Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mourinho is the kind of manager who could win the CL with a team that is not the best team but is a good enough team. I reckon we have a great chance now because our players have experience of the final, belief they can get there, and this time, hopefully, tactics.
Would be shocked if that happens, but even if we get eliminated with dignity at quarters or semis let's say, I'd absolutely be thrilled. He does have some magic in him though.

Pretty good podcast on the situation. It lays out the situation perfectly.

Got a feeling this is going to be the turning point for our club, in the best possible way, Poch has laid the foundations for success and managed the club through a tough period with the stadium build on a small budget.

And now it's time we took the next step, I think we are in for big things here, I genuinely even believe we are going to win the prem with Jose at the helm, really not kidding.
We have A LOT of catching up to do in regards to City and Liverpool, but, if there's a man for that job, it's Mourinho (and most likely Allegri but let's not go there).

So a new regime and a new era for Tottenham Hotspur and its much aggrieved supporter base.

Some things stay the same though and Don Giovanni Don Giovanni is still an x spamming fucktard.

Nice to have a bit of consistency in these uncertain times.

As I said earlier today, my feelings are still all over the place, but a week or so ago I said that the whole scouting system needed tearing up and rebuilding whatever happened. If these rumours of a sporting director are true then thats a huge, huge plus

As I said earlier today, my feelings are still all over the place, but a week or so ago I said that the whole scouting system needed tearing up and rebuilding whatever happened. If these rumours of a sporting director are true then thats a huge, huge plus

Mourinho has the pull to bring in big scouts, big coaches, great fitness teams and big players.

This is what you get with a manager like him, quality all over the place at a football club.

Also, most importantly, you get a world class manager with a proven track record of winning things, I don't know how anyone can see his appointment as a negative.

I don't make up any theories. We were humiliated in ALL OF THOSE 3 GAMES.
It's a solid fact.

If you are suggesting that our players in those Brighton and Colchester games were worse then opposite team players then you are either mentally ill, clinically diagnosed imbecille or... both. The very notion that "if he did not run to pitch, he had no responsibility" gives firm proof that the 3rd option is true about you.

There were SO MANY occasions where we lost / drew with team way inferior in player quality over past 10 months. And manager is one responsible for results. He could not do his job anymore and was rightfully relieved from the position. Simple as. Sad, I know, would have been awesome to win trophies under him and perform well, unfortunately it was not meant to be. Now we have two options, either to succumb to history and delusion based on only emotional opinions, or we can go forward from here and hope that our fortunes will improve going forward.
The only one struggling for comprehension is you
I have not suggested that we were 5 goals worse than Bayern or should have lost to Brighton at all.
The players allowed it to happen IMHO, because they are a combination of spoiled (not getting what they want in contracts) desperate to move, getting on in age and slowing up and in Auriers case - barking fucking mad and not really the right standard

It IS MY BELIEF - that the club should have stuck by Poch and shifted the wantaways, the mad and and the ageing players and accepted a fallow season whilst he got the pack back on track. But Levy has decided not to give him time,.

We have just dumped a manager who would have been our Fergie/wenger, given the opportunities to shed squads and rebuild, like the other two were.

But I have been a supporter since Bill Nick, and recognise the value of keeping the faith with good managers, but Levy panicked and got rid - only to invite his next major problem through the door.

But rest assured, I don't want him to fail to prove me right - I only want him to succeed to prove me wrong.

Time will tell.

One final point - we finally had a decent human as a manager, along the same lines as Bill Nick, Burkinshaw, and Martin Jol, I liked him as a man as well as a manager, because what happened meant something to him, and I believe that loyalty is a two way street - and he deserved better than he got.

said earlier today, my feelings are still all over the place, but a week or so ago I said that the whole scouting system needed tearing up and rebuilding whatever happened. If these rumours of a sporting director are true then thats a huge, huge plus

That's pretty much how I'm looking at it too. And if we go one step further and secure Campos, it would suggest we're going to be (fingers crossed) very aggressive in the transfer market. Still, not holding my breath.

I'm still really sad to see Poch go, but if the general stories coming out in the press are true, it really does seem like he had personally had enough as well. Would explain his weird comments in the press. And I don't think he's managed to get over the CL final. I think he needs time out of the game too, to come back with another team. My only hope is he doesn't go to UTD, but that's me just being sentimental.

Most interesting will be how he deals with the contract rebels. Pretty sure he said last month that he wouldn't play them.

Given his previous for singling out players he sees as a problem, I've a feeling that once his feet are under the table, one or two are in for a proper hiding.

Welcome, Jose.

I urge all fellow Yids to get over this emotional moment and get behind our new manager. However you choose to cut it, Mourinho is as big as it gets. I see this as an indication of our club's ambition and I'm choosing to be optimistic.

Mou is going to win the FA Cup this year and get sacked next year. It’s going to be deja vu to Juande Ramos taking over for Martin Jol and winning the League Cup.

Back
Top Bottom