Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think it'll be him or Biss. Somebody really invested in his way of playing will be the number 1 criteria I think.
Not so sure it'll be Bissouma. From what I've read, he's a bit of a joker in the dressing room which is good to have, but you often need that bit of serious separation if you need to Bollock someone on the pitch if they're not doing their job right.

Bissouma may have that to his personality, but it raises a question mark for me.

You never know though. It wouldn't surprise me if we get someone unexpected as Captain, just because they have that in their locker, and it doesn't necessarily mean that it's a 'senior' player either.

Mate I like what Ange has said so far, but he should test these waters more carefully on the long term, if his Spurs career doesn’t show potential. I think people will quickly get pissed by his pressers if he doesn’t back this bluntness with results or at least entertaining football.
I mean, he's one of the more experienced managers in the Premier League and has dealt with the media in multiple countries for decades. He navigated the pressure cooker environment of Glasgow and all the nonsense that surrounds that rivalry without a misstep. He's worked in the media himself so will have a good understanding of the ways they create their headlines. So I think he'll be fine tbh and know when to reign the bluntness in.

Not so sure it'll be Bissouma. From what I've read, he's a bit of a joker in the dressing room which is good to have, but you often need that bit of serious separation if you need to Bollock someone on the pitch if they're not doing their job right.

Bissouma may have that to his personality, but it raises a question mark for me.

You never know though. It wouldn't surprise me if we get someone unexpected as Captain, just because they have that in their locker, and it doesn't necessarily mean that it's a 'senior' player either.
Who do we even have like that? It's not Son, or Maddison either. Romero is aggressive but I don't think he's the type to bollock his teammates. Maybe Perisic, but he's on the bench currently.

If it wasn't for this man I'd have just about lost hope in our football club.

Can't put into words how big of a compliment it is to him that he's got the fanbase excited for the season considering the awful circumstances he's been placed into. Proof will be in the pudding obviously but the guy is magic.

Let's see how it goes..

Still needs more backing in the transfer window to stand half a chance.

I always maintain, just being positive is and will never be enough.

Let's see if the ad valorem shines through.

Who do we even have like that? It's not Son, or Maddison either. Romero is aggressive but I don't think he's the type to bollock his teammates. Maybe Perisic, but he's on the bench currently.
I don't know, as I have no idea of the personality of the players beyond what little we see on the internet. AP will know what attributes are important to him in a Captain though. As he's already made his choice, well soon know when the team is announced.

This season's Par for me is 6th. 7th is an acceptable outcome as a transition season without Kane.

If he gets us top 4, he'll be a bloody legend. I am really liking everything he says, and think its waaay more likely to be a good fit than any of the three nobodies and has-beens we've suffered since Poch.

COYS!

I think Sonny would be perfect don’t know enough about Bentancur.

Reality is in today’s game the role of Captain Isn’t that powerful as it was. I think it’s more a media front up thing now. They maybe some exceptions like Kompany who I thought was proper old school captain. But can’t think of one of this ilk in the past decade.
It's an English obsession.

Meh….might be just me but he’s just shite, he inspires nothing as a player and as he’s just proved with his move to Saudi that he’s fake as a 9 bob note, his leadership is just a performance.
Henderson showed he is not captain material when he wrestled the ball off Calvert-Lewin to take that England penalty.

Which he then missed......

Ego before team

Sweet Jesus, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is more optimistic than this guy.

What the fuck is there to be optimistic about?

A transitional season awaits. Again. Great. Without our best player. Reliant on Richarlison and Son. A manager who has ZERO experience in a proper league. Still have those tight and unambitious fucks in charge. Again, what the fuck is there to be optimistic about?

Oh we'll play some nice football, have a nice manager, a nice stadium, but zero threat.

Honestly, Ange is in the big boys league now and it's an unforgiving place. My only hope is that he manages to last the season.

Last edited:
Ange doesn’t need Kane, trust me!

You will be fine and Kane will be distant memory by Christmas. You really don’t know what is coming!

Plus as you have seen already, his pressers are a breath of fresh air - he hates the msm.

Trust the process 👍👍👍

It's not Kilmarnock and Ross County, it's...

Oh fuck it, can't be bothered to point out how fucking irrelevant Scottish football is yet again. Brendan won Trebles there as well, it's really not that big a deal.

As someone who has watched a lot of Ange and his football, I can say with near certainty that he's not just putting on a brave face.

You can all make up your own minds over the course of the season whether he's up to the task of managing Tottenham or not, but one thing for sure is that he's not the type to be fretting over any one single player leaving, Harry Kane included.

Good players will stand out in his system, but ultimately it's about the collective, not any one individual. His focus with or without Kane will 100% be on laying the foundations of the football he wants to play, because ultimately that's what he is, a system manager. And you could be the best, most valuable player in the world, but if you don't buy into the system and way of playing, Postecoglou will have no hesitation in bidding you farewell.

As for incomings, I'm sure he'd rather have had all business done before the start of the season, but I guess it's not a perfect world. Whether that's more likely down to Levy or just the reality of the market, you guys will know better than me.

One thing that was interesting at Celtic though was during his first summer transfer window, they were buying players right up until the end of the window. CCV for example was brought in with about an hour to go. Yet all that changed under Postecoglou from the next window onwards. That following January, they announced the imminent signing of 3 Japanese players before the window had even opened. Indeed, it got to the point where it was so well run that replacement players were being signed before players being sold had even left. This was in stark contrast to before he arrived.

It's Celtic, they win things. Nothing he did there has any relevance whatsoever.

Your club is a big fish in a puddle.

A transitional season awaits. Again. GreY. Without our best player. Reliant on Richarlison and Son. A manager who has ZERO experience in a proper league. Still have those tight and unambitious fucks in charge. Again, what the fuck is there to be optimistic about?

Oh we'll play some nice football, have a nice manager, a nice stadium, but zero threat.

Honestly, Ange is in the big boys league now and it's an unforgiving place. My only hope is that he manages to last the season.
You are a fucking black cloud

A transitional season awaits. Again. GreY. Without our best player. Reliant on Richarlison and Son. A manager who has ZERO experience in a proper league. Still have those tight and unambitious fucks in charge. Again, what the fuck is there to be optimistic about?

Oh fevk off

nothing transitional about it at all

Back
Top Bottom