Justin Edinburgh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was there for my first ten years supporting Spurs and won two trophies with us so it's one that hits quite hard. I can't get my head around how a man that age who looked in good shape can go just like that. Seeing him in Madrid in the fanzone as well makes it even harder to understand.

Cant Believe it ........ A proper terrier of a left back , Great memories of the 91 FA Cup Final and 99 League Cup Final......... Thank you Justin

RIP

After the Champions League Final, I got on a coach to take myself & my pals back to Madrid Airport. Justin was sat on that same coach next to Graham Roberts & Tony Galvin was sat behind them. I said hello to all of them & shook their hands. I'm still shocked that Justin's no longer with us. Thoughts & prayers go out to his loved ones, sleep tight Justin, RIP

Big lump in the throat watching that. Nearly went.
I did.
I was going to go up to Leyton today to leave some flowers and a scarf but once I knew that they were going to designate an area at the stadium I went there instead. Only a couple of bunches there together with a shirt, but the weather was so awful and assume most people at work today. Hope that a few more people get there before the week's out.
I shall send a quote for the condolence book via email.
Still find it hard to take in, too many of our players have suffered recently from health issues and we all feel it.

Anybody know who it is that "guards" NWHL on non-match days... Are they employees of the club or a private company...?
I ask because of the stunningly classy episode I had up there Sunday lunchtime.
I (now foolishly it would appear) took a small bunch of flowers up there with a message to say "Cheers Justin" and I saw one solitary scarf tied to a railing on a Paxton staircase entrance and after having a walk along the High Road round to Park Lane decided that
I'd prop them up near the scarf under the cockerel on the wall.
As there was a security dude there I thought I'd ask first (though the scarf didn't seem to bother him).
I was somewhat astonished that he was utterly bemused as to why I would want to be putting a bunch of flowers there so I explained why.
He still was bemused but let me do it but as soon as I walked away started calling the next one along by the next staircase.
I therefore walked back a minute or so after to check if they would still be there and was shouted after by the second bloke as to whether it was me that left them there and that I had to take them away.
After fetching them back I asked the original one was this Health & Safety or something and just got a load of sorry my supervisor says you can't do that etc...
Couldn't get a proper conversation from either.
I went around and left them propped up against a fence in front of the first Park Lane staircase instead (for how long I don't know.)
Charming.
Still as long as the tourists coming out of the gift shop can take their selfies by the cockerel, right?
Should've gone to Orient I suppose.
Really, really poor. Stinks in fact.
so

Anybody know who it is that "guards" NWHL on non-match days... Are they employees of the club or a private company...?
I ask because of the stunningly classy episode I had up there Sunday lunchtime.
I (now foolishly it would appear) took a small bunch of flowers up there with a message to say "Cheers Justin" and I saw one solitary scarf tied to a railing on a Paxton staircase entrance and after having a walk along the High Road round to Park Lane decided that
I'd prop them up near the scarf under the cockerel on the wall.
As there was a security dude there I thought I'd ask first (though the scarf didn't seem to bother him).
I was somewhat astonished that he was utterly bemused as to why I would want to be putting a bunch of flowers there so I explained why.
He still was bemused but let me do it but as soon as I walked away started calling the next one along by the next staircase.
I therefore walked back a minute or so after to check if they would still be there and was shouted after by the second bloke as to whether it was me that left them there and that I had to take them away.
After fetching them back I asked the original one was this Health & Safety or something and just got a load of sorry my supervisor says you can't do that etc...
Couldn't get a proper conversation from either.
I went around and left them propped up against a fence in front of the first Park Lane staircase instead (for how long I don't know.)
Charming.
Still as long as the tourists coming out of the gift shop can take their selfies by the cockerel, right?
Should've gone to Orient I suppose.
Really, really poor. Stinks in fact.
so sorry to hear of your bad experience,at the ground and I am glad they have responded. There should always be a place for our former heroes, they are the foundations our great club are built on. Good on you a lovely gesture

so sorry to hear of your bad experience,at the ground and I am glad they have responded. There should always be a place for our former heroes, they are the foundations our great club are built on. Good on you a lovely gesture

Cheers.
Thanks to Kat from THST who was onto this at about 7 this morning and I had a response from the club by just after 9 details of which you've long seen by now.
Shame they couldn't have done this yesterday when the weather was mostly warm and sunny and people could get there easier.
Just seen Newport tweeting open for tributes yesterday...
Lesson learnt by the club and got an apology but let's all hope we won't be needing this again for a long time.

Puts into perspective silly little spats and name calling on here, they are irrelevant life’s too short for that nonsense.
Talking of which... maybe it's also time to ditch the horrendous 'Sol Campbell Party' song...
....'cos as and when HE eventually dies, it would take some doing for ANYONE to get the jelly and ice-cream out and actually have a party.... I can't believe anyone would GENUINELY celebrate that!

The reason I bring this up (rightly or wrongly) on this particular thread, is that for a time, Sol and Justin were teammates... Justin died horrendously young... but it could also happen to Campbell one day... they're only a few years apart in age...
and yet some fans have been party planning for that very moment for years... frankly, it's sickening.

Don't get me wrong, I hate what Campbell did to us... but as for "having a party" when he dies...
I guess nobody who has ever sung it actually thinks they have to worry about it coming back to bite them for decades.... and yet it could happen tomorrow... and then what?

Justin was as close to a one club man as you're gonna get in the modern game... and Sol SHOULD have been that for us too... but he made his choice, and that's HIS lookout....
I may hate what he did, and question his ethics/loyalty as a man...
but I simply can't BEAR hearing that song sung at our club.

It make Spurs fans sound full of such pure evil, jealousy and hate when it's sung.

So in Justin's honour, and in the name of decency, I'd quite like never to hear the Sol Campbell song at Spurs again!

There, that's my two penn'eth!

Talking of which... maybe it's also time to ditch the horrendous 'Sol Campbell Party' song...
....'cos as and when HE eventually dies, it would take some doing for ANYONE to get the jelly and ice-cream out and actually have a party.... I can't believe anyone would GENUINELY celebrate that!

The reason I bring this up (rightly or wrongly) on this particular thread, is that for a time, Sol and Justin were teammates... Justin died horrendously young... but it could also happen to Campbell one day... they're only a few years apart in age...
and yet some fans have been party planning for that very moment for years... frankly, it's sickening.

Don't get me wrong, I hate what Campbell did to us... but as for "having a party" when he dies...
I guess nobody who has ever sung it actually thinks they have to worry about it coming back to bite them for decades.... and yet it could happen tomorrow... and then what?

Justin was as close to a one club man as you're gonna get in the modern game... and Sol SHOULD have been that for us too... but he made his choice, and that's HIS lookout....
I may hate what he did, and question his ethics/loyalty as a man...
but I simply can't BEAR hearing that song sung at our club.

It make Spurs fans sound full of such pure evil, jealousy and hate when it's sung.

So in Justin's honour, and in the name of decency, I'd quite like never to hear the Sol Campbell song at Spurs again!

There, that's my two penn'eth!
100% behind you on this. I absolutely hate what that man did and I'm not saying that we should forgive him. But singing it keeps him in the foreground of our minds whereas I'd rather he wasn't.

100% behind you on this. I absolutely hate what that man did and I'm not saying that we should forgive him. But singing it keeps him in the foreground of our minds whereas I'd rather he wasn't.
To be fair... I realise it's a pretty 'loaded' post...
There can't be anyone on here who replies: "No no, I'm still having a party as and when... I've got the venue & caterers booked... just waiting for the day itself to send the invites out!"

NINTCHDBPICT000128300164.jpg

Back
Top Bottom