Man Utd vs Tottenham Hotspur | Wednesday 19th Oct | KO 20:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Overall I think Conte was out managed here, the Tactics didn't work at all, subs were too late. But also Man Utd played with more intensity and desire, helped by their home fans. Fernandes was annoyingly good.
We've been playing those Tactics all season, and have been found out 3 times, against teams good enough to 'find them out'!
The late/ineffective subs have been Conte's stock in trade since he's been here... In fact, I can't remember the last Spurs manager we had who utilised his subs effectively... It's a complaint that's been levelled at Poch, Mourinho, Nuno etc...

...and as for the 'famous intimidating' atmosphere, it's usually only the sound of selfie sticks being put away when the game starts that makes any noise!
Tonight though, they did decide to pipe up a bit... But still nothing that should strike the fear of god into you.... Yet our players looked more like TERRIFIED autograph hunters out there....
Just glad to be part of it all, but totally overwhelmed by the occasion!

No hiding place. We can't KEEP rolling out the same tired excuses up there....

It's performance anxiety, lack of technical ability and Hojbjerg level mentality. We are a "team" with no spine. Put prime dembele, van de vaart and eriksen in that team and we're an absolute force to be reckoned with.

Add Prime Pele Cruyff and Maradona and possibly a shot at top 4 atm but then there’s our defence!

Fucking joke

Well apparently we have shit players and conte is just hamstrung - why don't these people fck off and support the chavs or citeh - this is Spurs, our managers do what they can with what they can get. It's always been that way. We ain't gonna spend like real psg or citeh so we need managers who get the best out of players.

Not gonna depress myself by reading this thread
Thoughts
Man Utd good
Apart from first 10 minutes we were shite
Like it or not royal is currently our best RB
Bissouma is not yet the player must of us thought or hoped he was
Romero has been shit for a while now
Sunday is gonna be a tough game

It's performance anxiety, lack of technical ability and Hojbjerg level mentality. We are a "team" with no spine. Put prime dembele, van de vaart and eriksen in that team and we're an absolute force to be reckoned with.
Eriksen never returning to us.United offered him a long term contract and an unbelievable salary.Mercenary.I do not want his name mentioned on this forum again.Never a true Spur.

Ten Hag: "I think it was the best team performance so far this season. You can see we are still developing but you can see the way we want to play. Against Spurs as well''

I'll tell you what's eating at me. Conte has his idea of how you win. But since City and with Newcastle now also having limit less cash puls Uniteds historic cash cow, his grind out the points all the way to a league win will not work. The draw away and beat the top sides at home blue print.

He clearly thinks he gets three more windows of high investment after which we will be able to play his precious 343.Meaning we can sit in soak it up and occasionally nick all three points but mostly draw our way to the title. He'll have Udogie and a LCB probably Torres, and be all good, only its crap. Because in another 18 months he'll need Oblak because Loris will have declined, Leao because Kane has too possibly Osimhen as Son has. Only under Enic that's another six windows right there. We need a LWB RWB and attacking CM, and we need them this past summer.

I will accept much of that but not the players as in they are the past.

How to rectify the present?

The outcome is too predictable, although so far only City have won at a top 6 opponent's ground.

When Liverpool beat City at the weekend, I did a little fist bump and proclaimed to my mate in the pub, that's a great result for our title chances, and for the league in general.
Now just 4 days later I'm sweating top 4 and the gooners somehow luck sacking their way to a title ala Leicester...
Need a giant reaction against Newcastle at the weekend, one of those ruthless Fuck you type of performances that sides with character show after they have been wounded.

have we got it in us though? remains to be seen.
Which is precisely what I was hoping Man City would do to the Arse tonight....
Before the Arse 'wangled' getting the game called off....

As it is, they'll probably rearrange their game in between 2 massive CL games for City, who will no doubt rest the entire 1st team squad and play the Under-11's!

It's luck like THAT that wins you titles!

Back
Top Bottom