Man Utd vs Tottenham Hotspur | Wednesday 19th Oct | KO 20:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It wasn’t the fact that we lost Bill
I can take that
It was the way we lost
Right from the off we weren’t at it and it seemed that losing just 2-0 is acceptable

It fucking isn’t!!
The way we lost was to a manager / team that was bloody well organised /drilled with top draw players that knew which areas to effectively work in for what ever system we played. And your right we we're bloody lucky to get out with a 2 goal loss.. I'm thinking that was the best display I've seen Hugo put on. NOT a good night . Its football, no worries, nice and easy one up next.. it's no consolation but with utd and them putting a top team together was always gonna be when, rather than if , looks like that 'whens' arrived. There's just 2 much money involved at utd for them, ultimately to be allowed to fail.

The way we lost was to a manager / team that was bloody well organised /drilled with top draw players that knew which areas to effectively work in for what ever system we played. And your right we we're bloody lucky to get out with a 2 goal loss.. I'm thinking that was the best display I've seen Hugo put on. NOT a good night . Its football, no worries, nice and easy one up next.. it's no consolation but with utd and them putting a top team together was always gonna be when, rather than if , looks like that 'whens' arrived. There's just 2 much money involved at utd for them, ultimately to be allowed to fail.
Pretty nice being able to sign Casemiro and Antony in a pinch, amirite?

Not sure what's worse, our cowardness in these games or the bumper to bumper traffic on the M6 at 2am. This country is broken.

Got back at 5am.

Hate away days when they are like this. Why can't we just have a go, I can stomach a loss if we did that.

Totally outplayed and could have been much worse if Hugo hadn't made some great saves.

If you don't have players who believe you have no chance but that also comes from your manager.

We all know Conte is a tough so and so but his message on mentality isn't getting through.

The club for so long has had this inherent weakness especially when we are on our travels to the bigger/biggest clubs.

It's awful in truth and as I said in an earlier post it's the near inevitability of losing that arguably makes it worse, because it's as though we might not even bother and just move on to the next game.

Massive indictment.

Last edited:
Not sure what's worse, our cowardness in these games or the bumper to bumper traffic on the M6 at 2am. This country is broken.

Got back at 5am.

Hate away days when they are like this. Why can't we just have a go, I can stomach a loss if we did that.

Totally outplayed and could have been much worse if Hugo hadn't made some great saves.

Good on you mate but what a way to repay your loyalty.

For the first time ever, I don't think I want us to win!!!
:sonpoint:
That'll teach me, shouldn't even joke about it!
Got home just after 5am, horrendous traffic on M6, but wouldn't have minded a bit if we had put up even a half decent performance.
Everyone seemed to have lead in their boots, I'm not going to single out individuals, they were all pretty ropey., apart from Hugo.
I'm not going to even try to analyse the game, I'd rather put pins in my eyes than relive the game. The only comment I will make is I just don't understand Antonio's substitutions when we're chasing a game, what's the point of making 4 with 5 minutes to go?
I hate to say it but I feel that many of the players destined for the WC are looking decidedly lethargic.
I can't even blame the officials tonight, thought they had a solid game.
Gone past the point of being tired, so watching "That's 80s" music channel until I feel my eyelids droop.
Hopefully they will buck up their ideas for Sunday's game.

Last edited:
That'll teach me, shouldn't even joke about it!
Got home just after 5am, horrendous traffic on M6, but wouldn't have minded a bit if we had put up even a half decent performance.
Everyone seemed to have lead in their boots, I'm not going to single out individuals, they were all pretty ropey.
I'm not going to even try to analyse the game, I'd rather put pins in my eyes than relive the game. The only comment I will make is I just don't understand Antonio's substitutions when we're chasing a game, what's the point of making 4 with 5 minutes to go?
I hate to say it but I feel that many of the players destined for the WC are looking decidedly lethargic.
I can't even blame the officials tonight, thought they had a solid game.
Gone past the point of being tired, so watching "That's 80s" music channel until I feel my eyelids droop.
Hopefully they will buck up their ideas for Sunday's game.
It’s you guys I feel sorry for. Good on you for going to support the team but you deserve so much better.
You are owed an apology and explanation.

Cowards performance.

And I suspect that's Ronaldo done with at United now. Such disrespect.

Ten Hag completely showing who is boss and I think he can see that his side can more than cope without the self-serving attitude that Ronaldo displays.

Not that we were any kind of test of course.

United are more likely to get top 4 than us in my opinion.

What is wrong with Kane's touch? It's so awful. For a good couple of years he gets the ball to feet and turns; this is very known and telegraphed now, he's closed down immediately. It seems to be our only tactic.

I love Conte but his game management for us is up there with Poch for ineptitude and these players really look like they either don't care or are playing within themselves so they don't miss the World Cup. Which is a disgrace.

I just hate losing to that lot. Almost as much as Woolwich. We really need to start putting up a fight of some sort against these teams. Complete lack of heart as though we’d given up before the first whistle. Felt like a damage limitation farce from very early on. The Woolwich game, I thought we were well in it until Hugo brain farted and Royal decided to trump his captains comical “save”.
Today, we weren’t ever at the races and had Hugo to thank for keeping the scoreline looking respectable.
This fucking Spurs team will be the death of me.

The players, apart from Hugo, were mostly playing shit football, being on the backfoot, missing simple passes, having horrendous first touch, etc. But in fairness they aren't helped one bit by how we are set up.

It is obvious that we are meant to drop super deep and sit tight in our box when the opponents have the ball in matches like this. Then, when we get the ball, we move into positions where the players are too isolated. Less so in this 3-5-2 than we were in the 3-4-3 perhaps, but still too isolated to have the amount of options needed to confidently play in a press-resistant manner.

I so wish we'd signed Potter instead of Conte, who could've had us play good football, instead of the non-functioning, result-oriented, bus-parking anti-football that we are playing in the bigger games now.

And I suspect that's Ronaldo done with at United now. Such disrespect.

Ten Hag completely showing who is boss and I think he can see that his side can more than cope without the self-serving attitude that Ronaldo displays.

Not that we were any kind of test of course.

United are more likely to get top 4 than us in my opinion.
They will spend big in Jan as will Liverpool, Chelsea etc

They will spend big in Jan as will Liverpool, Chelsea etc

Not so sure because the best or better players will be at CL clubs but certainly in the summer.

I think we bought well in the transfer window. No complaints from me but the biggest issue and what you can't buy is mentality..

Lots of teams can play decent football but that's not the concern. The key is coping and delivering when it matters..

We are 3rd because we have certain qualities. A good position to be in but nobody on the forum will believe we will finish 1st or 2nd and that includes the players. Therein lies our biggest issue.

Back
Top Bottom