FA Cup 4th Round - Man City [H] - Friday 26 Jan 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hard to underestimate what a win here would do for the belief of the team. You'd have to make us favourites to go all the way if we do it.

We tend to bend these lot over on most occasions and they should still be without Haaland.

Vic
Porro -- Romero -- VDV -- Udogie
Bentancur
PEH -- Maddison
Kulu -- Richy -- Werner

Hard to underestimate what a win here would do for the belief of the team. You'd have to make us favourites to go all the way if we do it.

We tend to bend these lot over on most occasions and they should still be without Haaland.

Vic
Bentancur
PEH -- Maddison
Kulu -- Richy -- Werner
would have the same but swap PEH for kulu and play gil RF. proper go for it. that team can keep the ball well and has someone in the box ready to put his bollox on the line.

i like PEH but he just looks so unsure of himself in this side when he starts games. every now and then he can do something nice, but expecting him to get on the ball and be cute with it is just not part of his DNA. he naturally wants to calm things down, but this system requires its CM's to force the issue not calm shit down.

Last edited:
ll0Fvew.jpg

Forster, Royal, Sessegnon, Dragusin, Dorrington, Hojbjerg, Skipp, Johnson, Gil

would have the same but swap PEH for kulu and play gil RF. proper go for it. that team can keep the ball well and has someone in the box ready to put his bollox on the line.

i like PEH but he just looks so unsure of himself in this side when he starts games. every now and then he can do something nice, but expecting him to get on the ball and be cute with it is just not part of his DNA. he naturally wants to calm things down, but this system requires its CM's to force the issue not calm shit down.
Gill? On the right?

Had a gander at Blue Moon 👀

Do these morons not understand , that without the dodgy money , they would probably be in league one now . Toss pots !

Vicario
Porro - Romero - Van de Ven - Udogie
Skipp - Bentancur - Maddison
Kulusevski - Richarlison - Werner
I think the team probably picks itself if all of those are fit. I really really hope Maddison is fit. If he isn't match fit then start Kulusevski central and start Johnson and then bring Maddison on later in the game for Johnson and put Kulusevski out wide.

Then again, if Lo Celso is available, he may start and Maddison comes on for him if he isn't match fit.

Massive game really. Win could be a real statement to let everyone know we are here and we aren't going away. The belief we'd get from beating this team in the cup would be huge.

And I know I know we haven't won anything in years and years but a loss here isn't also the end of the world. There's no shame in losing to City in the cup but if we can find a positive, it also means we get a clean run at the league and aim to finish as high as possible with no distractions.

Vic
Bentancur
PEH -- Maddison
Kulu -- Richy -- Werner
Only possible change to that for me is whether we play Kulu in MF rather than PEH. Though we don't have an obvious RW replacement for Kulu if we do that. And probably best not to experiment with Porro up there in this game. Can Solomon or Werner play RW?

Vicario
Porro - Romero - Van de Ven - Udogie
Skipp - Bentancur - Maddison
Kulusevski - Richarlison - Werner
I think the team probably picks itself if all of those are fit. I really really hope Maddison is fit. If he isn't match fit then start Kulusevski central and start Johnson and then bring Maddison on later in the game for Johnson and put Kulusevski out wide.

Then again, if Lo Celso is available, he may start and Maddison comes on for him if he isn't match fit.

Massive game really. Win could be a real statement to let everyone know we are here and we aren't going away. The belief we'd get from beating this team in the cup would be huge.

And I know I know we haven't won anything in years and years but a loss here isn't also the end of the world. There's no shame in losing to City in the cup but if we can find a positive, it also means we get a clean run at the league and aim to finish as high as possible with no distractions.
It's Hojberg instead of Skipp for me. He was really important second half at the Ettihad and played well last night, I thought.

I’m really excited about this game. Desperate to win of course, but with such a great feel around the club right now I love these opportunities to prove ourselves against the best out there too, and really see how good we are.

Shame it won’t be a fully fit XI but if Madders is back the team starts to looks very strong.

Let's forget x, y and z. Imagine this as our 20 players (11/9)

Vicario, Forster, Porro, Royal, Udogie, Dragusin, Romero. van de Ven, Davies, Bissouma, Sarr, Bentancur, Lo Celso, Maddison, Johnson, Kulusevski, Werner, Solomon, Richarlison, Son

Add another 3 or 4 'first team' players to that lot and oooofffff

Back
Top Bottom