Crystal Palace v Tottenham Hotspur (Jan 4th - 8pm) *sigh*

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From what I have seen so far there are plenty of considered opinions out there. It's just getting them to do the ratings that's the challenge. I have 3 years of data to tap into. I started doing it because I didn't trust my own perception. I wanted a more reliable and structured measure.
There are, I was just having a bubble.

I rarely do ratings myself, it's not really something that appeals to me, but I know it does to others. Each to their own I suppose, and if you enjoy it then more power to your arm.

Bin voted. Imagine taking your stance after last night. Clueless.
Ooh. Please don't vote for the bin. Imagine being supporter like you that calls em shit then kisses ass after one half. That's the definition of clueless. Gil is not good enough. It's as simple as that. Loan him out A couple of passes that eventually ended up as goals changed nothing. Perisic cross made the first, and kane being kane got the second. You'll be the first to stand em and criticise. Shut up permanently next time players like Gil play poorly

best thing Gil has done was causing his haters a stress gastritis
He really hasn't. If that what you and some others think is a good performance then you accept that's the standard. A couple of very basic passes. Perisic makes the first and the second is all kane. All Gil did is pass it 3 yards to him. Either way even if that's considered a great half from him after how long at the club then accept whatever direction the club go in. at the same time as you'll be moaning at.the board for signings and better quality players.

A more interesting 'dilemma' might be: would you prefer to do the double over City, boosting our top 4 chances, but gifting the title to Woolwich; or lose both games to City in the hope they'll overtake Woolwich, even though it effectively ends any chance of finishing in the top 4?
That is a very interesting question. I never want to hear Spurs and lose games in the same sentence, so I suppose, if it came to that, I'd just have to live with that team whose name must not be spoken finishing with the title. That said, I'm not sure why there seems to be such certainty about Woolwich finishing the season in contention for the title. Most every team has some ups and downs to their season and there is no reason to think they won't have theirs. I know the media tells us 24/7 they are the epitome of the modern football machine and destined for glories which extend far into the future. I don't believe it. They have some fine players, no doubt, but title teams tend to have players who are at the very highest level. That team is a collection of very good players. There's a difference and the absence of a Harry Kane level players is what will keep them from the title this year. And, if the wheels fall off (which is possible) so much the better.

Back
Top Bottom