Good Morning Glory Hunters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How can the Newcastle defeat be worse? I wasn’t around when in a world coloured black and white we did the double - I don’t even acknowledge that amazing feat anymore because it’s long been trumped by not just United and Liverpool but also by chelshit and @.rsenal.

I wasn’t at the Lane last night, I was in a kings cross boozer full of Bayern supporting Londoners and it is without any doubt the most humiliating and embarrassing final 30 minutes of football I have witnessed spurs play. Never mind we were very much in it in the first half - were we bollocks!

The standard of passing they played (particularly in the last 30mins) showed ver clearly that in the first half they were merely sussing us out - toying with us. When they stepped up a gear we were lost and didn’t know how to deal with them; it was boys against men. The final 30 minutes tells the whole story!

Toying with us..... ha!

We created 5/6 clear chances. Don’t take anything away from the opening 35mins - we were the better side.

But clearly at HT they had a quick chat on where our weaknesses were and ruthlessly exposed this.

On 75mins when we were creating half chances (Sissoko and Eriksen) and 2-4 down, it was a hard balancing act.... we’d committed to going for it.... but they never looked flustered.

I said to my mate that in the bundesligue they’d probably expect to win 6-2 from here, they’re not fearing our great 4-4 comeback. It obviously was even worse!

But if we kept shape and subbed like for like, what does accepting losing 2-4 say??

Left at the 5th goal. I usually stay till the end but took my dad last night and was driving so figured would get a head start.

Had also left the boy home alone so wanted to get back to him. (Great parenting skills)

Hadn’t even got to the station and saw it was 7-2.
At that point 100% knew I’d made the right call. What has happened to this team???

Should have been 2-0 up inside 10. Different game then.

Shoulda woulda coulda........ story of Spurs.

Toying with us..... ha!

We created 5/6 clear chances. Don’t take anything away from the opening 35mins - we were the better side.

But clearly at HT they had a quick chat on where our weaknesses were and ruthlessly exposed this.

On 75mins when we were creating half chances (Sissoko and Eriksen) and 2-4 down, it was a hard balancing act.... we’d committed to going for it.... but they never looked flustered.

I said to my mate that in the bundesligue they’d probably expect to win 6-2 from here, they’re not fearing our great 4-4 comeback. It obviously was even worse!

But if we kept shape and subbed like for like, what does accepting losing 2-4 say??

“On 75mins when we were creating half chances (Sissoko and Eriksen) and 2-4 down, it was a hard balancing act.... we’d committed to going for it.... but they never looked flustered.”

Well I watch the same match you did: sure they were not flustered - we were [only not] third best because there were two not three teams on the pitch. You need to address those rose tinted glasses you wear!

Should have been 2-0 up inside 10. Different game then.

My girl said to me after Sonny's second miss that he's going to score. I replied "probably, but he needs to be scoring these chances" As you say its a completely different game then.
We can then sit in with a 4 and a 5 and see it out hitting on the counter if the chance arrives.

Anyway, I have a massive confession to make. Whilst I was at the game with the elder daughter, the missus and youngest daughter were at home and neither of them wore the lucky Spurs slippers. So unfortunately I have to put my hand up and take the entire blame for the atrocity to Spurs' history that was last night.

“On 75mins when we were creating half chances (Sissoko and Eriksen) and 2-4 down, it was a hard balancing act.... we’d committed to going for it.... but they never looked flustered.”

Well I watch the same match you did: sure they were not flustered - we were [only not] third best because there were two not three teams on the pitch. You need to address those rose tinted glasses you wear!

?? Which rose tinted glasses??

Are you saying we were no good in opening half hour??

My girl said to me after Sonny's second miss that he's going to score. I replied "probably, but he needs to be scoring these chances" As you say its a completely different game then.
We can then sit in with a 4 and a 5 and see it out hitting on the counter if the chance arrives.

Anyway, I have a massive confession to make. Whilst I was at the game with the elder daughter, the missus and youngest daughter were at home and neither of them wore the lucky Spurs slippers. So unfortunately I have to put my hand up and take the entire blame for the atrocity to Spurs' history that was last night.

Got stuck in traffic and didn’t make the dispensary and forgot to wear my lucky badge too.

So this one’s on me too.

?? Which rose tinted glasses??

Are you saying we were no good in opening half hour??

I’m not sure we’re on the same planet mate. They totally out played and embarrassed us after Kane scored the (pen)that we thought meant revival; they were stronger in every department - we by comparison were weak and clearly knackered: men verses boys for 30 minutes and thankfully not too much stoppage time; but we lost 2 : 7 yet you want to talk about an apparently even first half.

the old Wimbledon put 5 past us at plough lane - but I still love away games.....

jeez plough lane was bad. if I remember right some shuttered concrete terracing and corrugated iron.

Hmm... I put our odds at about 3/1. After-all, we could easily end up facing Bayern in the final.

If something isn’t sorted and sorted quick we will not be getting out of the group and that’s a disgrace given where we got last season. Anything less than the quarter final this time round is failure!

I’m over it.

Never takes me long to get over a Spurs drubbing.

I remember being at Ipswich,freezing cold , the man with the raincoat in charge. We were so shit we celebrated a corner like a goal.

Got searched by the old bill in the town centre before the game, just cos we didn’t look like we had arrived on a tractor, Little did they know we had managed to sneak out of a supermarket cafe without paying ha!

But........it was a cracking day out, miss those days

I’m not over it

Grumpy as hell

😤

You should be ashamed!!

Not sure how any spurs supporter can be labelled a glory hunter...
We have not won a thing in decades, maybe not the right wording for this thread, lmao glory hunters brilliant

Back
Top Bottom