Fulham VS Tottenham Hotspur. Carabao Cup. Tuesday 29th August 2023. Craven Cottage 19:45pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Come back from the game.

David Howells was sat in front of me.

Away support as usual was cracking, sang all game. Putney End was literally bouncing, which was disconcerting given it is basically all temporary scaffolding.

First half shit, eventually grew into in the second half.

But we've learnt no lessons from previous years. As I said in my post before the game, if we play the second 11 and rotate too much it'll end up being like Sheffield United all over again.

I wouldn't criticise Sanchez for missing a penalty, I've not read the thread but I can imagine the comments. Plenty of players have missed, penalties is a lottery. Shows once again his character for being willing to step up. Booed off and he still puts in the effort and takes responsibility, so kudos to him for doing that. He may lack quality, but I don't see anyone else who wanted to step up.

Personally I'd have said Son, Deki, Maddison, Scarlett and PEH should have been our 5 takers.

I knew we'd lose the shoot out, Forster is beyond useless at penalties. Literally got nowhere near any of them. Totally different to Gollini when we won against wolves 2 seasons ago. Forsters attempt at diving was beyond ridiculous. All in slow motion.

Same old shit, don't treat the trophies with respect and you'll never get rid of the trophy less tag. The club deserve what they get with that attitude. Unfortunately we as paying fans don't deserve that!

What a difference a few weeks make. From dreading yet another game, I am buzzing for this and so glad I've got a ticket.
Don't care who plays and what formation, I just have faith in Ange to get the best out of his choices.
I'm not naive enough to think that it is a foregone conclusion that we're going to win, but I do know that we will see attacking, entertaining football.
:coys:

Finish work at 4 and will be heading straight to Fulham. Meeting a friend for a Turkish, then will head to the ground. Unfortunately I couldn’t get tickets in the away end, but I managed to bag tickets in the Johnny Haynes right next to the away support. A fulham fan told me lots of neutrals snap up tickets in that stand, so I’m hoping i got a few Spurs supporters by me. That being said, I’m still going to enjoy the game regardless and I’ll have a great view of the away support 😊

It is the year 2072 and an AI simulation of Ben Davies is the new Spurs manager. After a promising start to the season, he names a significantly weakened line up in the first round of the Saudi Inter-Continental Super League Cup. Fans speculate it was a decision to call Spurs Chairman, 127 year old Daniel Levy's, bluff in the transfer market, sending Spurs out in the 2nd round for the 69th season in a row.

Last edited:
What a wasted opportunity tonight was.... still can't believe we're out...

I don't give a shit that some people deem the League Cup as somehow beneath us...

NO CUP IS BENEATH US when we haven't won one for 15 fucking years!!

You know I was actually thinking to myself this morning ''maybe we shouldn't sell players like Sanchez and Hojbjerg, they'll be useful squad players this season under Ange and the new system''.

It turns out, I'm an idiot.

My horoscope today:

"The ongoing presence of your point of DESTINY in your sector of GOALS can be a SPUR to bigger and better things. Any decisions you make could be GAME CHANGERS".

Back
Top Bottom