FA Cup 4th Round - Man City [H] - Friday 26 Jan 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looking at it again it was clearly a foul on Vic and the goal should have been disallowed.
But I’m not confident that we would have prevailed in the replay!
impeding him in the box had been a tactic all game. I think a replay would have at least made sure that didn’t happen. Too bad we didn’t do it in game with this one. Don’t think we’ll let them do it with the league game, if they keep it up

Everyone seems to be saying a lot of players were knackered towards end of game. Why didn’t we bring on say Davies for destiny, Emerson may be for Porto or even bring on drag to go 3 at the back. May be some subs in those defence areas may have given us a bit more energy?

Not to be overly critical but English Monarchy (That ride around in a carriage made of Gold and who own most of the land on this planet because of birthright.)/ Oil Slaver.......... what's the difference?

Fuck €ity and their bottomless pit of resources... With all that wealth, they've still gotta resort to that kind of spoiling tactics more remeniscent of '80s Wimbledon Crazy gang!!

In 5 years of trying at the new WHL, they've only been ahead for 5 minutes

...Sadly, those were the crucial last 5 minutes!

Fucking sports washers!

For all the debate on impeding keepers, the problem for us was that we were utterly toothless going forward. I don't know what to take from that though, given we've been flat garbage in each of our three cup games this season.

I thought it was a foul on Vic.
At the grass roots level I used to play at, it wouldn't have been given as a foul, but at the top level, keepers are usually protected more, the City player didn't go for the ball and impeded Vic, like he'd been doing all night, 9 times out of 10 the goal would have been disallowed.
We probably should had a defender trying to help Vic though, as they'd been doing it throughout the match.
Apart from that, we didn't play well enough to get a result on the night, and I wouldn't have been confident about a replay at their place.

Also, although I only registered recently, I'd like to send my condolences to Mrs Perryman, sorry to hear the sad news.

I wasn’t telling you anything, let alone that Foden is physically imposing.

What I am saying is that, whilst we didn’t play well, it’s tough to play well against the best team in the world, (you must know they didn’t win that trophy by beating a team from New Zealand, but were only in that tournament by being the best team in England, then Europe, then the world?) particularly when you are missing four of your first eleven.

Maybe the players should have been more up for it, maybe City are just so good that we struggled to impose ourselves? No matter what, the fact is we SHOULD lose to City - they are so much better than we are. And whilst I’m pissed off we lost, i don’t believe we are mediocre, just came up against a better side.

I mean, I agree that losing to City is nothing to cry over for too long. They were favorites to progress from here and they did.

But I don't give a damn about this context- to see someone WRITING IN SPURS FORUM THAT WE SHOULD LOSE TO CITY is fucking pathetic. Really-really-really shocking and unforgivable. That is basically what is wrong with clubs mentality, it feels like players were thinking the same on the field. Despite the fact that City was winless on our new stadium and neve having scored a goal here. Yet there is a fan who writes on black and white that TOTTENHAM SHOULD LOSE TO CITY. I think I have to go and throw up.

Other thing is - there is loss and there is loss. Playing at home turf and having ONE shot across 90 minutes is total capitulation and surrender. Again one thing that all of the starting AND substitute players should be extremely embarrased about. That does not mean we should write off all or even any players from the game. But they absolutely fucked up in grand scale. They should feel bad about it and run blood out of their ears in next games if needed so such shit would never happen again.

Like someone said - City wanted it more. I mean - last season TREBLE WINNERS (!!!) wanted to win 4th round FA cup game more than the side that hasn't won a single competition for more than a decade?!? Another thing that makes me sick to my stomach.

Our standard has to be higher, but if our fanbase (and possibly some squad members) believe we SHOULD lose to City, we have zero hope.

I mean, I agree that losing to City is nothing to cry over for too long. They were favorites to progress from here and they did.

But I don't give a damn about this context- to see someone WRITING IN SPURS FORUM THAT WE SHOULD LOSE TO CITY is fucking pathetic. Really-really-really shocking and unforgivable. That is basically what is wrong with clubs mentality, it feels like players were thinking the same on the field. Despite the fact that City was winless on our new stadium and neve having scored a goal here. Yet there is a fan who writes on black and white that TOTTENHAM SHOULD LOSE TO CITY. I think I have to go and throw up.

Other thing is - there is loss and there is loss. Playing at home turf and having ONE shot across 90 minutes is total capitulation and surrender. Again one thing that all of the starting AND substitute players should be extremely embarrased about. That does not mean we should write off all or even any players from the game. But they absolutely fucked up in grand scale. They should feel bad about it and run blood out of their ears in next games if needed so such shit would never happen again.

Like someone said - City wanted it more. I mean - last season TREBLE WINNERS (!!!) wanted to win 4th round FA cup game more than the side that hasn't won a single competition for more than a decade?!? Another thing that makes me sick to my stomach.

Our standard has to be higher, but if our fanbase (and possibly some squad members) believe we SHOULD lose to City, we have zero hope.
Everything ok at home hun?

Yes, judging by strength of first team and squad, City are a side we should lose against. Them not beating us for a few years has fuck all to do with what happened in Friday.

As you said though, you are ignoring any context and just having a shout and a vomit. So carry on. Don’t brush your teeth straight afterwards as you’ll fuck your enamel up.

Back
Top Bottom