FA Cup 4th Round - Man City [H] - Friday 26 Jan 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think that the players, were a bit gripped by fear and, forgot the game plan.
I think there's an element of truth in that, the mauling we got, in the first half up there, may have played on minds. Couple that with them pegging us back for long periods, you've got a back foot mindset. So when those breaks do come along, you've got players who aren't thinking attack and reacting quickly enough.

Our mentality is better, but it's still not quite there.

I hope when we play the Bees
That we don't freeze
And win with ease
They score none and we score 3
Are you Basil Fawlty?
happy gilmore GIF

As timid as we were with the ball I was actually very happy with our defending, Vicario had very little to do against a top team that was moving the ball slickly. We made some great blocks and recovery runs.

But as a team I think we still lack the confidence of a real top team, you can’t play at home and have 1 shot in 95 minutes. I don’t care who the opponent is. We still seem to let our balls shrivel up whenever an opponent starts the game better than us. We did the same thing away at Wolves. We should always play with courage.

Surely cuti or vic or anyone could see that then if we could? Either tell the ref and highlight it so he has a word or do something fucking about it! Don’t just let happen all game like you say. Ffs are they not professional enough to sort that or even the coaching team spot it. All well good cuti going in recklessly when no need but when he needs to use his nous it goes missing.
Agree that someone should have sorted this earlier. Romero or someone else should have started holding the City player and stopped him hindering the GK.

My take on losing to Chitty.

They are cheating cunts so void result.

Let us play pumped with PEDs and then its a fairer game.

Up the 115

That’s how we play.

Sometimes it doesn’t work, usually it does. We need to get better at what we do, not stop doing it.
Yes true and I get that but in the last 5 minutes? Your at home, big crowd, fa cup KO match , you need to looking at going for it a bit more. It just seemed like lazy play and really trying press forward. I bet if we’d gone 1-0 much earlier the urgency in our play would have quickened. Like it use to under conte.

Back
Top Bottom