Olympiacos vs Tottenham Hotspur (18th September @ 17:55)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Does anyone know anything about the oppo? Presumably either one of Lucas (likely) or Son will start with the other coming on as sub if needs. Do Olymp have any pace in defence?

Checking out their results they havent played any of their bigger rivals yet

Well, had a quick look.
Most important detail is the following player that they have in their ranks

NLMeX2EO_400x400.jpg

(sorry, not racist but ... come on :D )

In CL qualification they beat Viktoria Plzen (Czheck republic), Basaksehir (Turkey) and Krasnodar (Russia). All decent teams I'd say. And they did not lose a single game within those 6. As expected - results at home significantly better than away.

Last year in Europa league they won AC Milan at home + drew with Real Betis and Dynamo Kyiev. Over 2 games they were knocked out in 1st playoff round by Kyiev. Year before they lost 5 of their 6 CL games (only point came at home from 0:0 with Barcelona). Year before kicked out in R16 by Besiktas.

So it is really difficult to tell, not very many really strong teams they have played recently.

I would assume that they will line up defensively as we play bit on different level than Krasnodar and Plzen. Though the atmosphere is most likely quite hostile for us (and supportive for them).

You hope we lose?? Don't know if i've ever watched a game 'hoping we lose'.
Only once for me and never again i hope.
Man Utd away in '99 so the scum didn't win the league.
Wouldn't attend the game for that reason.
Watched it in a packed Cockerel Bar/Whitehall Tavern, only three spurs divs cheered when Les put us ahead, Walker was saving nearly everything, we cheered when they scored their two goals, and went berserk at the final whistle, it was party time.
WE HATE THE ARS*NAL !!!

Watched it in a packed Cockerel Bar/Whitehall Tavern, only three spurs divs cheered when Les put us ahead, Walker was saving nearly everything, we cheered when they scored their two goals, and went berserk at the final whistle, it was party time.
WE HATE THE ARS*NAL !!!
Remember that game yeah. Rare exception i guess.

Well, had a quick look.
Most important detail is the following player that they have in their ranks

NLMeX2EO_400x400.jpg

(sorry, not racist but ... come on :D )

In CL qualification they beat Viktoria Plzen (Czheck republic), Basaksehir (Turkey) and Krasnodar (Russia). All decent teams I'd say. And they did not lose a single game within those 6. As expected - results at home significantly better than away.

Last year in Europa league they won AC Milan at home + drew with Real Betis and Dynamo Kyiev. Over 2 games they were knocked out in 1st playoff round by Kyiev. Year before they lost 5 of their 6 CL games (only point came at home from 0:0 with Barcelona). Year before kicked out in R16 by Besiktas.

So it is really difficult to tell, not very many really strong teams they have played recently.

I would assume that they will line up defensively as we play bit on different level than Krasnodar and Plzen. Though the atmosphere is most likely quite hostile for us (and supportive for them).

Since the 2009/10 season, Olympiacos have won five of their six European home matches against English opposition. Three of those wins have come against Woolwich. (also ManU and Burnley I think)

One to watch
He may only be six games into his Olympiacos career, but forward Youssef El Arabi already has four goals to his name in red and white – achieving an average of a goal every 84 minutes so far. A poacher in the box, the Moroccan international possesses great movement and is an instinctive striker, always seeming to know where the ball will land in the box.

Previous meetings
8 November, 1972 – Olympiacos 1-0 Spurs – UEFA Cup second round, second leg
25 October, 1972 – Spurs 4-0 Olympiacos – UEFA Cup second round, first leg

Just come on here to 39 notification. I don't know 39 people, christ.

Anyway.. Olympakios have a pretty ugly CL record of recent, no win in 8 games. But they have an alright record vs English teams. Would like to see Parrott get some minutes, and excited to see what Poch means by experimenting with the line up.

Lloris
KWP - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Davies
Dier
Ndombele - Eriksen
Lucas - Kane - Son​

WE HATE THE ARS*NAL !!!
Even in that game i couldn't bring myself to cheer Man u goals.I just kept quiet throughout the game.Watched in a pub in Wood Green

Last edited:
"Made of glass' what the type of triplex reinforced glass they use in the queens roller??? I swear some people just make shit up ffs

Danny Rose has been unavailable for 55 games through injury since January 2017.

Olympiacos have had an amazing start to the season, conceding just one goal in 9 games in the CL and domestic league, scoring 20. They have won 5 of their last 6 home games against English teams. It's going to be tough, much tougher than Palace.

Just come on here to 39 notification. I don't know 39 people, christ.

Anyway.. Olympakios have a pretty ugly CL record of recent, no win in 8 games. But they have an alright record vs English teams. Would like to see Parrott get some minutes, and excited to see what Poch means by experimenting with the line up.

Lloris
KWP - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Davies
Dier
Ndombele - Eriksen
Lucas - Kane - Son​
Dele to play surely?

The mental hangover from a 1800km round trip drive across Spain for 90secs of meaningful football has almost receded.

Felt uninspired by the build up to this years comp, hopefully once i hear "it" ill be ready to do it all again (more fool me)

All together now:

"THE CHAMMMMMMMPIOOOOOOOOONNNNNNSSSSSSS"

Last edited:
Just realised it's an early kick off, damn, ruined my plans for an afternoon visit to the pub, two hour siesta then the match. Means I'll have to leave for a drink in fifteen minutes time and get home for about 4-30. This really is most inconsiderate of the Greeks. Is there an address I can send a complaint to :thumbdown:

A walk in the park this will not be. #Yodaism

We'll have to be ready for a very hostile reception and for a tough night.

On paper we have this but football is not played on paper. We have to take them seriously and be focused from the word go.

Since the 2009/10 season, Olympiacos have won five of their six European home matches against English opposition. Three of those wins have come against Woolwich. (also ManU and Burnley I think)

I don't see any point looking as far back as 10 years. What does it tell?
Look at our team 10 years ago? Those are 2 absolutely separate teams. By personell, by style, by coach, by mentality...

P.S - last English team visiting them- Burnley.
Well, you sure that we should benchmark us after Burnley?

Danny Rose has been unavailable for 55 games through injury since January 2017.

Olympiacos have had an amazing start to the season, conceding just one goal in 9 games in the CL and domestic league, scoring 20. They have won 5 of their last 6 home games against English teams. It's going to be tough, much tougher than Palace.
Not disputing this is a tough one just get fucked off with Rose being slagged off!! How many games have Kane/ Alli/ Lamela missed through injury ffs but hey look everyone it Danny' the scapegoat 'Rose....get a fucking grip son

Ive given this a lot of thought and here is what I have come up with...I think we will win. But we might lose. But its possible we could draw. No matter the outcome, we can all agree that Sissoko shouldn't shoot.

Back
Top Bottom