Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ange has surpassed my expectations but I do worry about whether he has what it takes to take the club to the next level. If I were to bet, he’s going to fail and get sacked at the end of next year

Also his signings have been shit

Last edited:
I can’t be fucked with another change of manager for at least a couple more years. It’s quite boring. Both pre Poch and post Poch it did nobody any good.
We now have a settled be it a new football structure in place for the first time since we hired Redknapp (who was the first to dismantle the one that kinda worked, or at least pushed us on).

Remains to be seen how good they are at Tottenham but Paratici has demonstrated his scouting ability as good and we were still using him in the Jan window. But with Scott Munn and more importantly Johan Lange and a few others now in we are building out this team which gives the sense that we should be well-positioned to support Ange and the football side of the Club. Ange also seems to be very clear on the profiles he wants. At last, there appears to be some clarity here. I thought Lange had done a great job building this Villa side so at least I can take confidence from that.

But above all else, there is a clear style of play one that is fair more established than what Poch managed in his first season (whilst I was encouraged by what Poch gave us in his first season they were still only glimpses of green shoots, way behind what Ange has achieved).

I love how Ange carries himself and I love the fact we don't have a performing seal bouncing up and down the touchline faking their "passion", how fans get sucked into this performative nonsense is beyond me.

Our finances are great, we are better placed than any other football club in the division other than City (who have 115 charges against them) to deal with whatever regulations are used from here on out. Revenues from the stadium that insulate us from loss of CL revenue (there are genuinely 8 clubs that vie for the top 4 places now and we are the only one that has this insulation and flexibility (not including City as they have broken the model and are in a different stratosphere to anyone else).

So, on and off the pitch we appear to have our ducks in a row. Next year will see if they are any good.

Managers get annoying when we lose, we love them when we win.

I remember I used to hang off every word that Poch used to say, when it got to that 2018/19 season I thought he used to speak a load of shit, like shut up and do your job on the pitch, man. 😆

I bought a lemon tree due to that man.

Waste of time that was.

Made fuck all difference to my positive energies. If anything I’m angrier now.

We now have a settled be it a new football structure in place for the first time since we hired Redknapp (who was the first to dismantle the one that kinda worked, or at least pushed us on).

Remains to be seen how good they are at Tottenham but Paratici has demonstrated his scouting ability as good and we were still using him in the Jan window. But with Scott Munn and more importantly Johan Lange and a few others now in we are building out this team which gives the sense that we should be well-positioned to support Ange and the football side of the Club. Ange also seems to be very clear on the profiles he wants. At last, there appears to be some clarity here. I thought Lange had done a great job building this Villa side so at least I can take confidence from that.

But above all else, there is a clear style of play one that is fair more established than what Poch managed in his first season (whilst I was encouraged by what Poch gave us in his first season they were still only glimpses of green shoots, way behind what Ange has achieved).

I love how Ange carries himself and I love the fact we don't have a performing seal bouncing up and down the touchline faking their "passion", how fans get sucked into this performative nonsense is beyond me.

Our finances are great, we are better placed than any other football club in the division other than City (who have 115 charges against them) to deal with whatever regulations are used from here on out. Revenues from the stadium that insulate us from loss of CL revenue (there are genuinely 8 clubs that vie for the top 4 places now and we are the only one that has this insulation and flexibility (not including City as they have broken the model and are in a different stratosphere to anyone else).

So, on and off the pitch we appear to have our ducks in a row. Next year will see if they are any good.

I don't even think it will be next year and the problem is, the fans have been patient. People will laugh but we have the most patient fanbase I can think of (or maybe its now apathetic) and asking them to wait year after year for us to finally be trophy winning football club is nigh on impossible now. I kind of understand it because I am at that point. I also know the history of how Levy behaves and it is impossible to get away from that. It all comes back to him ultimately. As someone (possibly) joked the other day, Ange is safe while there are boos in the stadium, but as soon as the Levy out chants begin, that is when he is in trouble and it is true.

Bournemouth did a rebuild. They started out poorly but every game you can see clear improvement and increased cohesion in their team and tactical approach.

Are we headed that way? Or are we seeing worse and worse performances, plummeting results and weekly humblings?

Talk about a small sample size. Bournemouth are on a good run of form. Brighton are a well-run club with a good coach and they've fallen back down to earth this year sitting at 12th with 1 win in their last 9. It's hard to win. We've been erratic. Which you can also use to describe almost every team outside of the top 2-3. Since Jan 1st we sit at 8th on points, not much below our current 5th and only 4 points off 4th with 2 games in hand (again, similar to our actual standings). We beat AV 4-0 on the road a month ago. Progress isn't linear. There will be some real ups and downs but every time we experience the downs you lot want to blow it up again. All this complaining about the Levy era, while a lot of validity. Fails to see that the biggest problem, especially since Poch, has been our schizophrenic approach to manager/style/goal. We are not Man City, Real Madrid, etc. Our only hope to realistically compete for silverware is to commit to a manager and style and work through it.

I don't even think it will be next year and the problem is, the fans have been patient. People will laugh but we have the most patient fanbase I can think of (or maybe its now apathetic) and asking them to wait year after year for us to finally be trophy winning football club is nigh on impossible now. I kind of understand it because I am at that point. I also know the history of how Levy behaves and it is impossible to get away from that. It all comes back to him ultimately. As someone (possibly) joked the other day, Ange is safe while there are boos in the stadium, but as soon as the Levy out chants begin, that is when he is in trouble and it is true.

clapping-saved-by-the-bell.gif

There were boos at half time on Sunday - and people near me tried the Levy out chants. We need to suck it up knowing it’s a beginning but it’s hard watching at times.

Back
Top Bottom