FA Cup 4th Round - Man City [H] - Friday 26 Jan 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One criticism I have of us here is that it was happening all game, and this is a good example of why I think we have some naive players, why hasn’t at any point one of our players gone and engaged with Dias?

If a player goes and marks Dias on every corner it frees up Vicario.

Someone, be it a coach or player has to take responsibility there.
As an ex-goalie I can say that after I pushed him and he didn't move away I would just say to a defender come and sort this fucker out.

Spot on they do it all the time, Bernardo must have made 5 or 6 fouls without a booking and Rodri likewise, the worst one was Walker on Udogie again no card. They were on the keeper at corners all night and Pep with his clapping and laughing at the ref had a lot to do with the goal being given
Walker on Udogie was a fucking joke.

Not only a blatant yellow not given but he didn’t play advantage when we had a chance to score.

Tierney is an incompetent cunt.

Put Werner up top and give Santiago a crack on the left
Ffs anything would have done. Just something different with some young players who have no fear. We just kept playing the same slow build up between goalie and cbs going no where. They pressed all game yet we never tried to counter that by doing something different. We have pace up top but never once thought of releasing the ball early. What we need is someone who can make great long passes as well as MADDs for the shorter cute little slide rule passes.

Fucking about at the back too much now
Yes last 15 mins we played like we wanted a draw same as v manure. I don’t get the bold Ange statement of “this who we are”? We didn’t look like scoring for most of the game and last 20 mins including injury time we did sq root of f all!

As an ex-goalie I can say that after I pushed him and he didn't move away I would just say to a defender come and sort this fucker out.

Exactly!

It’s weak from us. I didn’t really think of it from this aspect last night as I was too annoyed (still am). But now I’m actually more pissed off at us. Especially as we had all game to stop it. I think we need more experienced players in the side/squad ASAP.

They had 10 corners before we conceded that goal. It is a foul but I’m sorry, we had more than enough chances to prevent that situation happening.

Now is it on the players or the coaching staff or both?

Deserved. We haven't done anything to win this game. Playing for a draw.
That is what I saw towards the end of the 2 nd half. We just dicked around with the ball at the back not really trying to get forward. Not that we did much of that for rest of the game. I have no idea what the tactics were other than what I saw was basically Everton back in our half and no one engaging. It was like watching a conte performance. Only diff is we don’t have Kane and son and have bj deki and Werner.

One criticism I have of us here is that it was happening all game, and this is a good example of why I think we have some naive players, why hasn’t at any point one of our players gone and engaged with Dias?

If a player goes and marks Dias on every corner it frees up Vicario.

Someone, be it a coach or player has to take responsibility there.
I can understand that the players are told where to stand (as if its man to man marking you know who should be on dias), but when things like this happen surely the goalie has to fake an injury and tell med staff what's happening so the coaching team can change who marks who

Just fucking smash Brentford.

Also because I’m going.
Keep playing like that in the final 3rd and we're unlikely to smash Brentwood. That facet of our game disappointed me even more than the result.

As for Ange and his post match demeanour it is starting to irk....look up ffs when you're being interviewed and maybe the players will follow suit by doing likewise whilst in possession and pass the ball earlier when someone makes a run.

Keep playing like that in the final 3rd and we're unlikely to smash Brentwood. That facet of our game disappointed me even more than the result.

As for Ange and his post match demeanour it is starting to irk....look up ffs when you're being interviewed and maybe the players will follow suit by doing likewise whilst in possession and pass the ball earlier when someone makes a run.
Now you are angry with the direction the manager looks during interviews?

Have a holiday mate

Back
Top Bottom