Man Utd vs Tottenham Hotspur | Wednesday 19th Oct | KO 20:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Or that one pass fired into the striker at 100 mph, which they always lose. That’s the one that winds me up the most!

Surely the way we are set up, the instinct should be to feed the wingbacks QUICKLY(!!!) whenever possible...... Too often the CBs (not so much Davies) insist on putting their foot on the ball and having a casual look round the pitch..... Either that or the WBs receives the ball and they themselves stop and check backwards.... Ditto throw-ins.

As good as we can be on the break, it drives me insane the way we kill so many potential counters before they even happen by being so ponderous.

......That's simply not Conte-ball. That's gotta be down to the players.

Last edited:
You pick me 5 of that happening and I'll pick you 25 where we bottled it. Happens a lot more often than us showing up to be counted when it really matters.

Last season alone:

Man City - home & away
Liverpool - home & away
Woolwich - home.

Now lets hear your 25 from last season?

The lore you're trying to establish only remembers the losses.

I just saw the first goal we conceded against Utd, absolute horror show from Son, Hojbjerg and Dier, disgusting.

Nah what the fuck is this

Actually probably a bit harsh to blame Hojbjerg but the others...

Last edited:
I just saw the first goal we conceded against Utd, absolute horror show from Son, Hojbjerg and Dier, disgusting.

Nah what the fuck is this

Actually probably a bit harsh to blame Hojbjerg but the others...

Calvin Klein edition header from Son there. Has he... Ever won a header? Doesn't look like it here!

Dier trying dance moves when we need a clearance. SMH.

Thats Dan Blocker

Korean Drama Omg GIF by The Swoon

Sons cowardice, Dier Dire stupidity gifted them their first goal

yeah that's disgusting from Son, if that was Emerson, or an ndombele the wicker man would be waiting for them on Sunday.
I hope Hugo lloris had a word with him again, its shite like that why we get overrun away from home by a lot of sides

song-heung-min2344-1594079114123878044831.gif

as for dier well he's just bang average so im not surprised

You're taking one run of games from last season and not all of them are everything on the line stand up and be counted games that I'm referring to. I said season after season. If you want to go back and look over those season defining moments then you'll find plenty if you want to go that deep into it with me I'll name you plenty. If you look at the big games this season alone so far Woolwich and United that's two (and a lucky draw vs chelsea)and not only losing but the manner in which we lost.
Surely any league game can be construed as season defining, depending on the context you use it in?

Draw enough games, then lose a couple when your rivals lose 3 but draw none, you could point at any one of those games as season defining.
How often have we seen the comment in the match day thread, when we've drawn or lost, how those lost points could come back to haunt us?

It's a flawed argument used as a stick to beat the team with.

This is what we get when Levy didn't get Conte enough to feel like he can play to win, instead of play not to lose.

The worst part is that, should Conte actually leave, all of our problems with Kane being unsettled come roaring back immediately.

If I were Levy I'd be keeping the pot on the boil with Bayern behind the scenes. Of course, if I were Levy, I'd also have either not hired Conte, or would have backed him sufficiently in the first place.
How much could we buy ? We spent a bit before he came on players like Romero royal Doh and so on then benta and kulu in jan. Summer 22 again another load of players where a lot on here said was a good window. Although what we needed was a player with that bit extra and we never went for one. The ones we have apart from perri his been reluctant to give any minutes to until recently. We are 11 ganes in plus 4 CL games yet some players have hardly played. We got rid of berg who we should have kept as I really don’t see how richo is worth nearly 3 times as much. If everyone is fit he doesn’t even start. By now he should have hit the ground running as his had plenty of PL experience. Other clubs seem to have got their new purchases playing well.

yeah that's disgusting from Son, if that was Emerson, or an ndombele the wicker man would be waiting for them on Sunday.
I hope Hugo lloris had a word with him again, its shite like that why we get overrun away from home by a lot of sides

song-heung-min2344-1594079114123878044831.gif

as for dier well he's just bang average so im not surprised
Dier fucked up twice on the first goal if you look at the play. 2nd goal he makes no attempt to block the shot.

Kulusevski is the most crucial player on this side. He's the one that makes us click.
Just imagine if we went for another technical gifted player be it Maddison or Eriksen. Would have helped enormously with kulu out. However we could still have played 443 with a CM of 2 ftom skipp, PEH, benta and Biss with either Maddison or Eriksen in front behind son Kane and kulu. Now that would be a great line up.

i don't know how much more i can watch this shite

90 mins of negativity

even at home we start the same

its boring
We sleep wake first halves. Every gane at home is the same. May as well stay at shelf bar having a few drinks then go out for 2nd half. The fans can sing all they want , sing Antonio , etc but the team and setup just makes you want to sit down and wait for HT. Will he ever send us out fired up and at the get go from the off. That’s all I want. Said it before best way is to go out strong get a goal then do conteball.

Spot on - Loris Kane and Son will need replaced very soon. The rebuild should have started 2 years before MoPo left - as MoPo suggested! We’re 5 years and counting from then and still “rebuilding” but not improving
But how many players have we bought and spent money on with hardly any coming in. We have spent a shit load and yet I look at our team and apart from lane and Som when on song I really don’t see any stand out players or ones to get you excited about. Does anyone actually look forward to watch us play or any specific player?

But how many players have we bought and spent money on with hardly any coming in. We have spent a shit load and yet I look at our team and apart from lane and Som when on song I really don’t see any stand out players or ones to get you excited about. Does anyone actually look forward to watch us play or any specific player?

Those 2 Juve rejects seemed to perk us up last season did they not?

........Especially the ginger Swede; he seems to have excited many of us.

Plenty of jiz spilled over Romero too.

Personally, the signing of Bissouma excited me cos even though he's had a slow integration (in part hindered by Covid interupting his pre-season); he's quality.

Back
Top Bottom