Man Utd vs Tottenham Hotspur | Wednesday 19th Oct | KO 20:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Those 2 Juve rejects seemed to perk us up last season did they not?

........Especially the ginger Swede; he seems to have excited many of us.

Plenty of jiz spilled over Romero too.

Personally, the signing of Bissouma excited me cos even though he's had a slow integration (in part hindered by Covid interupting his pre-season); he's quality.
I have to agree that benta and kulu did help us last season. I think kulu has a higher ceiling than benta who is probly at best an average midfiekder. Never a tackler string type or a modric type. Biss is still a great signing fir the money and I always wanted him but at Brighton he played in a team that liked to pass the ball around and move it. So hopefully he will come good.
However I get your point which is valid.

Rewatch old matches like I do (https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/harry-kane.6451/post-3585216) and you'll see that you're wrong about Kane. I'd suggest the Leicester 6-1 for starters.
I take your point but I can't agree. He's allowed to do anything he likes but still starts every game. He can have 3 stinkers in a row, score a goal in the 4th and everything is OK. He should have to earn his weekly place like every other member of the team. Some of whom work a lot harder than he does. We can't afford to have a "talisman" as shown against utd...

I think this is becoming more evident by the week. I think it’s a reason for Liverpool’s supposed bad start too. Chelsea’s players have looked like it as well, on occasion.

It was always going to happen and is a reason why I’ve been sceptical about judging anything on this first part of the season. Also it’s why January will be so important to get players in to push the squad on because of tiredness from the World Cup.
Then play a few players who are not going to the WC. They’ll give it their all. Surely conte wouldn’t allow that anyway?

This is it in a nutshell isn’t it?

I thought prematch that I hope he goes 3 up front because it just gives a team like Man U more to worry about if they lose the ball when attacking.

Are we seeing the problem of Conte preparing more than a game a week raise its head again?
Why can’t he do that every other top manager has and his on £15M / yr to do it. Most of us have to work 5 days a week without any let up. Surely he can prepare a team / squad to play 2 games per week?

Just imagine if we went for another technical gifted player be it Maddison or Eriksen. Would have helped enormously with kulu out. However we could still have played 443 with a CM of 2 ftom skipp, PEH, benta and Biss with either Maddison or Eriksen in front behind son Kane and kulu. Now that would be a great line up.
Need someone quickly....kulu out until new year....

Watching HL of Bayern/Augsburg. Apparently there's a new tactical method, although I've not heard of it before. Perhaps it's worth investigating? It's called (they said) "run-ning". Some kind of idea from the Far East perhaps? Anyway, it seems that chaps without the ball do this "run-ning" so the chap with the ball can send it to them and then himself do some "run-ning" to keep up. Anyone heard of it?
That is called pass and move a very noble idea. Could be worth exploring😀

Last 10 we started to.play yesterday but the game was lost by then. Midfield is shit. No goalscoring threat that area. Tielemens for free, neves from wolves and maddison from leicester. I'd buy the lot. Not sure bentacur is a top 4 player. He was really bad in a 15 minute spell 1st half yesterday.
100%?agree those 3 would be fantastic, I’ve said it about benta but he cost approx £15M whilst he has.been generally good don’t think he would get into almost half the teams in PL.

Trying to prove a point to the board by playing shit football, is surely a risky business, this could seriously back fire.
Im just saying as his veiled comments seen before. His basically saying he needs top quality defenders and WBs to play his conte ball of sitting back.
PS I really hate his goal celebrations as if they are from his master plan.

Indeed and the schedule is kind of messed up for us, if it hasn't been for Lizzie passing we would have played City, Chelsea, Woolwich, Utd, West Ham and Brighton away in the first 2 months of the season.

Obviously things will be in our favour in the 2nd half of the season where we play these teams at home, only 'tough' games are at Anfield and St James and the re-arranged City match after Xmas.
Of course assuming we beat them at home?

Conte a moaner, I don't see him any differently from Mourinho.

Again a game we are set out to snatch a win.
Another fucking loser mentality where we cowardly with shit Italian Greece tactics.

Just wondering if there's anyone who will play us courageously. Sherwood tried but failed because he doesn't have the tactical acumen...

This person got who he wanted and beef up on position where we had enough cover, if we wanted we should have gotten the Georgian fella from Napoli. Why do we spend to have these player warm bench. Thievy ain't needed neither was Lenglet.

Last edited:
Would this squad play better with a Harry redknapp type manager

No I'm not suggesting we get him back but I wonder if these players need more freedom
They’d play better and be better to watch. If Harry had been given half the funds Conte has had, we’d have been incredible.

I just saw the first goal we conceded against Utd, absolute horror show from Son, Hojbjerg and Dier, disgusting.

Nah what the fuck is this

Actually probably a bit harsh to blame Hojbjerg but the others...

Surprised nobody is pointing out kanes absolute inability to jump. What should have been an unchallenged cushioned header back was just looped 20ft in the air.

Comedy of errors.

They’d play better and be better to watch. If Harry had been given half the funds Conte has had, we’d have been incredible.
While Redknapp is my favourite Spurs manager behind Poch, the reality is that he had his head turned by England so pointless to lament his going I think. But yeah, Nelson and Saha in the January window was monumentally disappointing but again, it was the January window so pointless lamenting that one too.

Personally, I'm still struggling to get excited about Conte. I know, I know...

Back
Top Bottom