Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I remember being the same about Poch.. I was dead against it but one poster in particular, it was a dude called Lister, kept pointing out the positives and what he could bring.. I had a really good conversation with him by the end, he won me over and I was on board from that day.

Sometimes change worries people but also sometimes change is vital.
In my opinion Levy has pulled a blinder here. We were going nowhere, the football was crap, the team spirit was crap but Poch was a fans favourite, he made a difficult decision but a much needed decision.

It’s cost him £12m to make that decision so he should be applauded.
Absolutely, Jose would never have been considered if there was still harmony and fight in the dressing room but as things stand he's actually the sort of character we need. People are understandably concerned he'll bring a toxic attitude and all that but Poch has already lost the dressing room, loads of senior players want out and the fans are pissed so it's the perfect time to take a calculated risk.

Always going to be a few twists and turns along the with the appointment of a new head coach / team manager but in the end its down to money and I suppose plans to spend on the team building

I am a Liverpool fan and I don't give a shit about Spurs. But I think this appointment shows the club means business and Mourinho is a very brave man to take Spurs job at this point in time. He brings some degree of success wherever he lands so why not here?

I don't give a shit about you, your opinion or your club either.

On your bike... (and return said bike from where you acquired it)

I am a Liverpool fan and I don't give a shit about Spurs. But I think this appointment shows the club means business and Mourinho is a very brave man to take Spurs job at this point in time. He brings some degree of success wherever he lands so why not here?

Fascinating , really fascinating.

So looks like we could be going back to a DOF with Jose a Head Coach, any names been mentioned?

It’s done. He’s our manager now. Not sure if it’s a good thing or not, only time will tell. Just got to back him now though. No good will come from bitching and moaning and making the guy feel unwelcome and negative before he’s even started. COYS!

So looks like we could be going back to a DOF with Jose a Head Coach, any names been mentioned?

He's only Head Coach because Poch was manager - if you directly replace someone in the same job there are potential legalities.

By appointing him as Head Coach the 'Manager' role is essentially redundant.

You seriously think I give a fuck about the opinion of yours and the other uoriginal cunts making the same kind of comments? In my opinion, you are farcical fans, cheering for the apointment of a destructive scam artist as our manager. He can, and most likely will, set our clubs development back a decade.

In my book, you are the bad fans.
We could have Idi Amin as manager and I’d still want us to win

don’t get me wrong, I didn’t want Mourinho, but I’ll always be spurs and that’s the most important thing

Tough one for the media now that mourinho is spurs manager.

Do they now continue their love fest creaming over every word mourinho says to the media and suddenly become huge spurs fans or do they continue to ignore us, slag us off and try to unsettle the club and players for utd etc like they've done for years.

Such a dilemma

they turned on Mourinho ages ago - it will be double shit now (they liked Poch).

For those that say that José doesn't promote youth:
2 years ago, he promoted a player called Scott McTominay. Everyone said it was just a statement to Woodward about transfer policy. When he made him "Manager's Player of the Year" or something like that at Man United Awards, everyone was taking the piss.
Well, look at the player now. Probably the first name on the team sheet. José can spot talent. He also has a squad that suits his style a lot here. He's a born winner, that's for sure.
Exactly mate!! Jose understands football and talent far beyond a lot of managers. I just think he realises that a lot of potential talent won’t actually make it. He sees it before others do so doesn’t waste his time with them.

It's going to be interesting to see how players who couldn't motivate themselves for a manager they all claimed to love, are going to motivate themselves for a manager with a 2 year shelf life.

Back
Top Bottom