Good Morning Glory Hunters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I remember losing 8-2to Derby & having a fight with my best mate coz he was taking the piss.
I was 8,I think.
Funnily enough,I don't feel that pissed off about this one. I should do,but I don't.
I think I'm going senile.

Tottenham then
Tottenham now
Tottenham forever...Even when we're shit :)

I remember losing 8-2to Derby & having a fight with my best mate coz he was taking the piss.
I was 8,I think.
Funnily enough,I don't feel that pissed off about this one. I should do,but I don't.

Tottenham then
Tottenham now

I remember the 8-2. I was going to go to that but i was only 16 & i think my parents put the kibosh on it. Started going to aways outside of London the following season though.

After sleeping on it I am more or less over it. Still stings tho. I've obviously not been around for as long on this planet as some of the others in this thread but I've been following the club for a little over a decade and this is the first time in a long time that I feel like we were utterly embarrassed.

I remember the 8-2. I was going to go to that but i was only 16 & i think my parents put the kibosh on it. Started going to aways outside of London the following season though.

I can still vividly remember being upset/disloyal that i wasn't there there to support the team when they needed me. My old fella gave it the 'its only a game' bollocks which has never placated anyone ever.

How times change.

Such a weird one. We were toe-to-toe in the first half and the better team for many periods, and we capitulate like that.

Thought the crowd was great even til we were 4-2 down, but I was just as guilty as many for leaving when it was 5.

Me and the daughter stayed 'til the bitter end last night, but didn't clap or boo the team. Just left, in shock.
I understand the team didn't come and thank the crowd for their support. That hurts somewhat if I'm honest.
As you say the crowd were brilliant up to the point where it got embarrassing. We deserved better than that.

I was 8,I think.

Tottenham then
Tottenham now
That's kind of how I feel.
Still, going to go or watch the matches and enjoy it.

This is absolutely no way the worst I have felt after a game.

We outplayed Liverpool at Wembley in the Milk Cup final. A little ginger bloke scored for them in the last minute. They beat us 3-1, half our team had cramp. I was devastated.

This feels a bit bad

That's kind of how I feel.
Still, going to go or watch the matches and enjoy it.

This is absolutely no way the worst I have felt after a game.

We outplayed Liverpool at Wembley in the Milk Cup final. A little ginger bloke scored for them in the last minute. They beat us 3-1, half our team had cramp. I was devastated.

This feels a bit bad
I was at that one.The chanting of "Ronnnniiiee Wheeeelllaaan" in that horrible accent still haunts me.

And i ripped a pair of Levi sta press...

14 May 1977, was anyone there for the last game of the season at home vs Leicester?
Before my time, we won 2-0, but were relegated ... Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor ?

I was there.

That was the one where after the game the fans invaded the pitch and wouldn't leave until the players came out and took and ovation.

The players were embarrassed as they had just been relegated but were eventually persuaded to. Pat Jennings said afterwards 'you would have thought we had just won the title, not just gone down'.

That was different class from us and one of the reasons I will ALWAYS be proud to call myself a Spurs fan.

I was 8,I think.

Tottenham then
Tottenham now

Every defeat hurts mate but that fucking surrender last night hurts more

The players (most) and the manager don’t seem to get it and we need a clear out from top to bottom

Alli laughing with the ex gooner at the end summed it up for me and he should be one of the first out the door just after Poch

I was at that one.The chanting of "Ronnnniiiee Wheeeelllaaan" in that horrible accent still haunts me.

And i ripped a pair of Levi sta press...

Souness kicked Tony Galvin out of the game and the cunt still reckons it was a fair tackle

Back
Top Bottom