Justin Edinburgh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Needed to let the shock settle a bit before adding my thoughts. But still can't really find the right words.
He was a mainstay of the team for a whold deacade. Not too many players in recent history can claim that. A great football career behind him and a great one in front of him. The fact he's my age group and generation really bites hard.
My sympathy goes out to his family, friends and everyone associated with the Orient.
R.I.P Justin

Just took my Corinthian figure of him off the shelf circa 95 (remember those!) Good Spurs Man. Don't remember him having a monobroe in real life though! Someone better with stats than me can correct me but he may well be the last spurs player to win 2 trophies for the club. RIP

Needed to let the shock settle a bit before adding my thoughts. But still can't really find the right words.
He was a mainstay of the team for a whold deacade. Not too many players in recent history can claim that. A great football career behind him and a great one in front of him. The fact he's my age group and generation really bites hard.
My sympathy goes out to his family, friends and everyone associated with the Orient.
R.I.P Justin
Same here John, my dad died at the same age from the same thing, it's devastating, yesterday brought back horrible childhood memories. I can only imagine the agony his family are experiencing

One of my earliest Spurs memories is of Justin screaming "Yes!" into the tv camera after receiving his winners medal for the '91 FA Cup final.

Whenever I think of Spurs winning something, its always the first image that pops into my head.

I am really saddened by his passing and my thoughts are with his family and friends at this most terrible of times.

RIP Justin

Really sad news. Just hard to take in. He looks so healthy. His team just got promotion. Case of here today gone tomorrow. When i lost my Mam i started to ask the question, Will we be reunited. It is said we will. This life is the beginning. Well i hope so. Because this and many other people losing their lives early proves that we should go onto something else that is better. Justin Edinburgh- You are a Tottenham Legend.

Anybody know who it is that "guards" NWHL on non-match days... Are they employees of the club or a private company...?
I ask because of the stunningly classy episode I had up there Sunday lunchtime.
I (now foolishly it would appear) took a small bunch of flowers up there with a message to say "Cheers Justin" and I saw one solitary scarf tied to a railing on a Paxton staircase entrance and after having a walk along the High Road round to Park Lane decided that
I'd prop them up near the scarf under the cockerel on the wall.
As there was a security dude there I thought I'd ask first (though the scarf didn't seem to bother him).
I was somewhat astonished that he was utterly bemused as to why I would want to be putting a bunch of flowers there so I explained why.
He still was bemused but let me do it but as soon as I walked away started calling the next one along by the next staircase.
I therefore walked back a minute or so after to check if they would still be there and was shouted after by the second bloke as to whether it was me that left them there and that I had to take them away.
After fetching them back I asked the original one was this Health & Safety or something and just got a load of sorry my supervisor says you can't do that etc...
Couldn't get a proper conversation from either.
I went around and left them propped up against a fence in front of the first Park Lane staircase instead (for how long I don't know.)
Charming.
Still as long as the tourists coming out of the gift shop can take their selfies by the cockerel, right?
Should've gone to Orient I suppose.
Really, really poor. Stinks in fact.

Anybody know who it is that "guards" NWHL on non-match days... Are they employees of the club or a private company...?
I (now foolishly it would appear) took a small bunch of flowers up there with a message to say "Cheers Justin" and I saw one solitary scarf tied to a railing on a Paxton staircase entrance and after having a walk along the High Road round to Park Lane decided that
As there was a security dude there I thought I'd ask first (though the scarf didn't seem to bother him).
I was somewhat astonished that he was utterly bemused as to why I would want to be putting a bunch of flowers there so I explained why.
He still was bemused but let me do it but as soon as I walked away started calling the next one along by the next staircase.
I therefore walked back a minute or so after to check if they would still be there and was shouted after by the second bloke as to whether it was me that left them there and that I had to take them away.
After fetching them back I asked the original one was this Health & Safety or something and just got a load of sorry my supervisor says you can't do that etc...
I went around and left them propped up against a fence in front of the first Park Lane staircase instead (for how long I don't know.)
Charming.
Still as long as the tourists coming out of the gift shop can take their selfies by the cockerel, right?
That's quite incredible really, he was one of us for 10 years and you would think that they would have allowed to have tributes, say at Warmington House.

Charming.

I'd get in touch with the club and make them aware of this mate. I understand that it's a multi million pound building and they need to play it safe but it's a bunch of flowers for someone who helped get the club to where it is today.

Get in touch with the club and see leave the ball in their court as to how we and they go about honouring members of the Spurs family who have left us, there needs to be more we do or a place where we can pay such respects.

I'd get in touch with the club and make them aware of this mate. I understand that it's a multi million pound building and they need to play it safe but it's a bunch of flowers for someone who helped get the club to where it is today.

Get in touch with the club and see leave the ball in their court as to how we and they go about honouring members of the Spurs family who have left us, there needs to be more we do or a place where we can pay such respects.

Cheers,
Message sent to club and contacted Supporters Trust too.
I'll let you know outcome.

Sent my message to the Orient Supporters club yesterday,had a reply saying thank you and it will be printed and put into the book of remembrance.

Think my dad is going to the ground today.

Shocked by this tbh. His generation of players just a little bit older than me.

Had planned to take the summer off football altogether but wanted to pay some respect to Justin on here.

Like Ugo, he looked like a guy who looked after himself. Which makes it more shocking.

Saw videos of him enjoying himself in Madrid. He looked like he was having a great time.

A reminder to make the most of what you have and love.

Feel for his wife, kids and family. RIP Justin.

Back
Top Bottom