Justin Edinburgh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

An absolute part of an era that shaped me as Spurs....saw you countless times at The Lane, served the club for so long at a time many called the dark ages.

But I dont care how many superstars have come and gone since......none of them can say they got to lift two trophies for Spurs, and they was at the real Wembley.

So glad he saw us in Madrid

RIP Justin, a good man down.

Yiddooo Yiddoooo Yidoooooo

I took the piss recently saying he was our most decorated player of last 30 years, but he was that’s a fact, and shows the loyalty as the silverware doesn’t come round often!

All the blokes of a certain age know he was an absolute mainstay at left back for our childhood and teen years

Such a promising management career ahead too, what a loss, RIP Yiddo

Hit me hard.. Worked on a soccer school with him when I was 15, had a great night him taking me out and convincing a hottie I was a 25 Yr old teacher ... Was a top man

This has hit me hard.

He was a big big part of my THFC history, 17 when we won the Cup in 91. Essex boy like myself, gave everything. One of the best days of my life being at Wembley that day.

Then getting the Orient promoted, was only at Wembley a couple of weeks ago with my dad, missus and kids cheering the O,s on.

Thank you

RIP Justin

Needed to let the shock settle a bit before adding my thoughts. But still can't really find the right words.
He was a mainstay of the team for a whold deacade. Not too many players in recent history can claim that. A great football career behind him and a great one in front of him. The fact he's my age group and generation really bites hard.
My sympathy goes out to his family, friends and everyone associated with the Orient.
R.I.P Justin

Puts into perspective silly little spats and name calling on here, they are irrelevant life’s too short for that nonsense.
Talking of which... maybe it's also time to ditch the horrendous 'Sol Campbell Party' song...
....'cos as and when HE eventually dies, it would take some doing for ANYONE to get the jelly and ice-cream out and actually have a party.... I can't believe anyone would GENUINELY celebrate that!

The reason I bring this up (rightly or wrongly) on this particular thread, is that for a time, Sol and Justin were teammates... Justin died horrendously young... but it could also happen to Campbell one day... they're only a few years apart in age...
and yet some fans have been party planning for that very moment for years... frankly, it's sickening.

Don't get me wrong, I hate what Campbell did to us... but as for "having a party" when he dies...
I guess nobody who has ever sung it actually thinks they have to worry about it coming back to bite them for decades.... and yet it could happen tomorrow... and then what?

Justin was as close to a one club man as you're gonna get in the modern game... and Sol SHOULD have been that for us too... but he made his choice, and that's HIS lookout....
I may hate what he did, and question his ethics/loyalty as a man...
but I simply can't BEAR hearing that song sung at our club.

It make Spurs fans sound full of such pure evil, jealousy and hate when it's sung.

So in Justin's honour, and in the name of decency, I'd quite like never to hear the Sol Campbell song at Spurs again!

There, that's my two penn'eth!

Anybody know who it is that "guards" NWHL on non-match days... Are they employees of the club or a private company...?
I ask because of the stunningly classy episode I had up there Sunday lunchtime.
I (now foolishly it would appear) took a small bunch of flowers up there with a message to say "Cheers Justin" and I saw one solitary scarf tied to a railing on a Paxton staircase entrance and after having a walk along the High Road round to Park Lane decided that
I'd prop them up near the scarf under the cockerel on the wall.
As there was a security dude there I thought I'd ask first (though the scarf didn't seem to bother him).
I was somewhat astonished that he was utterly bemused as to why I would want to be putting a bunch of flowers there so I explained why.
He still was bemused but let me do it but as soon as I walked away started calling the next one along by the next staircase.
I therefore walked back a minute or so after to check if they would still be there and was shouted after by the second bloke as to whether it was me that left them there and that I had to take them away.
After fetching them back I asked the original one was this Health & Safety or something and just got a load of sorry my supervisor says you can't do that etc...
Couldn't get a proper conversation from either.
I went around and left them propped up against a fence in front of the first Park Lane staircase instead (for how long I don't know.)
Charming.
Still as long as the tourists coming out of the gift shop can take their selfies by the cockerel, right?
Should've gone to Orient I suppose.
Really, really poor. Stinks in fact.

Back
Top Bottom