Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The honeymoon is over for Ange now, critics especially in the media will talk about him being tactically naïve especially if we lose 2 or 3 more games.

THATS ANGE YOU DUM KENT.

Ange doesnt “adjutht to the circumthantheth”, he plays the same style EVERY game, regardless of injuries, opposition, weather et al.

You take the good with Ange, you also accept the bad. There is no compromise. Ever.
So the same as conte but losing is different under an attacking manager somehow? I don't buy it klopp is an attacking manager but when they go down to 10 or 9 men he doesn't play kamikaze football does he. At that stage of the game continuing to play like that we got beat but it's OK it's fun to lose when you have 8 men up the pitch at 1-0 in the 89th minute. Pure naivety

Why do so many FC forum members get so attached and obsessed with our managers?

I remember the Conte love-in. He could sleep with your wife and you’d still not accept anything negative said about him.

Same now with Flange. He’s never good enough for a big club like Spurs. It will end in tears.

Poch needs to come back home.

I remember the Conte love-in. He could sleep with your wife and you’d still not accept anything negative said about him.

Same now with Flange. He’s never good enough for a big club like Spurs. It will end in tears.

I can't tell if this is satire, if so fair enough.

But, you talk about getting obsessed with managers, yet end by asking for your ex to come home?

Not sure what Ange could have done differently. He won’t change his style and I love that about him, so he needed the backups to step up

They proved they couldn’t do it like they have shown a million times before

Big January ahead
I'm not a Postecoglou fan but I can't overlook that when the team was healthy he banked a lot of points that will help see Spurs through until everyone's healthy again. The interesting thing to me is that his system isn't yet producing the volume of scoring opportunities it was advertised to. I think that's a function of it being early and not having the players he feels he needs to make the system work. Second time through the league I think we'll get more goals, but other teams will also have had time to get a book on Spurs and they won't always come easy. Long story short, I don't think he's a long term answer, but he's already a year ahead of schedule and the fans love him and his style. Nothing that happens in the short term is going to change that.

Stare Staring GIF

You think Poch can fix this squad outside of the first XI?

conceited-yikes.gif

Postecoglou is the opposite of what came before him and there's a great sense of relief that at least things are more positive. He did motivational speaking in Australia and knows how to say the right things that fans respond to, so that helps. There's no harm in people being happy so why not let fans enjoy this infatuation while it lasts.

Surprisingly thought he was a bit too cautious today. Almost worked but for the first time it felt like we were trying manage the game and minimize risk rather than win it.

Will be interesting to see what he does with more preparation time during the international break.

Feels injecting a surprise starter, one of the young CBs, GLC, maybe even Donley, Kulu at the 10, just something unexpected, could give us a little shot in the arm. Today’s side was just very predictable in a way I doubt Ange appreciates.

Kane was a world class playmaker as well as goalscorer the last few years. We were lucky we had a striker who did both rather than invest big money in a midfielder to feed the attack.

We were also lucky to have effectively a free run at Maddison for a good price. He is a great playmaker and filled that void in midfield.

Now we lose that creativity through injury on top of the issue of not actually replacing Kane's goals in the summer. I worry that we won't create enough chances for Son to score at the rate he has been up to now and more problematic that he is the only one I trust to have a chance to fall too.

Can’t play that midfield three if you haven’t got an absolute world class front three. Doesn’t matter about attacking intention, they just don’t have the attributes. Might have got away with it today but it would bite us eventually.

This 100%
It's not just the system, you need good players as well.

Otherwise Burnley or whoever plays fast paced, attractive pressing football would be top of the league.
Obvious as hell but ultimately you need players of a certain quality to execute the philosophy you have and get results week after week.

Expecting the likes of Dier, Emerson, Hojbjerg to be relied upon long term in the system is never going to work. We've known this for a long time.
If you haven't got the players to play a system.....don't.

Back
Top Bottom