Good Morning Glory Hunters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All good here. Checking in 'safe'

Seen us lose 7-0 at Anfield so no biggie.

I'm Tottenham 'til i Die. From the Cradle to the Grave.

I remember that very well. I was 11 years old and practically every 11 year old other than me supported Liverpool ( despite living in London), so I was the laughing stock for days after- never heard the last of it!

The Newcastle game was a lot worse than that. And I can only presume people calling this the worst ever haven't been around very long!

First half we were mostly brilliant. On another day Son has a hatrick inside 15 minutes. We took a risk by going more attacking at 2-4 down. It didn't pay off. Bayern are one of the very best teams in the world and were both clinical and lucky.

If we're going to take a thrashing, a Champions League group stage game against the top seeds (who you won't be head-to-head with) is the time to do it. Goals 5,6,7 are humiliating but ultimately incidental.

COYS.

How can the Newcastle defeat be worse? I wasn’t around when in a world coloured black and white we did the double - I don’t even acknowledge that amazing feat anymore because it’s long been trumped by not just United and Liverpool but also by chelshit and @.rsenal.

I wasn’t at the Lane last night, I was in a kings cross boozer full of Bayern supporting Londoners and it is without any doubt the most humiliating and embarrassing final 30 minutes of football I have witnessed spurs play. Never mind we were very much in it in the first half - were we bollocks!

The standard of passing they played (particularly in the last 30mins) showed ver clearly that in the first half they were merely sussing us out - toying with us. When they stepped up a gear we were lost and didn’t know how to deal with them; it was boys against men. The final 30 minutes tells the whole story!

Last edited:
Been a Spurs fan since 1971 so I'm used to shit,I've had a load of stick in work today,but shit happens,Tottenham till I die
actually my colleagues have been passing their condolensences... even the gooners have come to my desk to commiserate...

The Newcastle result was only worse because of the immediate consequences in the aftermath. The reason people don't feel as bad today is that we're not out of the Champions League because of that one game. In terms of where it positions us in the european football food chain it's a wake-up call and a sickener.

There's a picture doing the rounds of a Spurs supporter being grabbed by stewards and underneath it reads

Stewards force Spurs fans to stay until full time

I have received it over 20 times today from so called 'mates' over in the UK.....bastards.

Relegation 77
All my "Spurs" mates jumped ship to other teams. Fuck em the cunts.
Not me though, 11 years old and proudly Spurs through our darkest days

That deserves more than one funny to be honest ,
Made me chuckle! I miss the trench humour, glad to see it’s coming back!
When you're at the bottom of the trench the only thing to do is dream of glory. The darkest hour is just before dawn. Glory Days are just around the corner.

Hit the 'like' button, if you believe the above crap.

When you're at the bottom of the trench the only thing to do is dream of glory. The darkest hour is just before dawn. Glory Days are just around the corner.

Hit the 'like' button, if you believe the above crap.
I have had that as my mantra since i was 10 years old,after we signed Ricky And Ossie...
I'm getting a bit bored of the words now. ;)

There's a picture doing the rounds of a Spurs supporter being grabbed by stewards and underneath it reads

I have received it over 20 times today from so called 'mates' over in the UK.....bastards.

I stayed till the end. I've never left a game early, no matter the score.

I've had to cop a lot of stick today and I don't normally dish out any when others are doing badly. But I'm going to exact my revenge at every moment now.

Fuck it. Dog eat dog 😂

I thought we’d moved on and that’s what makes it worse.

You know what, I don’t even care about gooners and West Ham and the whole world pissing themselves at us.

This time they’re right. It makes the mocking easier to take, but in terms of just our club, I don’t think I’ve felt worse.

Reason being because the 90s we were shit, so back to back 4-0s v Chelsea within 7 days was nothing weird.
End of AVB era I felt fucking ecstatic....we were shit beyond belief and boring.

This time the fall has been from such a high in such a short space of time it’s just a kick in the face. There is no way back from this in this set up.

iu

The worse it is, the more quiet I am! Stayed until the end, but turned my back to go the minute the final whistle went, and hardly said a word. Thank goodness I'm not at work this week, will just avoid newspapers, tv and radio news for a week.
Can't say that's the worst feeling ever (apart from games already mentioned, losing 5-0 against woolwich at WHL, the Coventry cup final, all those semi finals, the list is endless).
Glory hunter could never be levied at me, or any other Spurs supporter, as we have suffered aplenty for any scrap of success.

It was a disappointing result no one can argue with that, shit happens but if anything nights/games like that makes me an even bigger yid than I already am! Fuck your real Madrid’s, Barcelona’s, PSG’s or any other financially doped soulless, characterless sham of a football club(s).....TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR DONT EVER CHANGE.

Show me someone who refers to Spurs fans as glory hunters and I'll show you a Geordie.

There's always someone worse off than yourself.

I’m over it.

Never takes me long to get over a Spurs drubbing.

I remember being at Ipswich,freezing cold , the man with the raincoat in charge. We were so shit we celebrated a corner like a goal.

Got searched by the old bill in the town centre before the game, just cos we didn’t look like we had arrived on a tractor, Little did they know we had managed to sneak out of a supermarket cafe without paying ha!

But........it was a cracking day out, miss those days

The worse it is, the more quiet I am! Stayed until the end, but turned my back to go the minute the final whistle went, and hardly said a word. Thank goodness I'm not at work this week, will just avoid newspapers, tv and radio news for a week.
Can't say that's the worst feeling ever (apart from games already mentioned, losing 5-0 against woolwich at WHL, the Coventry cup final, all those semi finals, the list is endless).
Glory hunter could never be levied at me, or any other Spurs supporter, as we have suffered aplenty for any scrap of success.
Any scrap of success.....and I wouldn’t change a thing...."except

The Kappa kits 🙄

Back
Top Bottom