Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Mou gets us close to the top 4 I will be happy considering the start of the season. I'd grudgingly accept a EL spot but want CL football.
A strong FA cup run and getting to the CL knockouts would also be nice.

Agreed, we aren't in a good state and Mourinho hasn't left a club in a tremendously worse state than when he got there. One of the biggest differences for me is that for Mourinho, it has always been more about him than the club. I never really got that impression with Poch.

I want success at the club but I also don't want to be a "win at all costs" type of a supporter either, and I don't believe that the majority of Spurs are that way either.

Maybe it is the desperation of being trophy-less for so long that are getting people excited, but he is not a manager that I feel, right now, that I can be proud of when I see him on the touchline.

That's the dilemma for most fans I guess, no doubt he is a divisive figure and it's all about him.

But he is a proven winner and at this point I feel he needs this job more than at any point during his career.

His reputation has had a bit of gloss taken off it by the Man U years but what I think works in our favour is he should be hungry and focused on being a massive success here because he has a point to prove that he's not over the hill-I dont think he's just going to go through the motions and pick up a paycheck.

A motivated and determined Mourinho is potentially very exciting for the club.

If Mou gets us close to the top 4 I will be happy considering the start of the season. I'd grudgingly accept a EL spot but want CL football.
A strong FA cup run and getting to the CL knockouts would also be nice.
CL knockouts are already more or less guarenteed, I have good hopes that we can make it at least to the quarter-finals and who knows from there, need some luck with the draws as well.

With our squad, the right attitude and a good game plan we have a chance against almost any team in Europe.

Last edited:
A couple of the articles posted here have been very interesting, the fact hes been studying football and tactics etc for a year is a great sign imo. Maybe he has realised hes needed to change his approach to keep up with the likes of Pep and Klopp?
A resurgent Mourinho taking over from Emery down the road would have frightened the absolute life out of me-thats what I keep thinking.
Hes head over heart the best candidate for the job so lets see what happens.

I'm cautiously optimistic. Someone who isn't afraid to call out bullshit, who will make tough decisions.

It's what we've needed.

Style of football is irrelevant at this time as long as we start winning again.

Some of you complaining about his style of football. I LITERALLY DONT CARE HOW WE PLAY AS LONG AS WE ACTUALLY WIN MATCHES AND TROPHIES. I would rather win ugly the Mourinho way then lose pretty the Poch way.

Mourinho is probably the only man who could follow what Pochettino built. Poch was lacking drive and looked like he he lost interest.

Mourinho has all the right credentials and organisation and has a great record against Woolwich - it's looking good IMO.

Also what was said about him taking over from Dick Emery - Levy saw that and moved fast.

Without bias, I would turn down PSG too. The prem is the top league in the world.
Last July, my friend's son put £100 bet Jose is joining PSG. Based on Jose's daughter who was dating his friend (allegedly) had said her dad went on a private plane to a meeting at PSG and expecting announcement in August.
Inside information and the £100 is gone lol.

Last edited:
A win on Saturday to take us from 14th to 5th.

Echos of Wobble Chops repeatedly telling us the lowly and desperate position the club was in before he fixed it all.

I've been the 2nd most "Mourinho In" person I'd like to think after Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb , but I sure as hell am not changing the vote. The primary reason why I wanted him so much, was because he is a knob. It'll make us even more hated, and that's going to be brilliant. Can't wait watching him celebrate at Stamford Bridge when we beat the racist cunts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom