FA Cup 4th Round - Man City [H] - Friday 26 Jan 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tbh i think the break reduced our intensity play a bit. We need a top striker though. Cant keep hanging around though wondering whether scarlett, parrott or devine are going to make it. Do think veliz will come good though. We need a top striker this january or summer.

I can understand and take a loss to one of the best teams around but it's the way we lost for me. Last chance of a trophy and we didn't play with anywhere near the intensity city did. They wanted it more. It did feel a bit like a conte whimpering performance yesterday. It may not of been our first 11 but there was enough out there to muster more than one shot and cause city a few problems Atleast on the counter as I don't expect us to dominate the ball vs them.

They came out on fire....... Pep wanted the WHL monkey off of his back........

..........You could see at FT what it mean to them.
Did he now...? After 5 attempts...? Awww, I feel his pain! Poor diddums.... Didn't stop them sweeping up every trophy on the planet, did it?

Funny when you think about it, 'cos we once had a Chelsea hoodoo over us for about 15 years! ...and have been trophy less since 2008!

Some hoodoos stick for half a generation, but when City are involved, they just pay their way out of them sooner rather than later...

Now you are angry with the direction the manager looks during interviews?

Have a holiday mate.
Never used the word angry and cheers for the offer of a break even though you haven't offered to pay for it just like you don't pay for my season ticket (I avoided the temptation to abbreviate to ST) and therfore have no jurisdiction over my post match depression.

A defender needs to move him away from Vic.
Look at the goal again build up. We have the ball Vic gives it to cuti who cheap it over our pen box to VDV who then passes back to Vic. Vic then kicks it but only to city player inside our half. They then attack and kdb shoots gets corner. In the 87th min we are at home and pissing about with the ball at the back deep in our pen box! We saw all game them pressing us and we never beat it. If he clears the ball further up field we don’t give them an easy run at our goal. In fact although Vic has been great he never gets any real distance when kicking the ball. Actually no one in the team except Porto at times can kick it long and over the top or never attempt it.
Basically we shit ourselves in the foot with conceding that corner. We were playing for a fucking draw so pissing about with the ball at the back.

Look at the goal again build up. We have the ball Vic gives it to cuti who cheap it over our pen box to VDV who then passes back to Vic. Vic then kicks it but only to city player inside our half. They then attack and kdb shoots gets corner. In the 87th min we are at home and pissing about with the ball at the back deep in our pen box! We saw all game them pressing us and we never beat it. If he clears the ball further up field we don’t give them an easy run at our goal. In fact although Vic has been great he never gets any real distance when kicking the ball. Actually no one in the team except Porto at times can kick it long and over the top or never attempt it.
Basically we shit ourselves in the foot with conceding that corner. We were playing for a fucking draw so pissing about with the ball at the back.
That’s how we play.

Sometimes it doesn’t work, usually it does. We need to get better at what we do, not stop doing it.

That's the worst thing about Friday night games.... When you win, you can relax and watch everyone else slug it out over the weekend...

But when you lose, you couldn't give a shit . ... I hope they ALL go out! City or LiverKlopp are gonna win it anyway!

Didn't deserve anything from that match, bit of a shitshow from start to finish
Why wasn’t the team up for it with at least some pressing? We came out if the blocks v barcodes with half our team missing. Yet v city we just let them pull our pants down. Number of times during the game I’m thinking someone fucking tackle or kick them but we just were so passive. Even Ange said that but surely the team talk before the game should have made sure we weren’t so passive! Home crowd, evening KO, fa cup v city with fans expecting us to give it a real go even if we lost. However we can’t even say that after losing. We didn’t turn up and shame on some of the players who did not put in the desired level of committment. Lots of people made big effort to get to gane for a Friday evening game and left very disappointed. Even a 2-3 or something g would have entertained the crowd. We provide no enjoyment at all apart from a few occasions.

Oh Jeez.

I remember "fans" having a go at Redknapp because he didn't celebrate goals "in the right way"

of all the things that are irrelevant it is your post

ridiculous
I think what he means is that Ange doesn’t look angry , disappointed almost blase about losing. He said he though were too passive in the first half. We’ll get on your hands out of your over coat and start gesticulating to the players. Give them a bloody rocket to get their arses moving. He stands closest to Johnson surely he can see he needs to do more.

It was frustrating. Even when they had 9 players in our half pressing we tried to play through it. The first time we pressed them in numbers they just played over the top with a long diagonal to Bobb.

Back
Top Bottom