Chelsea v Tottenham. 2nd leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Superb post, couldn’t agree more

I wish I didn’t have to make the post truth be told but it’s honestly how I feel.

I don’t look forward to football at the moment, i watch out of love for spurs and dedication to my club because I have spent my entire life supporting us but the media make me want to just fuck football off completely.

The narrative about us will NEVER change unless we suddenly become the next Man City and Sky and all the other media cunts can get a piece of that money, that’s all the care about.

Until we bend to their will and spunk £200M per window they won’t be happy, they hate us because we don’t do things the way they believe it should be done in the modern age.

Honestly it makes me sick, the bias against us makes me sick, we can’t do a single thing right and every time we lose a single game it’s immediately “Bottlers” or “they need to sign players” or “the manager and players will leave for silverware”

It honestly fucks me off and there are dumb asses out there who lap it up and believe it.

From Football365
Merse code
Midweek football means midweek Merson. Paul is here to offer his expert insight on the Carabao Cup semi-final second legs.

He forecasts yet more doom for Burton in a 4-0 defeat to Manchester City, before turning his attention to Tottenham’s game with Chelsea. He says:

‘Tactically with Chelsea, I don’t think there’s a plan. Maurizio Sarri plays the same way every week, and over the last few weeks they’ve struggled to break teams down. They’re not making 10-15 chances a game, and it’s going to be difficult. It’ll be a hard game.’

So hard that they are predicted to win 2-0. Great stuff.

Much of that is due to Tottenham’s injury crisis, of course. Merson states that ‘it’s a good time to play’ them.

‘If you could say before the game that you can pull out three players from that team, then it would be Harry Kane, Dele Alli and Heung-Min Son, along with Christian Eriksen.’

That’s four players.

Tottenham Hotspur FC

The only major football club who's fans have no right to expect them to sign players or invest in the football team

Tottenham Hotspur FC.

The only Premier league club that has built a stadium, new training centre in the past 10 years, caught up with and surpassed some of the so called big 4. Finished above doped clubs, increased income to the point we'll likely surpass our neighbours who only a few years ago were so far in front it looked impossible. A club that stands for glory and playing the game the right way. A club that has every chance of continuing to grow year on year. A club that is the envy of nearly every other fan outside the top 6.

That's my club, that's who I support.

You should try it, belief is everything......

I just hope IF we lose (or get knocked out), those who tend to moan about the club don't aim it at our injury problems. Whilst those injury problems would hinder anyone, it's Chelsea AWAY. A place we've got 1 win in 32 games there, so 1 win in 29 years..

Lets get behind this group of special players who will give their all. We have the capability of seeing this tie out. People will step up and we'll do this lads.

COYS

Really unfortunate, had hope that this might be the trophy the team could get.
Besides the Premier and the Champions League are there any other trophies tottenham could possibly go for this season?
giphy.gif

Everyone saying "at least it saves us getting a pasting by City" - have a fucking word with yourselves. The reason cunts like Chelsea keep winning trophies is they get to finals. We have choked at the semi final stage for goodness knows how long and yet we are encouraged by some to think this is a good thing. Small time.

I speak to WHU fans
I speak to LFC fans
I speak to Celtic fans
I have even been known to speak to Woolwich fans
But Chelsea? You have to draw the line somewhere.

I wouldn't piss on a Chesea fan if they were on fire. Unless my piss was petrol.

this may come across as bitter, but I always thought away goals was meant to counter balance playing away in the second leg
surely removing them gives a big advantage to the team at home?

Back
Top Bottom