Good Morning Glory Hunters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I remember losing 8-2to Derby & having a fight with my best mate coz he was taking the piss.
I was 8,I think.
Funnily enough,I don't feel that pissed off about this one. I should do,but I don't.
I think I'm going senile.

Tottenham then
Tottenham now
Tottenham forever...Even when we're shit :)
And they had a player who scored 4 that day too. (later to have scum connections)

I remember the 8-2. I was going to go to that but i was only 16 & i think my parents put the kibosh on it. Started going to aways outside of London the following season though.
Did my first proper away game that season, at the scum.
Did all the London aways the following season, plus Luton and Southampton.

Me and the daughter stayed 'til the bitter end last night, but didn't clap or boo the team. Just left, in shock.
I understand the team didn't come and thank the crowd for their support. That hurts somewhat if I'm honest.
As you say the crowd were brilliant up to the point where it got embarrassing. We deserved better than that.
I've only ever left before the end of a game once.
At home to Coventry - midweek game 79/80.
We were winning 3-2 with a few minutes to play, and started to fart-arse around with time wasting.
They broke away and equalised. I was so pissed off that I stormed out of the ground straight away.
Walking up Park Lane, I heard the crowd cheering - Falco had scored to make it 4-3.

Which reminds me of Everton at home in the relegation season.
3-1 up with around 5 minutes to play - and they made it 3-3.
I remember there were a few Toffees in the Enclosure that day. It kicked off a bit and I saw myself on the Big Match. :D

All good here. Checking in 'safe'

Seen us lose 7-0 at Anfield so no biggie.

I'm Tottenham 'til i Die. From the Cradle to the Grave.

giphy.webp

In terms of pain, this defeat goes nowhere near the following four games at least:

the two 5-2 away defeats to the scum in a row a few years ago

6-1 away at City under AVB

the 0-5 defeat at home vs Liverpool (last game under AVB)

Trying to recollect other heavy home defeats from years gone by that I've seen;

Watford - May '85 (day of the Bradford disaster)
Derby - Jan '73 (winning 3-1 with 20 mins to play and lose 3-5 after aet)

Me and the daughter stayed 'til the bitter end last night, but didn't clap or boo the team. Just left, in shock.
I understand the team didn't come and thank the crowd for their support. That hurts somewhat if I'm honest.
As you say the crowd were brilliant up to the point where it got embarrassing. We deserved better than that.
Waited until the end too. Kane, and Son gave us some applause back but would have liked to have seen more than that as an apology.
At the end of the day though shit happens. I just couldn't get my head round how we were so dominant for 30 minutes, losing but competing up until 80 mins then it all fell apart. I suppose that's the risks we took trying to get something back that left us brutally exposed at the back.

In terms of pain, this defeat goes nowhere near the following four games at least:

the two 5-2 away defeats to the scum in a row a few years ago

6-1 away at City under AVB

the 0-5 defeat at home vs Liverpool (last game under AVB)

This one is worse than all of those, our worst defeat in club history on the world stage after finishing CL runner up in the last comp.

It was embarrassing to witness that last night, no respectable team loses like that in the CL, shows that we are either completely out of our depth or that our team just doesn't give a shit, neither is good but the latter is inexcusable, I would even go as far to say that it's the most embarrassing defeat for a club in CL history given that all the other huge losses on record have come against farmers, the only one you can compare it to is Barca VS Celtic but that's Barca.

Bayern aren't that much better than us.

Back
Top Bottom