Man Utd vs Tottenham Hotspur | Wednesday 19th Oct | KO 20:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's why I don't laugh at other top teams when they struggle.

We are soft as melted butter as soon as It's big stakes.

Season is done in my view. We ain't winning nothing and top 4... unlikely.
Agree performance tonight and against Woolwich tells me all I need to know about this team. We will get top 4 and consistently beat the shit teams, but when it matters these players will sink and bottle it as usual.

Don’t know why I expected anymore, we didn’t do enough in the summer, our best 11 from last season is still our best 11 from this season. Nothing has changed but the teams around us have got stronger.

Welp... I guess this is as good a thread as any to reintroduce myself....

I can't take any more conteball. I just want to enjoy a game of football. Even wins aren't that fun when you're doing fuck all the entire first half.

Another cowardball setup from Conte, stupid prick better not make subtle threats about quitting in the post match interview like he normally does.

Well we should call his bluff and make him quit because we’re winning fuck all with this Jose lookalike

That was our worst performance under Conte.

Were it not for Lloris (who was utterly brilliant) that could easily have been 6 or 7.

What was the game plan? Just play like Stoke and hope to get a set piece?!!! We were battered.

Look, no top 6 side has won away from home this season and we are the ONLY one that have come away with a point (Utd have played all their 3 at home, all of ours have been away). So it is a long season and I'm sure we will get results when it's our turn to play at home but fuck me lads turn up and at least compete.
Finally a good post with sensible reaction.

I love Romero, but fuck me he needs a big kick up the arse. I'm fed up with him strolling around at the back when he receives the ball, and allowing the opposition to close him down and be forced to play a shit pass to someone. It's all too slow with him.

Ten hag had the perfect tactics but it was no surprise at all the way they played. Don't understand Conte at all. Elite coach and his signings have been good, but why is he coaching his team to have 7-8 players behind the ball and counter at a snails pace. Even at 2 down 7-8 players behind the ball. Son and kane can't keep dragging them through dogshit tactics like this.

First 15 movement, some decent interplay.

Then it was like watching a slow motion team against one at normal speed. Seriously at a loss how we emptied soo much space, yet didn’t really attack.

It’s going to be a broken record this season. We are going to grind out 1 nil results against bad teams and then lose to the good teams and somehow finish 4th with no trophies.

Sadly, if the club makes signings above the managers head, this is often the result
It’s odd. Getting in Jose & then conte who need you to spend a lot on the right players but then refusing too. Scraping top 4 is clearly best conte can do with these players. But then again that seems to suit levy & enic. CL income & who cares about trophies or trying to get higher.

Let's just face it guys. We can rant and rave at Conte and every other of the countless previous managers who have come and gone over the last 2 decades.
We can hound them out every day and every night...

The fact is, we just don't have the players, or the commitment to invest in the players, to keep us consistently performing at the top level.

Even domestic cup success continues to elude us under these spivs

Passive as fucking cones in the defense, and zero press resistance with the ball...I know we cover the most distance in the PL, but we are surely in the bottom when it comes to high intensity runs?
I think we are top of running but because we have to constantly chase back simple misplaced passes

Back
Top Bottom