Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A couple of the articles posted here have been very interesting, the fact hes been studying football and tactics etc for a year is a great sign imo. Maybe he has realised hes needed to change his approach to keep up with the likes of Pep and Klopp?
A resurgent Mourinho taking over from Emery down the road would have frightened the absolute life out of me-thats what I keep thinking.
Hes head over heart the best candidate for the job so lets see what happens.

Yeah, the more I'm reading people's views, the more I'm seeing that too. "Head over heart" is the key phrase. I was in shock when I found out about Poch and moving to Jose was a) too early and b) WTF? He's a ruthless cunt and Poch bled Spurs! But now I've had time to calm down, I'm starting to move toward hopeful.

Yeah, if he'd taken over from Emery, we'd have all been hoping it would car-crash TV, but we'd also be shitting it. Fair point.

Apparently Campos (the guy we are trying to get as a sporting director) might not even need to leave Lille. According to some Lille fans on Reddit he is working for Milan at the same time as he is working for Lille, as he utilizes some sort of scouting/director network.

The Spurs/Lille/Milan sleeping giant alliance?

Which position on the pitch did he play?
Was he the one marking Gnabry as he waltzed down the pitch unchecked?

Oh no, it was the people strolling round the pitch....

Stop making shit up to match your theories, you know fuck all about what went on, just your fertile imagination.

They are who the club needs to dump, not the best manager the club has had in 45 years

I don't make up any theories. We were humiliated in ALL OF THOSE 3 GAMES.
It's a solid fact.

If you are suggesting that our players in those Brighton and Colchester games were worse then opposite team players then you are either mentally ill, clinically diagnosed imbecille or... both. The very notion that "if he did not run to pitch, he had no responsibility" gives firm proof that the 3rd option is true about you.

There were SO MANY occasions where we lost / drew with team way inferior in player quality over past 10 months. And manager is one responsible for results. He could not do his job anymore and was rightfully relieved from the position. Simple as. Sad, I know, would have been awesome to win trophies under him and perform well, unfortunately it was not meant to be. Now we have two options, either to succumb to history and delusion based on only emotional opinions, or we can go forward from here and hope that our fortunes will improve going forward.

Levy was left with no choice. The media is exclusively focusing on the CL final, but in reality we have 25 points from the last 24 league games. I am sorry that is unacceptable. Talk of rebuilding is fine but playing so badly you are on course for finishing 16th/17th renders any rebuild with little hope of success. Sometimes, with regret, you have to change things on a downward curve. Also, there is clearly stuff going on behind the scenes.

Lineker, who I am convinced hates us, thinks there is no one better for little old Tottenham than Poch - we have been punching above our weight for too long apparently. So, I assume Lineker believes relegation form is still punching above our weight. That is what I have noticed today: "Tottenham have no right to demand more, let alone be ambitious". There has been fervent derision by media pundits and non Spurs fans of our club. They simply know fuck all about our situation. Let's wait and see shall we.

As for Mourinho, his record is impressive, his United tenure is amazing in hindsight, and he has had a long break to recharge. I am excited by those things. I still have question marks over his style of play. However, he has drafted in two Lille coaches today who play progressively.

I think these are exciting times.

Last edited:
Totally agree mate. So many Spurs fans stuck in this we want to be nice guys bullshit! Fuck that I want a ruthless bastard in charge that wins things, park the bus and win one nil if it means we can win the league,I will be there chanting 1-0 to the Tottenham!!. I reckon most people will start to fucking wank the guy off when we win the first trophy under him!

Pretty much took the words out of my mouth. I said this to my friend yesterday almost word for word.

Rival fans have been laughing at us for not winning trophies (which is the only argument they have). We have broken into the sky 4 by doing it the 'right way'. Using academy players, being shrewd in the market (little positive net spend), building a new stadium from scratch, playing decent football (I'm talking way back to Jol's days and even under Redknapp).

Personally that criticism is unwarranted and drives me nuts, so lets give them a reason to be pissed at us. The ultimate shithousery will happen with JM.

I just hope it ends with success. Although the caveat is that fans are talking as if we have already won a trophy because we have JM now. I wouldn't go that far...but JM is as close as we can get to a manager that will bring trophies.

Some of you complaining about his style of football. I LITERALLY DONT CARE HOW WE PLAY AS LONG AS WE ACTUALLY WIN MATCHES AND TROPHIES. I would rather win ugly the Mourinho way then lose pretty the Poch way.
We didn't even look pretty when losing...

Funny you should say that, because I think Poch's ego went completely out of control in the last 2 years, and in the last 18 months or so, he was a like a lovechild of the very worst of Mourinho and Harry Redknapp every time there was a microphone in front of him.

Definitely. It was getting ridiculous how much he would talk down the club at any opportunity.

We had years of rumours about him leaving for another club that were inflamed by the way he'd speak to the media.

Back
Top Bottom