Man Utd vs Tottenham Hotspur | Wednesday 19th Oct | KO 20:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Massive game this IMO. Not just because it's away to a direct rival but I'm looking to see if we've developed as a team both on the pitch and mentally. Need to start beating teams around us away from home to show our credentials.

We have to start with 352.

Lloris
Romero Dier Davies
Doherty Bentancur Bissouma PEH Sess
Son Kane

Looking forward to meeting Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman and 1chriswaddle again

Those of you not able to make it to the game, FYI its on amazon prime

Massive game this IMO. Not just because it's away to a direct rival but I'm looking to see if we've developed as a team both on the pitch and mentally. Need to start beating teams around us away from home to show our credentials.

Lloris
Romero Dier Davies
Son Kane

Agree with regard to both mentality and the line-up.

Tough game. They've become steady if unspectacular under Ten Haag & beat both Woolwich and Liverpool at Old Trafford already. They're well equipped on the counter attack and have a bit more steel at the back and in midfield.

I expect a bit of a slog, tbh. A draw would be a more than acceptable result.

Completely unpredictable game.

We could go there and win 6-1, or lose 3-0. Don’t you just love football? 😂

I just hope if greasy Ron is playing, that we have a plan for him this time, we let him run riot in the last game and had no idea how to close him down

Tough game. They've become steady if unspectacular under Ten Haag & beat both Woolwich and Liverpool at Old Trafford already. They're well equipped on the counter attack and have a bit more steel at the back and in midfield.

I expect a bit of a slog, tbh. A draw would be a more than acceptable result.

I think our MF3 would comfortably trump them for steel. We're also an awkward proposition for them; not being the most front-footed team..... Their front 3 all relish space to run into and beyond, so sitting in a bit would likely work in our favour.

Could quite easily stifle each other and see a dirge of a 0-0 tho' given the clash of styles, but as the away team you'd reluctantly take that.

Last edited:

Lloris
Romero Dier Davies
Son Kane

Thanks for the reminder that it's on Amazon.

I think our MF3 would comfortably trump them for steel. We're also an awkward proposition for them; not being the most front-footed team..... Their front 3 all relish space to run into and beyond, so sitting in a bit would likely work in our favour.

Could quite easily stifle each other and see a dirge or a 0-0 given the clash of styles, but as the away team you'd reluctantly take that.

Oh it will. But they have a reliable shield. Casemiro will probably start, possibly even alongside a McTominay. They won't be easy to play through and they probably won't be giving us lots of space to counter.

I see a lot of cancelling each other out and yeah .. draw would be fine.

Oh it will. But they have a reliable shield. Casemiro will probably start, possibly even alongside a McTominay. They won't be easy to play through and they probably won't be giving us lots of space to counter.

I see a lot of cancelling each other out and yeah .. draw would be fine.

Haven't actually seen him play for them yet; but until now in the league ETH has be trying to force a MF3 including both CE & BrunoF.

Haven't actually seen him play for them yet; but until now in the league ETH has be trying to force a MF3 including both CE & BrunoF.

I'd be surprised if he did that vs us, tbh. I expect to see Eriksen, Casemiro, McTominay. Starting Bruno & Eriksen would make me more optimistic.

But hey ... we'll see. I think Casemiro is nailed on though, he's started getting in to the lineup and don't see how they can leave out their big summer signing for any longer.

w0JoM9w.jpg

Forester, Spence, Sessegnon, Sanchez, Davies, Skipp, Lucas, Gil, Kulusevski

w0JoM9w.jpg

Forester, Spence, Sessegnon, Sanchez, Davies, Skipp, Lucas, Gil, Kulusevski
hard to choose anything other than that going on earlier. obviously davies out for lenglet who gives us more quality on the ball.

this would be a big statement win. a win here and we are flying.

eventually though PEH and bentancur are going to need some rest, cant be expected to play all these games coming up. conte is going to have to earn his dough and play this run up to the world cup extremely smart

Must win game for me, 352, Kane and Son uptop
I think it’s the only option if Kulu is out, but honestly if kulu is actually fit by some miracle I would be happy with the 3-4-3 aswell as we are better on the break in that formation.

Either way a draw doesn’t do it for me, we need to start winning some of our games against the big 6 this season if we are serious about achieving anything.

Let’s go there and turn them over, last season city away esque performance please.

Back
Top Bottom