Justin Edinburgh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really sad news. Just hard to take in. He looks so healthy. His team just got promotion. Case of here today gone tomorrow. When i lost my Mam i started to ask the question, Will we be reunited. It is said we will. This life is the beginning. Well i hope so. Because this and many other people losing their lives early proves that we should go onto something else that is better. Justin Edinburgh- You are a Tottenham Legend.

Glad they won today... for Justin, his Family, and all 'O's fans.
I think historically, many Spurs fans already have a soft spot for Leyton Orient... today just confirmed that!

Been back for a while from the game.

The minutes silence and the parade with flags was very touching, hairy arsed geezer here had to fight the tears.

Fantastic that the O,s got the result for Justin.

Have to say a massive respect to Cheltenham for the flag they contributed and the money they raised for the foundation, thank you Cheltenham supporters.

He came in a year after I left Leyton Orient. I'm so glad he has got the club back into the football league after the shambles the Italian owners left them in.

Get well soon. He deserves to lead them next season in league 2.

Odd how one minute you're fine the next you're not. As others have said he was in Madrid and having a great time with the fans. This isn't my film but thought there was bound to be one kicking around the web.

Get well soon.

RIP Justin. I'm really saddened by this news. Every time I looked at Roy Keane over his career, I always had a chuckle about how Justin wound him up to distraction during the 1991 FA Cup Final.

Last edited:
In a cynical (news) world these days, it's one of those rare, rare headlines that makes you sit right up and go: No, no, no. Legend passes at just 49. Cannot be.

Too young by any standard. RIP

Anybody know who it is that "guards" NWHL on non-match days... Are they employees of the club or a private company...?
I ask because of the stunningly classy episode I had up there Sunday lunchtime.
I (now foolishly it would appear) took a small bunch of flowers up there with a message to say "Cheers Justin" and I saw one solitary scarf tied to a railing on a Paxton staircase entrance and after having a walk along the High Road round to Park Lane decided that
I'd prop them up near the scarf under the cockerel on the wall.
As there was a security dude there I thought I'd ask first (though the scarf didn't seem to bother him).
I was somewhat astonished that he was utterly bemused as to why I would want to be putting a bunch of flowers there so I explained why.
He still was bemused but let me do it but as soon as I walked away started calling the next one along by the next staircase.
I therefore walked back a minute or so after to check if they would still be there and was shouted after by the second bloke as to whether it was me that left them there and that I had to take them away.
After fetching them back I asked the original one was this Health & Safety or something and just got a load of sorry my supervisor says you can't do that etc...
Couldn't get a proper conversation from either.
I went around and left them propped up against a fence in front of the first Park Lane staircase instead (for how long I don't know.)
Charming.
Still as long as the tourists coming out of the gift shop can take their selfies by the cockerel, right?
Should've gone to Orient I suppose.
Really, really poor. Stinks in fact.

I'd get in touch with the club and make them aware of this mate. I understand that it's a multi million pound building and they need to play it safe but it's a bunch of flowers for someone who helped get the club to where it is today.

Get in touch with the club and see leave the ball in their court as to how we and they go about honouring members of the Spurs family who have left us, there needs to be more we do or a place where we can pay such respects.

You sir are 100% the yin to my yang.

Hate him. Always will. Won’t have a party as such......... But I have no room in my life or heart for traitors.

Sometimes I do wonder what it would be like to be able to forgive and forget.

But not on this occasion.
You can easily never forgive his treachery without singing about celebrating his death though. The two things don't have to go hand in hand
Precisely this ^^^^

Don't get me wrong BernardMatthews BernardMatthews ...I too hate him with every ounce of my being... but I refuse to join in a song which plans what we're all eating at his party when he dies.... nope, sorry, can't do it.

I've made a point of not being a part of that song whenever it's sung...
I've deliberately started other chants in both the ground and the Brickies whenever it rears its ugly head...
Surely, as HUMAN beings, we're above that?

....and I remember when people accused Spurs fans of racism 'cos of the OTHER horrific 'tree/HIV' song.... and I said I wish Sol had been white... just to prove we'd still hate him just as much!
But it didn't excuse some fans with coming up with two quite disgusting songs about him!

I thought the banner someone held up amongst all the 'JUDAS' ones in the very first NLD after he moved summed it up best:
"WE HATE YOU, BECAUSE WE LOVED YOU!"

Last edited:
He was a better player than he was ever credited for. Hard as nails and although he was a gooner growing up, I heard that someone close to him got beaten up by gooners and no longer supports them.
As they're not making any detailed reports and it was sudden, sounds pretty serious. Hope he recovers quickly, always had a lot of time for Justin.

Pat Van Den Hauwe, Gary Mabbutt, Steve Sedgley and Justin Edinburgh that defence won the FA Cup, remember it well.

Justin Edinburgh being the ‘young’ left back.

Back
Top Bottom