Man Utd vs Tottenham Hotspur | Wednesday 19th Oct | KO 20:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which one was your favourite

Hoss or Little Joe?
Hoss - who couldn't love him?

His trying to score pints we the board. Making out we don’t have the players to compete with top 6 teams. Instead of actually getting our so called quality players to actually football. Press a little instead of dropping back to our pen box. I said a few weeks ago if we played with at least 10% more energy performances might improve. But we are slow and ponderous hence the lack of actual pressing or tackling.
i think he is too. but thats not the hallmark of a supposed elite manager. hes meant to get close to optimum with what hes got available. we have some decent players on the bench who have been robbed of minutes.

sticking with his system when hes not got the players at the back with the technique to get out properly is just plain dumb. dier and davies buckle when they get it stuck on them on high pressure games with intensity. just not at the level required but he sticks with them and it costs us.

We deserved that. Where is the side going exactly? Beaten teams you'd expect us to beat woeful at Chelsea, West Ham, Sporting, Woolwich and Man U. Decent points haul overall but we'll win cock all playing like this.
OM at home as well, EF away, wolves at home, and a few others. Results have masked the complete ineptitude of our performances.

i think he is too. but thats not the hallmark of a supposed elite manager. hes meant to get close to optimum with what hes got available. we have some decent players on the bench who have been robbed of minutes.

sticking with his system when hes not got the players at the back with the technique to get out properly is just plain dumb. dier and davies buckle when they get it stuck on them on high pressure games with intensity. just not at the level required but he sticks with them and it costs us.
He hardly inspires and confidence in the players which is another problem. I know some don’t like klopp but at least he play his youngsters and isn’t afraid to bench players or sub them. Just image how he would treat spence. Instead saying his not ready or he was a club signing he would big him up and make him feel wanted and that he is good. Instead he knocks the stiffing out of them concentrating on negatives or that they can’t do this or that. It’s just like Jose’s throwing them under the bus but in a more sly way. Same as his BS about not being able to compete. The ducking bar codes held them to 0-0.

I can only assume that Lucas cannot play more than 10 minutes, why else wait this long to make a change? We haven’t caused them any problems.
Again as I said before it’s just his way off saying there is not a lot I can do to the board. How the hell is Lucas gonna get any fitness if he doesn’t get any minutes?
He also doesn’t change anything rude like go to 433 or something. What’s wrong with dropping dier and playing Romero and lengket as CBs?
Try something. Why bring on sess to replace Doh and play him rwb and leave perri on. Then with 3 mins to go brings on spence for perri and switched sess to LWB. Why not bring on spence in the first place to play rwb and sess LWB?

We seem to shit ourselves against any team in the "top 6" we don't have the right mentality.

All United have done is played with confidence, it's all a mentality thing with this team.
Managers job to instill that along with passion, confidence, energy and a sense of attacking adventure. However we all know he just wants us to defend unless we have to attack which is a last resort. I reckon even at 1-0 he thinks the plan is working.

A 22 year old championship fullback isn’t the saviour. Why everyone thinks he is is baffling.
He isn’t but at least give him a run out when what have out there is doing dog shite? Ffs he can’t do worse. Why do people think he can’t do better than royal or Doh just bcos his from the championship I have no idea. His certainly better than royal and don’t get me started about royal knowing the conte drills and how to play. We play shite football generally and royal is an arch component of that!

New contract 20m/year for this 😂😂😂😂😂
£15M is too much to just coach this shite football. It’s not that difficult, how about coaching proper patterns of play? Some invention somewhere with formations and tactics. We just plod on playing the sane way whether it’s 0-0, winning 1-0 or losing 0-1/2/3 etc. in fact in some games this season we actually show no ambition to score a 2nd goal eg spam and Brighton away.

Good on you mate but what a way to repay your loyalty.
I'll be honest just like many who go away, we've been doing it for years.

But given the cost of living crisis I'm genuinely thinking about whether it's worth going to aways given the abject performances they put in. Might call me a jinx but I don't see it that way as obviously I don't have a direct influence on the game, but I've been to Lisbon, Frankfurt and United this season. Scored 0 goals and barely managed a couple of shots on target in 3 games.

I'll lend my support to the club through thick and thin but there comes a point when you have to consider if that support is being adequately repaid. Like I said in my original post, I'm not expecting them to win every game, but at least show some fight, passion, novel ideas to play football. Surely some professional pride comes to the fore.

There are more complex reasons like tactics, player load management, injuries, player quality that influence the result but you can't tell me that a performance is acceptable.

We had no idea how to transition the ball to the forward players, kept trying to pass it around at the back and we literally got swallowed up by their press. We had Son isolated with Varane and Kane against Martinez. Why did we kick the ball at head height to Son and not Kane? Never once did we hit it over the top for Son to race Varane.

Conte looked totally bereft of ideas. The game was crying out for Skipp to come into midfield earlier to provide control. The rich and passing of the midfield 3 was terrible, it needed changing earlier but we just let game meander away. Like most tough away games we've have this season in the PL and CL. Apart from Chelsea where we were lucky to get something all other tough away games we've been well beaten including Wham.

I just want to be entertained Tottenham! There's so much to like about this club, but like we all know they'll test your resolve unlike any other team.

Back
Top Bottom