Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didn't say it but its known I have always doubted the credentials.
I doubted his credentials when he was first appointed but I've seen enough from this start to know he's the real deal, the two games that we lost but could have won doesn't change that. I've seen plenty of games where tried to sit back and defend a lead and end up losing.

I doubted his credentials when he was first appointed but I've seen enough from this start to know he's the real deal, the two games that we lost but could have won doesn't change that. I've seen plenty of games where tried to sit back and defend a lead and end up losing.

Anyone still doubting Ange will never be pleased.

Could win a cup this year and the response will be, yeah but why not 2?

I've seen enough to continue doubting. I want to be wrong by the way.

if hes only got one way of playing then we need at least 4 players in the jan window. you cant play proactive football if youre starting dier and davies in the back 4. its tough enough with PEH and royal. you might get away with just one of royal or PEH from time to time if the rest are the real deal. start adding 2 or more into the mix and its nothing but turd. even when everyone is back from injury there will be times when we are forced to have 2 or more of these players in the lineup again unless we buy.

'spursy' struck again today.....because too many of the 'spursy' founders were out there!

Honestly feel he has to find a way to get some pressure on officials. All the great managers can find ways to influence them.

Either that or the great manages are always at the clubs that find ways to influence officials.
get the impression hes trying to do that by being a saint. dont think it works like that over here tho. these wankers bow to fear not decency.

View: https://twitter.com/EBL2017/status/1723352094420119594?t=ldLyH2NXpuUq1_ms6UyxsQ&s=19

Ultimately this.

Some people find it hard to keep this perspective because of how good we've been. There was always going to be below par performances because of the squad. This was one of them. There will be amazing performances which we've seen.

I agree with this in a nutshell. But let’s not act like there isn’t a gigantic chasm of difference, both in money for transfers and prestige to attract top players, between finishing 4th and 8th. As we all know, that matters to Levy, and it’s clear the squad needs at least 5 or 6 reinforcements to be capable of challenging for anything serious.

Honestly feel he has to find a way to get some pressure on officials. All the great managers can find ways to influence them.

Either that or the great manages are always at the clubs that find ways to influence officials.
Agree. I appreciate and agree 100% with his statements but we have gotten absolutely dicked by decisions since the Liverpool match which was entirely not our fault.

And I’m not talking necessarily about the reds vs Chelsea but more of the general run of play in every match where fouls are completely ignored on us or yellows are being kept in pockets for clear yellow card offenses.

Palace had two rakes down our players legs, no yellows. Wolves same deal on Porro. Dawson smacks Son twice while taking the ball and no foul given. Steps on his sack and nothing again. Just a few examples over the last few games.

I agree with this in a nutshell. But let’s not act like there isn’t a gigantic chasm of difference, both in money for transfers and prestige to attract top players, between finishing 4th and 8th. As we all know, that matters to Levy, and it’s clear the squad needs at least 5 or 6 reinforcements to be capable of challenging for anything serious.

We just finished 8th and signed van de Ven, Maddison and Vicario...

The right players are out there. If we're heading in the right direction footballing wise, just lacking the components, we'll move forward in the right direction with continuing to make smart signings.

Still love the big fella and believe in his process. But you can still say he got it wrong vs Chelsea and today. You don't put in two such performances, get beat twice, and come out of it with credit. Nuno, Mou and Conte would've got bazooka'd for them games...

We looked absolutely out of it from minute one today and got zero reaction in the second half. What'd he say to them in the locker room?!

That Carabao Cup exit was downright embarrassing too. Didn't much like how he toed the party line about Kane either.

Anyway, onwards and upwards.

Still love the big fella and believe in his process. But you can still say he got it wrong vs Chelsea and today. You don't put in two such performances, get beat twice, and come out of it with credit. Nuno, Mou and Conte would've got bazooka'd for them games...

We looked absolutely out of it from minute one today and got zero reaction in the second half. What'd he say to them in the locker room?!

That Carabao Cup exit was downright embarrassing too. Didn't much like how he toed the party line about Kane either.

Anyway, onwards and upwards.

Didn’t get anything wrong v Chelsea

Back
Top Bottom