Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bentacur when fit?

Sonny too nice surely
I think Sonny would be perfect don’t know enough about Bentancur.

Reality is in today’s game the role of Captain Isn’t that powerful as it was. I think it’s more a media front up thing now. They maybe some exceptions like Kompany who I thought was proper old school captain. But can’t think of one of this ilk in the past decade.

No, Kane didn't want to sign new contract, Levy didn't want to lose him for free next season told him find a club abroad, Levy doesn't/didn't want him to to go to PL rival club. Kane was happy to honour his contract.
That’s fair but kinda amounts to the same thing (although the strangeness of last night and the reporting that he’s “leaning towards staying” may reflect something genuine or it was just performance???) but he absolutely wanted to join City, which is enough to cause alarm bells and ensureing he only could stay if tied down.

I am 100% behind this fella. Says the right things in the right way. Could not have handled the Kane saga any better.. Just hope he gets what he asks for before the window closes...

COYS

:ange-clap:

And on.

Seriously though, you choose to focus on the negatives, which is your right.

I choose to focus on the positives.

On your words our "squad is a complete mess"
I disagree totally.

We have an attack minded manager for the first time in years.
That's a positive.

We've signed a highly rated young keeper, who Inter wanted to replace Onana.
That's a positive.

We've signed the 2nd best AM in the league for two years running.
That's a positive.

We've signed a very promising winger on a free, who's looked good in pre season.
That's a positive.

We've signed a tall, pacey CB that we desperately needed.
That's a positive.

Our midfielders are all looking good (Biss, Sarr, Skipp, )
That's a positive.

Kane going will impact us, no doubt about that.
That's a negative.

We have a bloated squad with players who aren't good enough.
That's a negative.

On the other hand we only have one game a week, so we shouldn't have to rely on them to much.
That's a positive.

There's so much to look forward to this season, but I get people have a choice.

They can either be excited about the changes the new season, or they can be despondent.

I choose to be "COYS 💪💪💪💪💪💪"
Rather than "coys 😥😥😥😥😥"

Edit;
Forgot Udogie looking very good as well.
That's a positive.

Edit 2
And Royal
That's a positive.

Me thinks stevee stevee has been wanting to get this off his chest.

Kudos.

Without wishing to be a pedant, he didn't say 'shut you up'. He said it's 'up to us to turn it around'.

It's an important distinction. He was placing an obligation on the team.

Because Ange is saying the fundamental role of a football club is to please the fans and make them happy. It's not for fans to unequivocally support the side and get nothing in return.

ENIC take note.
I don't think you got what I was saying if you think I didn't place the obligation on the team.

I think Sonny would be perfect don’t know enough about Bentancur.

Reality is in today’s game the role of Captain Isn’t that powerful as it was. I think it’s more a media front up thing now. They maybe some exceptions like Kompany who I thought was proper old school captain. But can’t think of one of this ilk in the past decade.
Henderson at Liverpool

What, signing players in positions sorely needed is what all clubs should do, no?

It's nothing to wank over.

Signing world class players would be, taking cheap punts on players most of us have never heard of let alone seen play isn't that big a deal.

You been following this club since Ange come in?
too good to be true disney GIF

Back
Top Bottom