Chelsea v Tottenham. 2nd leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At the time. We just have:

----------------Gazzaniga-----------------
-----Toby-----Sanchez-----Jan------
---Tripps---Dier---Winks---Rose---
-------------Lamela----Eriksen----------
------------------Llorente-------------------

Subs: Lloris, Foyth, KWP, Skipp, GKN, Sterling, Davies.

Really nice bench.

Dier and Winks from here on in
Winks motm today, but Dier gave us the ability to press them on the edge of their own box, and was the reason Winks was even up there at the end.

No messing for this game. Dier Winks CM and the rest I don’t care.

Dele is a massive loss, really struggle to see where the goals will come from now and we can't rely on defending a single goal

Would love to see Roles from the academy on the bench, closest we have to Dele. GKN may deserve an opportunity, and Nando may be the only option to give us an out ball

Thankfully Chelscum are not in a great way either but given our injuries it's a huge ask

One result for the cup final, big bollocks needed boys!

Gazzaniga
Alderweireld - Foyth - Vertonghen
Aurier - Eriksen - Dier - Winks - Rose
Lamela - Llorente
Bench: Lloris, KWP, Sanchez, Davies, Skipp, Nkoudou, Sterling*

Absolute bare bones here in terms of our bench. Absolutely have to go with 3 at the back. I'd go with Foyth over Sanchez, just because I think he's a lot calmer and overall the better player. Got to get Aurier or KWP back in the starting line-up, we will need their pace on the counter attack along with Rose over on the left.

Lamela and Llorente were both very disappointing against Fulham but Lamela always raises his level for these bigger games and Llorente is the CUP MAN, all of his goals bar 1 have come a cup competition for us, he needs match sharpness and he's only going to get that with games and with our injury problems, he should get that.

We are probably going to have to give our best performance of the season here I feel, especially defensively. Sarri has pretty much just put his team on blast and this game has just come at the perfect time for them. Sarri will realise Hazard doesn't work up front and put him and Hudson-Odoi on the wings and they'll put Giroud up top and hammer our box with crosses.

The atmosphere is going to be absolutely incredible for this and it's almost like a cup final in itself. We only have a 0-1 lead but I think we can get a draw. Remember, even a 1-0 loss means it goes straight to penalties, but let's not rely on that.

*A big positive would be hearing something on Lucas Moura though. I doubt he would end up being fit enough to start but having him on the bench and capable of coming on if we need a bit more pace or to change the game would be very helpful for us, if he is fit, then on the bench instead of Sterling for me.

1-1 draw.
Eriksen with our goal.

I thought we looked defensively weaker today playing 3 at the back against a poor team.
Gazza
Aurier Toby Jan Rose
Dier Winks Skipp
Lamela Llorente Eriksen

Don’t see where the goals will come from other than an Eriksen special but so few options.

Llorente starting just feels wrong. Bring him on at 75 if we are down a goal, but I’d rather start Sterling after today’s performance. Literally can’t be any worse.

We need some heroes to step up in the coming days. We've seen it happen before and it can happen again. Althouh he had a poor game today, Lamela needs to step up and give us an offensive threat.

I would put Llorente again. wish he had a better warm up game today for the next chavs but he is an old pro so I think he'll find his way and be better next. I know I am at least half right because he is not a young pro

Back
Top Bottom