vs Tottenham Hotspur (18th September @ 17:55)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we need to rest Kane, I'd start Lamela as false no 9. His best position IMHO. Doesn't need time to overthink and to dally around in midfield.

Hugo

Aurier
Toby
Jan
Davies (if fit)

Eriksen
Dele
Dier

Moura
Lamela
Son

Gotta take Olympiakos deadly serious. If it was the Europa League then I would fear the worst (players switching off) but they're pretty good in the CL.

Having said that, we need to avoid putting ourselves in a nightmare scenario like we did in last season's group stage. I don't think we can escape like that twice in a row - and a win away would be the perfect tone setter. Makes results against Bayern less essential.

Based on who didnt start yesterday/who was subbed off I'd guess the following XI:

............................Lloris
KWP...... Sanchez.... Toby...... Davies
........Ndombele........... Winks
..........................Eriksen
......Lucas...........Kane......... Dele

But could easily see a couple of surprises, like Eriksen on the bench. Kane will start but needs to be pulled ASAP if we find ourselves in a comfortable position.

Why do we need to rest Kane? He came off on Saturday, had a full summer off and is chomping at the bit for goals.

Same line up that started vs Palace, but with Ndombele in from the start. There’s an argue for Alli to come in, but I wouldn’t know who to drop.

Back
Top Bottom