Good Morning Glory Hunters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Went to uni with my 2011 Bale #3 Spurs shirt today. Just to send a message. I'm a bellend, but a fucking proud one.

I remember losing 8-2to Derby & having a fight with my best mate coz he was taking the piss.
I was 8,I think.
Funnily enough,I don't feel that pissed off about this one. I should do,but I don't.
I think I'm going senile.

Tottenham then
Tottenham now
Tottenham forever...Even when we're shit :)

14 May 1977, was anyone there for the last game of the season at home vs Leicester?
Before my time, we won 2-0, but were relegated ... Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor ?

I was there.

That was the one where after the game the fans invaded the pitch and wouldn't leave until the players came out and took and ovation.

The players were embarrassed as they had just been relegated but were eventually persuaded to. Pat Jennings said afterwards 'you would have thought we had just won the title, not just gone down'.

That was different class from us and one of the reasons I will ALWAYS be proud to call myself a Spurs fan.

Been up all night drinking coffee and reflecting on the match (and that's not being overly dramatic but perfectly true). Ruthless efficiency by the Germans. Have a feeling Poch didn't get much sleep either. Can't go on like this...worst competition defeat in the club's history. I always believed Poch might break a club record....but not in this way. Such a sad,sad morning.

Relegation 77
All my "Spurs" mates jumped ship to other teams. Fuck em the cunts.
Not me though, 11 years old and proudly Spurs through our darkest days

Tottenham 1. Chelsea 6.

Was 1-1 at half time and then....Flo

It felt worse than last night.

Away from home Newcastle 7 - Tottenham 1 was pretty bad too.

I don't get why people think this is the worst or most painful loss in our history.
Have watched us draw in the league and felt worse than last night.

Yeah it's a lot to concede and the players gave up, but it is also a group game in the Champions League. It wasn't a do or die fixture. We didn't get knocked out. It wasn't against a club with a fan base I can't stand - wasn't an English club.

Before the game I was speaking about how under Martin Jol or prior to that time, the idea of playing Bayern Munich in the Champions League at our own 60,000 seat stadium was simply not on the radar. To be honest playing Inter, AC, Juve, Barca, Madrid, Bayern for example - these were just not teams I ever got to see us play against. I have my profile picture as a photo I took at Wembley in a moment of disbelief.. My Tottenham are 3-0 up against Real Madrid!!
(Also want to mention how stunned I was at the amount of 'fans' pouting, smiling, taking selfies after the final whistle. I can only assume they aren't Spurs - but there were hundreds of them.)

I would rather look at this game as a stunning wake up call. The Newcastle and Leicester defeats were by 1 goal in games we could have won - we rarely lose by more than 1 goal. Last night will have given the players a lot more to think about than those defeats - about themselves as well as the club.

City should have done this to us, and I would rather it were at the hands of Bayern to be honest.

Can see us going there and getting a result though. A hard fought point against their reserves that squeezes us through to the knock out round maybe,

Such a weird one. We were toe-to-toe in the first half and the better team for many periods, and we capitulate like that.

Thought the crowd was great even til we were 4-2 down, but I was just as guilty as many for leaving when it was 5.

Me and the daughter stayed 'til the bitter end last night, but didn't clap or boo the team. Just left, in shock.
I understand the team didn't come and thank the crowd for their support. That hurts somewhat if I'm honest.
As you say the crowd were brilliant up to the point where it got embarrassing. We deserved better than that.

Back
Top Bottom