New season ticket holders thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would recommend to most people to take junction 18 of the M25 and drive to Chorleywood Station. The Met Line runs southbound to Wembley Park, car parking on a Saturday at chorleywood is £2 and £1.50 on a Sunday. The off peak oyster/contactless cost is £1.80 each way.

The journey time is approximately half an hour and they run 5 southbound services an hour on a Saturday and 4 on a Sunday.

It's usually easier leaving Wembley Park north bound and taking an Amersham or Chesham service from there or changing at Harrow on the Hill.

I would recommend to most people to take junction 18 of the M25 and drive to Chorleywood Station. The Met Line runs southbound to Wembley Park, car parking on a Saturday at chorleywood is £2 and £1.50 on a Sunday. The off peak oyster/contactless cost is £1.80 each way.

The journey time is approximately half an hour and they run 5 southbound services an hour on a Saturday and 4 on a Sunday.

It's usually easier leaving Wembley Park north bound and taking an Amersham or Chesham service from there or changing at Harrow on the Hill.
Is that the stretch of line that gets hilariously bouncy at some point?

It was like a fairground ride!

Yes it was a lot better when you were sat down used to throw people standing up around quite a bit. They always slowed up going past the Neasden depot as if they were were being watched, then you'd return to impersonating the contents of a cocktail shaker.

The best /goriest story I heard was about a decapitation between Chalfont and Chesham. The passenger couldn't wait for a cigarette and stood between the 2 carriages, he slipped while the train was in motion and there was the ultimate proof that smoking kills.

or, how about, coming from the north and ignoring the m25, M1 straight down to Watford Junction, then only 10 mins on the main line train to Wembley Central. Don't know what the parking is like at Watford Junction…..

or, how about, coming from the north and ignoring the m25, M1 straight down to Watford Junction, then only 10 mins on the main line train to Wembley Central. Don't know what the parking is like at Watford Junction…..
Free street parking Reeds Crescent
Google Maps

I always use google maps to view street restrictions, this seems to be the closest as its over the line.
There is 4 hour pay parking nearer with restrictions lifted at 1830. OK for late kick offs but no good for early or 3pm.

I think watford junction has a car park but that is around the £5 marker. I would say that the line to Wembley is quick but driving in the area is a bit more of a mixed bag as the ring road and the roads running in to Watford can be hard going at times.

Woo hoo. Been a bronze member for last 4 years and finally joined the season ticket party. I travel down from the wild sticks of Norfolk and for the CL Wembley games last season I tried getting the train to Liverpool Street and tubing, driving to Stratford and tubing, and driving to Chorleywood and getting the train, and concluded that all 3 took ages and getting to Wembley is a massive ball ache. Is there a better option that I'm missing? I've seen the ads for the mini bus coach thing going from stansted, has anyone tried that and is it a decent option?

I think watford junction has a car park but that is around the £5 marker. I would say that the line to Wembley is quick but driving in the area is a bit more of a mixed bag as the ring road and the roads running in to Watford can be hard going at times.
If you go 4 minutes further to Bushsy Station there aren't parking restrictions on roads very close to the station.

Woo hoo. Been a bronze member for last 4 years and finally joined the season ticket party. I travel down from the wild sticks of Norfolk and for the CL Wembley games last season I tried getting the train to Liverpool Street and tubing, driving to Stratford and tubing, and driving to Chorleywood and getting the train, and concluded that all 3 took ages and getting to Wembley is a massive ball ache. Is there a better option that I'm missing? I've seen the ads for the mini bus coach thing going from stansted, has anyone tried that and is it a decent option?

Move Wembley to Norwich?

I
How big is the car park at Chorleywood Station? Would you have to get there ridiculously early to secure a spot?

I commute in from there daily, on the weekends it is really quite empty. In the week I would say it is fairly packed with commuters.

There are some other options 5 minutes away from the station, there is a small free shoppers car park in a place called Ferry Lane, it offers 4 hours free parking from 9-5, so you can park there for free from 1pm onwards, there are only about 30 odd spots there though.

Back
Top Bottom