Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Harsh.

Whether we win, lose or draw on Sunday, this season is going to be difficult and our squad it still a complete mess.

We had a relatively easy fixture list to begin with, would've been a good idea to get as much resolved as possible before the opener don't y'all think?

People can still be positive if they like, even if it can't begin to understand why and that goes for those that are a tad more negative.

I'm hoping I'm dead wrong about this season and it will prove to be a glorious one.

Ange might talk a good game but week after week he'll be coming up against better teams than Kilmarnock and Ross bloody County.

But yeah, we're gonna win the league innit!

There is no media strategy that works when you lose.

Ange's honeymoon around here is about to come to an abrupt end, but he's still a better communicator than most.
I’m looking forward to the inevitable batterings we’ll get this season.

We’ll see who actually backs the manager and his playing style and those hoping that he compromises on his attacking principles.

Whilst I get this, it's Kane that is wanting out, not us wanting him gone. This transfer doesn't happen if Kane wants to stay at Tottenham, he doesn't. The decision was his. He hasn't wanted to be at Spurs for approx 4yrs, a certainty for past 2.5yrs when he didn't come back from hols and wanted to go to City.

We set a valuation, it wasn't matched and therefore rebuffed 3 times. Valuation finally came through and he's off on his bike. I don't blame him, but thank him for his services to Spurs - see you in a few years' time back at The Lane once he's retired. I also wouldn't blame him if he stayed (because Bayerns bid wasn't high enough) and he left on a free, he would have earned that.

But this is a new era now - New manager, new style of play, one that Kane may have struggled with in a couple of years time anyway (I think he would of adapted well this season had he stayed and he would have scored a hat full) but it would also of had Ange adapt his game to fit him in, which wouldn't have been an issue initially but suspect it would have been a problem next season.

Ange now gets to pick his striker for the football he wants to be played - I find this exciting.
The King is dead, long live the King!

I’m looking forward to the inevitable batterings we’ll get this season.

We’ll see who actually backs the manager and his playing style and those hoping that he compromises on his attacking principles.
There will be that discourse around here.

There's a chance Ange's rigid tactical single-mindedness is a poor fit for the Premier League, and if that's the case we may need to find our way out of this thing. The exact thing about him that charms people might be his downfall.

But barring like relegation worries that shouldn't be something we think about until the end of the season.

No one is saying that.But the way some are acting,we have been relegated already.
As for Ange,he has proved people wrong wherever he goes, so lets give him a chance,eh?
its opening weekend of the season,we have the rest of the campaign to be clinically depressed
Let's enjoy this golden period....

No, we're going to win the league.

Don't be so negative.

:ange-arms:

I'd say selling kits with his name on is pretty deceptive
They don't sell kits with the names on them, or at least they never used to, you have to/used to have to ask for the name on it yourself.

Little story, when my boy was born, I went straight down to the Spurs store to get a kit for him. I asked for his name on it with "Mini yid" added to it. They told me they weren't allowed to put yid on the kit, so I had to settle for just his name and a 0 on the back.

Last edited:
Haha love the way he calls them "mate"

the look on his face says anything but

"is that the best question you can ask?

Really?

MATE?!?!?"
The English football press ask the most annoying fucking questions, to the extent they are even phrased as questions, which they routinely aren't.

I have no idea how some of the limited English proficiency PL managers even understand what they're on about half the time.

Nice post.

Seriously though, I wish I could be as optimistic as the likes of you and the Goat and the rest of the Levy fanclub but I just can't.

I see what other clubs are doing and I'm worried, really truly worried that as long as we play some pretty football fans like you will be happy.

Did we really spend over a billion pounds on a new stadium and have great training facilities simply to go back to mid-table mediocrity?

What was the fucking point?

This isn't the SPL, it's the Premier League where DMs go for £100m plus.

Hopefully Brentford are in worse shape than us and we can at least start off with a point or three.

Wrong context.

He's laughed at people for saying it when we fail to get another player and people do the whole "oh transfers are difficult, its not like nipping to the shops..".

All Ange is saying here is that there isn't an actual list.
Right context, he said similar previously on whether we'd sign a CB or not.

You think I'd criticize not having a specific list of players? Grasping at straws comes to mind.

I'd want us to have a general idea of the profile we want to sign and be willing to spend big if someone perfect for that profile was identified. That's it.

Go find another way to try and deflect from the boards failures. This angle isn't working for you champ.
Nahhh… I don’t think the context does what you want it to. The fact is that buying players is a complex and changing situation without the simple « see player, buy player » dynamic that critics like to pretend. That has come straight from Ange and is a pretty obvious statement of reality.

Some people like to think you « just pay the price » just like you’re buying a litre of milk. And others like to mock people when they point out it’s not like that.

Nice post.

Seriously though, I wish I could be as optimistic as the likes of you and the Goat and the rest of the Levy fanclub but I just can't.

I see what other clubs are doing and I'm worried, really truly worried that as long as we play some pretty football fans like you will be happy.

Did we really spend over a billion pounds on a new stadium and have great training facilities simply to go back to mid-table mediocrity?

Hopefully Brentford are in worse shape than us and we can at least start off with a point or three.
No-one is a Levy fan.

Not sure where this narrative that all our rivals have strengthened has come from either.

Only one you could argue is the Gooners but they're full of bottlers and won't be as lucky this season.

Chavs a mess. Utd a mess. Dippers a mess.

Newcastle, Villa and Brighton will struggle to balance Europe.

We're in better shape than most even with Harry going.

Nice post.

And on.

Seriously though, you choose to focus on the negatives, which is your right.

I choose to focus on the positives.

On your words our "squad is a complete mess"
I disagree totally.

We have an attack minded manager for the first time in years.
That's a positive.

We've signed a highly rated young keeper, who Inter wanted to replace Onana.
That's a positive.

We've signed the 2nd best AM in the league for two years running.
That's a positive.

We've signed a very promising winger on a free, who's looked good in pre season.
That's a positive.

We've signed a tall, pacey CB that we desperately needed.
That's a positive.

Our midfielders are all looking good (Biss, Sarr, Skipp, )
That's a positive.

Kane going will impact us, no doubt about that.
That's a negative.

We have a bloated squad with players who aren't good enough.
That's a negative.

On the other hand we only have one game a week, so we shouldn't have to rely on them to much.
That's a positive.

There's so much to look forward to this season, but I get people have a choice.

They can either be excited about the changes the new season, or they can be despondent.

I choose to be "COYS 💪💪💪💪💪💪"
Rather than "coys 😥😥😥😥😥"

Edit;
Forgot Udogie looking very good as well.
That's a positive.

Edit 2
And Royal
That's a positive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom