Chelsea v Tottenham. 2nd leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From Football365
Merse code
Midweek football means midweek Merson. Paul is here to offer his expert insight on the Carabao Cup semi-final second legs.

He forecasts yet more doom for Burton in a 4-0 defeat to Manchester City, before turning his attention to Tottenham’s game with Chelsea. He says:

‘Tactically with Chelsea, I don’t think there’s a plan. Maurizio Sarri plays the same way every week, and over the last few weeks they’ve struggled to break teams down. They’re not making 10-15 chances a game, and it’s going to be difficult. It’ll be a hard game.’

So hard that they are predicted to win 2-0. Great stuff.

Much of that is due to Tottenham’s injury crisis, of course. Merson states that ‘it’s a good time to play’ them.

‘If you could say before the game that you can pull out three players from that team, then it would be Harry Kane, Dele Alli and Heung-Min Son, along with Christian Eriksen.’

That’s four players.
"I don’t think there’s a plan. Maurizio Sarri plays the same way every week" ... that would be a plan then.

Please please please, for the love of God, let us actually hammer another nail into Chelsea's coffin rather than give another club in crisis a shot of adrenaline.

I swear we have a shit history of taking advantage when an opposition team appears to be in turmoil. The last time I can remember us really sticking the boot in was Mourinho's United at Old Trafford.

In many ways, I'm more confident when we're up against a team in great form!

Spurs_1987 (edit as I fucked the quote up)

Mate. With the greatest respect most of our rivals have strengthened over the summer while we stood still. I don’t like clubs ‘buying’ the league and I’m not advocating going into debt to satisfy the more desperate elements of our support or the craven media.

However, one or two well placed summer signings would’ve meant greater rotation and thus, perhaps , less of a strain on the usual suspects - who we rely on time and again to get us into these good positions.

It takes some foresight and ambition to sit down in May and nail down a couple (or even just one) quality signing that adds quality and resilience to the squad. How much did Woolwich pay for Torreria? Chavs got Kovacic on loan. January isn’t the time to be making knee jerk signing at over the odds prices but we now need to because we didn’t do enough in the summer

A lot of our players have improved tremendously since MP took over.
But MP has not improved at all as a manager over these years.
I'd even say that the team has not improved as a unit since MP's second season when we were chasing Leicester.

MP needs to grow up as a manager too.
That shocking first half is all on him.

Simply not true.

Our points total increases almost every season despite everyone around us spending more money.

We win more big games each season, that spurs team chasing Leicester wouldn’t have got through in the nou camp.

Easy to forget poch is still relatively young, he has holes for sure, who doesn’t? But he has made improvements.

A few more minor improvements may see us finally win something

[formation=343, Gazzaniga, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Aurier, Dier, Winks, Davies, Lamela, Lucas, Eriksen][/formation]

Park the bus, counter with pace using Lucas. Have Lamela start to shithouse our way through the match. N'Koudou on the bench to bring on more pace. Our injury situation gives us a free pass to do whatever it takes to get the result here.
:pochserious:

From Football365
Merse code
Midweek football means midweek Merson. Paul is here to offer his expert insight on the Carabao Cup semi-final second legs.

He forecasts yet more doom for Burton in a 4-0 defeat to Manchester City, before turning his attention to Tottenham’s game with Chelsea. He says:

‘Tactically with Chelsea, I don’t think there’s a plan. Maurizio Sarri plays the same way every week, and over the last few weeks they’ve struggled to break teams down. They’re not making 10-15 chances a game, and it’s going to be difficult. It’ll be a hard game.’

So hard that they are predicted to win 2-0. Great stuff.

Much of that is due to Tottenham’s injury crisis, of course. Merson states that ‘it’s a good time to play’ them.

‘If you could say before the game that you can pull out three players from that team, then it would be Harry Kane, Dele Alli and Heung-Min Son, along with Christian Eriksen.’

That’s four players.

He also said somewhere that he thinks we will lose in Extra Time......there isn't Extra Time

We need our lord and savior
giphy.gif

One of our youth strikers couldn’t be worse than Llorente.

And Dier needs a slap, the lazy, jogging back prick. Hacks down Barkley, moans at ref, jogs slowly twenty yards behind Hazard, watches goal from miles away, moans at ref again.

Back
Top Bottom