Man Utd vs Tottenham Hotspur | Wednesday 19th Oct | KO 20:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's time Kane's starting wasn't nailed on. He's simply not the player he was. Of course I'll get a bucket load of xs for this post but it's the truth. Sonny also not the Sonny he was.
Same old crap in dier and davies...boring uninspired mf, especially peh...Perisic great but in his 30s now. This is yesterday's team.
There's no trophy in sight as far as I can see.
And from being so happy with Conte's appointment to being sadly disillusioned.
I'll always be a Tottenham guy but I have zero expectations. These are sad days for those of us who were here during the glory days....."sigh"
Rewatch old matches like I do (https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/harry-kane.6451/post-3585216) and you'll see that you're wrong about Kane. I'd suggest the Leicester 6-1 for starters.

Disturbing on how inept we were at distributing out of the back. Loopy inaccurate passing that was just coming right back.

First 10 minutes was strong attacking football, but we quickly went into a shell and we’re pummeled. Even if your defense is stellar, there’s always the chance of a crazy deflection goal, hand ball or something quirky when the opposition is having shooting practice.

TBF, I understand Eddie Howe's substitution patterns/tactics and the style he wants his teams to play.
Don’t get me wrong, they have been playing well and Eddie Howe has them playing good football but the claim they’re a top club and using a “top 7 haven’t won away, etc” winds me up a little.

Whilst that stat is true, for me, it’s more about why we can’t put out good performances against teams who we deem true competition for honours.

I’ve seen arguments about how the loss isn’t too bad because some stats say so.

We got 0 points from that. That’s the most important stat in my opinion.

Last 10 we started to.play yesterday but the game was lost by then. Midfield is shit. No goalscoring threat that area. Tielemens for free, neves from wolves and maddison from leicester. I'd buy the lot. Not sure bentacur is a top 4 player. He was really bad in a 15 minute spell 1st half yesterday.

Last 10 we started to.play yesterday but the game was lost by then. Midfield is shit. No goalscoring threat that area. Tielemens for free, neves from wolves and maddison from leicester. I'd buy the lot. Not sure bentacur is a top 4 player. He was really bad in a 15 minute spell 1st half yesterday.

And yet he started ok but seemed to run out to f gas
He had no support though

Each time a club gets bought with oil money, they immediately become “top”.

I mean, we all have our own ways of coping with a defeat but fuck this narrative and fuck the barcodes being included as a top club.
So is the table lying? It is showing the top 7 teams in the league table.

It’s not like they called them the super 7 (though soulless 7 might be more accurate).

Airbag, I guess I’m just annoyed, mystified, incredulous how you and others can be so happy with the way we are playing football at the moment. And not just the United game. The difference with the way we ended last season and this is baffling, and to keep parping on about what a great start to the season we have had is simply denial of the truth. Take a look at all of the teams we have beaten and you will see all but Brighton in the bottom half. We were lucky to get draws against Wet Spam and Chelscum. The one team we really beat well are rock bottom. Woolwich and United were both miles better.

I thank you not to make shit up about my opinions......

- I've criticised numerous performances this season.
- I am concerned that we aren't playing to the level that we were last season.

...That doesn't mean I should ignore the fact that we are accumulating a good points tally regardless and declare armageddon every time we do drop points.

Last edited:
I thank you not to make shit up about my opinions......

- I've criticised numerous performances this season.
- I am concern that we aren't playing to the level that we were last season.

...That doesn't mean I should ignore the fact that we are accumulating a good points tally regardless and declare armageddon every time we drop points.
Sorry I must have grouped you in with the cunts who slagged off my opinions last week. My mistake

Hojberg - 3 goals & 3 assists already this season.
Bentancur - The arrival of him & Kulu last season were integral to us getting top 4; yet now he's not a top 4 player?
Bissoums - Early days, but track record of being excellent in the EPL

Yet you want to raid the MF of the team that are currently bottom and lost to us 6-2 a few weeks ago?

Had a few conversations about this, you can say 'we never do well at Old Trafford' but that is missing the point, you can't blame history or circumstance if the team don't go out to win the game. We are playing a game where we were not going to ask many questions of United, there is every reason to believe this was what Antonio wants, after all, if he wasn't happy why did he wait till the 80th minute to make a sub?

We have a perpetual problem this season, we're not playing well but mainly getting results, the first half was a success because we came in at 0-0 while getting pounded by their frontline, barring one slightly clumsy save by Hugo he did exceptionally well (even the goals weren't on him). That half time was the chance to turn the game around, that idea died within a minute of the second half.

My main frustration was with how passive we were in the game, we didn't create enough attacking opportunities, we never created any tangible goal threat and allowed them to attack us quite deep, eventually one of their chances deflected in, that was the consequence of not winning the ball in the midfield enough, even though we had 3 centre mids our shape was never giving us control of the game nor did we stretch United defensively.

Maybe we missed Kulu, maybe we didn't have the subs last night to affect the game, but you can't complain when you lose and haven't created the opportunities to win. Well, we can, but Conte can't!

Back
Top Bottom