Man Utd vs Tottenham Hotspur | Wednesday 19th Oct | KO 20:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

God that was bad. Feel really sorry for Mrs P and the other fans that made their way up there to watch that.

I gave Chelsea credit for making us look shit, and I thought we were OK against Woolwich until the red card, but tonight is without doubt our worst performance since the 3-0 loss to Utd at home last season.

Embarrassing the number of poor first touches I saw.

What annoys me is how nervous we got about dog shit pressers. Yeah, if you’re pressed by Fred or Casi fair play, be worried. Or Hendo, Mane etc for Liverpool in the past.

Don’t let fucking Sancho or Anthony take you out your game and affect your first touch.

Gonna be hard to shake the stench of that off over the next few days.

List them please. I'm not in the mood for your shit tonight
He means djed Spence.... who wasn't even playing so that had fuck all to do with any result...bullshit performance, just like this season so far....
Already loosing patience with conte, why did levy get rid of boring mourinho to just employ his younger self............we deserve better, than levy and enic and this continuous negative football

Coming out of retirement to say I haven't seen us get dominated like that for a long long time.
Even on the worst days one or two players win their duals or we put some tackles in or something. Every single player got outfought by his opposite number, not just outfought but made to look an utter cunt in the process.

A beating like that is not easy to recover from.

Our best ever PL start statistically, and we put in a performance like that, just baffling. There is something very mentally wrong with this group.

Doesn't matter who the manager is they still shit themselves at the big grounds.

Team needs to wake the fuck up, there has been 1 or maybe 2 good perfomances this season out of 15 games. We are in 3rd place but fuck me its all been a fucking grind vs lower teams

It’s going to be a broken record this season. We are going to grind out 1 nil results against bad teams and then lose to the good teams and somehow finish 4th with no trophies.
We’re not finishing in the Top 4.

I’m pissed off and having a bit of a melt, but our football is fucking atrocious. Dippers will go on a run now and UTD, Chavs and even Newcastle are all playing better.

I know we cover the most distance in the PL, but we are surely in the bottom when it comes to high intensity runs?
Because marathon runners run slow over long distances. Same in our play, slow transition with plenty of sideway and back passes, fuckin predictable shit of play, never changes with any manager, is the bloody club DNA planted in every player?

Finally a good post with sensible reaction.
Obviously watching your team getting battered isn't good. But listening to the commentary talking about Spurs' record against top 6 sides was causing me to lose my shit as every top 6 side has lost their away matches, ONLY we have picked up a point away from home (vs chavs). So, I only say this because it's clearly a trend and please try to ignore the narratives.

But honestly, that performance can't be defended. We were totally outplayed.

We need a manager with a positive attacking philosophy. Mourinho, Nuno, Conte. There’s little or no difference between any of them.
Conte is just a better version of the same dull crap. He'll give us a decent finish in the table but that's not what we watch spurs for....a decent amount of 1-0 wins and get dicked by the best teams is just depressing

Let's just face it guys. We can rant and rave at Conte and every other of the countless previous managers who have come and gone over the last 2 decades.
We can hound them out every day and every night...

The fact is, we just don't have the players, or the commitment to invest in the players, to keep us consistently performing at the top level.

Even domestic cup success continues to elude us under these spivs
This is what we get when Levy didn't get Conte enough to feel like he can play to win, instead of play not to lose.

The worst part is that, should Conte actually leave, all of our problems with Kane being unsettled come roaring back immediately.

If I were Levy I'd be keeping the pot on the boil with Bayern behind the scenes. Of course, if I were Levy, I'd also have either not hired Conte, or would have backed him sufficiently in the first place.

Hugo sticking it to the doubters again. Enormous game from him. 5 or 6 nil without him.

Bissouma was the biggest disappointment for me tonight. Looked out of his depth, or maybe just had an off night. Touch and passing well below what we need.

Much as it pains me.... they were just better than us tonight. And Conte NEEDS to be able to react when it's obvious the tactics need changing. Players need to understand when an increase in intensity is required.

Back
Top Bottom