Fulham VS Tottenham Hotspur. Carabao Cup. Tuesday 29th August 2023. Craven Cottage 19:45pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fulham lucky to be ahead, good save by Forster at the end.

Not playing great, but got better as the half went on.

PEH, Skipp are not making themselves open with almost no movement, and Defence, Midfield and forward not linking up.

It wasn't really a bad half, just messy. Richy starved yet again, not making the most of Solomon, Perisic, not having a good one.

Lots to improve on, gonna come out better 2nd Half. Gonna come back and win this.

Lo Celso - nah, not for me. Get rid.

As for Richarlson, he looks absolutely woeful. Couldn't trap a bag of cement or pass water tonight.
Just not really done anything.

It's not like he's been running all over the pitch either.

The few chances he has had to thread a ball, he's massively overhit the pass.

Sadly , if proof was needed , outside of our best starting eleven we are desperately short of quality .
Wouldn‘t it be nice to actually take the domestic cups seriously ?
A few injuries down the line will cause us major headaches

No-one is progressing the ball so we're resorting to route one, brilliant.
Bcos there is no midfiekd or FBs available. Royal is hiding with skipp. To blame Dav fir the goal alone is unfair as he has had no help from royal at all. In fact fir the goal he is in the middle with no one.

When will Tottenham managers ever learn that 9 changes never works at Tottenham. It was simply crap. Never look like scoring. Before the goal was dismal and I do not recall us getting in their box. After the goal it was a little better but never looked like scoring. How many subs can we make ? need to start making them or that is the end of one of only 2 realistic trophies we can win. Do the same in the F A cup and that is another trophyless season.

Their should be a sanction for fat whopper cunts like you
youre-hard-david-brent.gif

Interesting to see how Ange handles this. Seemed to me that the last 10 min or so we got in a little bit more of a rhythm in attack. Just need to put a couple of shots in. Not having someone to carry the ball through the middle has been a killer.
If he has any bottle at all we see four new players start the second half.

Really disappointed with this line up after all the talk about domestic cups being taken seriously. There is such a disconnect between the clubs and the fans lately and this just highlights the priorities.

Are we only able to make 5 subs?

Not sure that's going to be enough.

Our DNA is back. I wonder where all the "Ange System" fans have gone.

I felt nostalgic, only needed to see Jose or Conté on the touchline and..... Nothing Changed. :pochsmirk:
Tbf no manager will be able to get a tune out of these players. Another transfer window and instead of moving out our shit players we sold our best fucking player. :ange-facepalm2::contehandshead:

MF poor, Richy is really poor, but I think the downgrade in ball playing ability from Saturday’s back 4 to this is the biggest factor for why we’ve been so bad. They’re causing our team to be deep and absorb a lot of pressure.

Sanchez in particular is just such a poor passer of the ball. We need our CBs to be brave and incisive with their passing, he’ll never have that in him.

No matter what happens from here, at least Ange will have learnt some lessons…….

Richarlison has been such a disappointment

Despite the many changes, the real problem with him is his complete lack of being able to control a football.

He's had passes bounce straight off him, he's completely missed being able to trap a high ball in the penalty area and he's just got all round bad positioning.

Getting Soldado, Jannsen, Bent and Rebrov vibes.
I thought he would at least be a physical nuisance. He seems to get bullied by every CB these days.

Back
Top Bottom