Man Utd vs Tottenham Hotspur | Wednesday 19th Oct | KO 20:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

it's important not to lose.
I would be happy with a draw in this match, our final goal is the top 4 in the table cause manchester city are unplayable with haaland

Agree let's not lose because it's one point from our 2 games against the expected top 4 rivals. We need to lay down our marker of sorts.

As for top 4, nah mate. Conte won't say it but that's the fallback if we carry on as we are.

The extra days rest goes in our favour for a change.
The days of going to Man Utd knowing you'll lose are long gone and i'm fully expecting a positive result.
We've really started to look like a well established team and should be too much for an unsettled man utd.

He deserves so much more than just a pat on the back for what he's been through but still, it's going to be tough watching Chris playing in a red shirt.

We need to go to the big teams and get results. If you want to win league titles It's what you absolutely have to do. Need to show we aren't just the same old spurs that come up short when the big games come around. It's time to step up now.

Oh it will. But they have a reliable shield. Casemiro will probably start, possibly even alongside a McTominay. They won't be easy to play through and they probably won't be giving us lots of space to counter.

I see a lot of cancelling each other out and yeah .. draw would be fine.

I hope McTominay does start

I really don’t rate him

I would be happy with a draw in this match, our final goal is the top 4 in the table cause manchester city are unplayable with haaland
I think we should be looking to break 2 points a game this season (80 ideally) and then see if we can go higher again next season.

No Richarlison and no Kulusevski makes this relatively straight forward in terms of starting eleven.

Lloris
Romero - Dier - Davies
Doherty - Bentancur - Bissouma - Hojbjerg - Perisic
Kane - Son
Though I wouldn't be surprised if he brings in BIG GAME SESS to start this one with another big game coming up on the weekend.

Would be a great statement to smash United. Would start to create a gap from the rest too.

Massive game this IMO. Not just because it's away to a direct rival but I'm looking to see if we've developed as a team both on the pitch and mentally. Need to start beating teams around us away from home to show our credentials.

We have to start with 352.

Lloris
Romero Dier Davies
Doherty Bentancur Bissouma PEH Sess
Son Kane

Looking forward to meeting Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman and 1chriswaddle again

Those of you not able to make it to the game, FYI its on amazon prime
It's on Amazon prime?!?! Oh my goodness! You fucking.legend..cheers for that info

It's on Amazon prime?!?! Oh my goodness! You fucking.legend..cheers for that info

I just subscribe for free for the month for the game and I can get free postage on Xmas presents

Before any smart arse says anything I’m aware that if you spend over £20 it’s free but I’m a tight old git!!

I just subscribe for free for the month for the game and I can get free postage on Xmas presents

Before any smart arse says anything I’m aware that if you spend over £20 it’s free but I’m a tight old git!!
We love tight old gits tho right?!
The Mrs has prime for free delivery on all the thousands of things she orders over day lol! I just hadn't realised it was on TV. Binned off sky and not sport as I kind of enjoy listening to the radio commentary (5 live not Sam matter face wanker). Finally realised I was paying for a lot of games I just won't watch. About time they offered every spurs game, every city game etc as a package to subscribe to.

352 is definitely the way to go - and a bonus if Kulusevski makes the bench.

With Bissouma in the side, its allowing both Bentancur and Hojberg to play in more advanced positions when Spurs have possession, which led to our 2nd goal yesterday with Bentancur advanced on the right to cross to Hojbjerg who scored.

Whilst I think a 433 with Kulusevski can make us better in attack, a 352 makes us more solid in defence and if we can get one or two of the CM's to advance and support our attackers, its not too much of a drop off in attack from a 433.

The other advantage is that with Richarlison and possibly Kulusevski out, it still leaves us with subs on the bench to come on in those positions in Skipp as CM and Moura in attack (with Sarr and Gil also available). I also wouldn't rule out Conte bringing on Spence late in the game as an attacker simply because he has pace and an ability to attack as well as defend, or even to give Doherty a break at RWB given he's our only other RWB option with Emerson out.

City are clinical; not unplayable.....

They've already dropped points in multiple games.

As always their defence can be got at.

I think we should be looking to break 2 points a game this season (80 ideally) and then see if we can go higher again next season.

We already have since Conte arrived.

One way or another, a higher finish than last year should be the goal.

For once we have the extra day rest, that is a nice break.

3-5-2 is our best option with the injuries we have. United will play 4231.

Goalkeepers
Lloris v De Gea.
Both are very good but both have howlers in them.

Defense
Doherty - Romero - Dier - Lenglet - Sessegnon
Dalot - Varane - Martinez - Shaw
We have a clear advantage. Martinez is better than I expected but still not great, Varane is past it and their fullbacks are easy to run past for guys like Son. Our defense has been very good 95% of the time this season.

Midfield
Hojberg - Bissouma - Bentancur
Casemiro - Fred - Bruno (Eriksen is sick apparently)
Good matchup depending what Bruno shows up. Casemiro looks slow whenever I watch him but I do not expect either midfield to produce much.

Forwards
Kane - Son
Sancho - Ronaldo - Antony
Not even a debate.

We are better all around the pitch and have a better manager. Zero reason we do not win this by a few goals if we show up.

Just signed up!
And wrote out a dozen post- its with the expiry date and stuck them on the TV, toilet cistern etc.. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom