Good Morning Glory Hunters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure how any spurs supporter can be labelled a glory hunter...
We have not won a thing in decades, maybe not the right wording for this thread, lmao glory hunters brilliant

Sorry to nit pick but in three decades we’ve won 3 trophies.

Out of the last decade we’ve apparently two next level managers for 7 of those years and won fuck all.

I did. I know I am a shit supporter. I will be being shit again on Saturday at Brighton.

Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor being a shit supporter at ladies, youth and first team matches since 1972.
When I used to go with ex, we used to leave a few minutes from the end to miss the traffic and it used to really get on my wick. Now I don't, and my friend wouldn't let me anyway! She was most indignant that I suggested that we made our way to the doorway 30 seconds before the final whistle!
I will admit to leaving after 70 minutes away to Notts County in the League Cup when we went 3-0 down though! What a nightmare game that was too, think they were 3rd division at the time.

Never used to leave before the end, but usually never got to see the full 90 minutes - when travelling on KR's coaches.

Lucky if you were in by half time!

I never used to leave early but i do it occasionally now at night games due to the distance i live from N17 and the useless train service on my line.

If it had been a close game i would have been there on the final whistle but 2-7.......?

9 hours of my time and £120? I feel no guilt whatsoever leaving on 86 mins on Tuesday.

Lucky if you were in by half time!

I never used to leave early but i do it occasionally now at night games due to the distance i live from N17 and the useless train service on my line.

If it had been a close game i would have been there on the final whistle but 2-7.......?

9 hours of my time and £120? I feel no guilt whatsoever leaving on 86 mins on Tuesday.
Man City away midweek 1980 - the coach driver got lost in Manchester. We all ended up legging it for about half a mile to the ground. Got in with 25 minutes gone and were already 1-0 down. Eventually lost 3-1. One of John Bond's first games in charge for them.
Coach travel was 4 quid.

I did. I know I am a shit supporter. I will be being shit again on Saturday at Brighton.

Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor being a shit supporter at ladies, youth and first team matches since 1972.
Feel the same. Had my ST since 1999 and barely miss a home game (including wembley) and do half the aways. Hardly ever leave a game early but decided to when they made it 5. I gave up on the night and to be fair decision vindicated because so did the side to concede 2 more in the time it took me to reach the High Road. I'll also be at Brighton as well not supporting the side.

I don't leave early as a rule.But have in the past(wasn't there Tuesday,but probably would have ) and will probably for various reasons again in the future.Not something i do too often, but we are all only human.

the old Wimbledon put 5 past us at plough lane - but I still love away games.....

jeez plough lane was bad. if I remember right some shuttered concrete terracing and corrugated iron.

I was at that game, my name sake found himself breaking towards the Wimbledon goal, only to lose his momentum and pass the ball sideways...memories.

I remember the best view from the away end was from the small window you looked out of when you were taking a piss at half time.

Feel the same. Had my ST since 1999 and barely miss a home game (including wembley) and do half the aways. Hardly ever leave a game early but decided to when they made it 5. I gave up on the night and to be fair decision vindicated because so did the side to concede 2 more in the time it took me to reach the High Road. I'll also be at Brighton as well not supporting the side.

Nice one! :tobyarm:

Loads of tickets still available for Red Star Belgrade...
Funny that!
Oh well, at least my row is booked out now.
Hopefully not with away fans...

Those of you that left before the end, you still call yourselves supporters?

I have never left before the final whistle.

Yeah...let me think....go home as the 6th goal went in, or wait in the stadium for another couple of minutes of humiliation, which means I then have another 1 hour miserable wait for my next train home. Tough fucking decision that eh?

Yeah...let me think....go home as the 6th goal went in, or wait in the stadium for another couple of minutes of humiliation, which means I then have another 1 hour miserable wait for my next train home. Tough fucking decision that eh?

Some people live within 5 mins of a tube station and some like me and you have a 2-2.5 hour journey home with only 1 or 2 trains per hour. My last train after night games is 23.04. Miss that and I am looking at a £40 cab fare at the other end.

Still, good to know your season ticket of 25 years doesn't count towards you being a good fan, only staying to the end of a 2-7 defeat.

See you in around an hour mate and we can both be shit supporters at the Amex together.

YIDS!

Some people live within 5 mins of a tube station and some like me and you have a 2-2.5 hour journey home with only 1 or 2 trains per hour. My last train after night games is 23.04. Miss that and I am looking at a £40 cab fare at the other end.

Still, good to know your season ticket of 25 years doesn't count towards you being a good fan, only staying to the end of a 2-7 defeat.

See you in around an hour mate and we can both be shit supporters at the Amex together.

YIDS!
Fuck the haters.You have both done the mileage.
As i said further up.i have on occasion left early. I had my reasons when i have done so(quite often that i was sulking).
Oh and i live 30 seconds from a tube station :)

Back
Top Bottom