Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No, it's the truth. Your league is utter shite.

Don't like it, fuck off back to your own forum.
Oh, that’s it then and so eloquently put!

The SPL is indeed shite but I never knew that it rendered my opinion as worthless.

And ‘fuck off back to my own forum’ - that’s very EDL isn’t it!

I bow to you superior knowledge master…

I didn’t mean City winning it again was boring.

The EPL is EXACTLY the same as every league in the world. Some teams are brilliant, some are average (just surviving is good enough) but most are utter muck and an utter bore fest!

I don’t like the SPL because of the standard of football, I know its crap compared to the bigger leagues, I watch it because I am a Celtic fan. Celtic are my team and that’s where they play. Nothing I can do about that. But just because it’s a poorer league than yours doesn’t mean I don’t know what I’m talking about

Ange has a core belief of how to play that is transferable to whatever level he needs it to be.

Now do you want to talk about the merits of Ange or you gonna just keep taking cheap shots because of the league my team plays in?
I agree with you 100% on Ange, I'm really looking forwatd to the season with him i/c, and its a real what might have been with Kane as his striker

re the EPL, I'd disagree with you that it's like any other league in the world. One thing the EPL has got right (pos the only) is the relatively equitable split of dosh between top and bottom. Which means that a lot more of the games are competitive for longer. We doubled City last season, the first time with Nuno i/c for Gods sake. Forest stayed in the game long enough to give City a horrible last 10 mins then got an equaliser. Goons collapsed big time against teams at the bottom. Bournemouth stuffed us at the Lane, as did Brentford. Brighton with a few years of good managers and great scouting got to Europe, thrashed us at the Lane (we won though). Against Citeh at teh end of the season they were playing chicken in their own 6 yard box. Citeh didn't know what to do - if they pressed then Brighton would triangle their way up the pitch and have a 3-2 overlaod somewhere dangerous.

Not every game is great of course, but in the main you never quite know what the result will be in Dave v Golly

I agree with you 100% on Ange, I'm really looking forwatd to the season with him i/c, and its a real what might have been with Kane as his striker

re the EPL, I'd disagree with you that it's like any other league in the world. One thing the EPL has got right (pos the only) is the relatively equitable split of dosh between top and bottom. Which means that a lot more of the games are competitive for longer. We doubled City last season, the first time with Nuno i/c for Gods sake. Forest stayed in the game long enough to give City a horrible last 10 mins then got an equaliser. Goons collapsed big time against teams at the bottom. Bournemouth stuffed us at the Lane, as did Brentford. Brighton with a few years of good managers and great scouting got to Europe, thrashed us at the Lane (we won though). Against Citeh at teh end of the season they were playing chicken in their own 6 yard box. Citeh didn't know what to do - if they pressed then Brighton would triangle their way up the pitch and have a 3-2 overlaod somewhere dangerous.

Not every game is great of course, but in the main you never quite know what the result will be in Dave v Golly
The money in the EPL makes a massive difference but it doesn’t change the fact that the big teams are the best, middle teams are in the middle and the crap ones are relegation fodder.

The EPL is just a bigger version of every other league but with more money, that’s my view anyway - rightly or wrongly.

But Ange is a special breed of person - just watch 🙏🙏🙏

The lower teams giving the top teams a hard time is hardly unique to the EPL. It happens in all of the top leagues.

Paul merson really is a twat. Saying ange will struggle to play attacking football without harry kane lol

And we will bottom half, based on last seasons form. Has he not seen we've signed some good players.

Like Spain?

My arse

And other leagues are notorious for teams throwing in the towel

one o the resons why so many other countries take the PL

Yes, just last season the top sides in LaLiga were beaten by relegation fodder clubs.

The idea that this only happens in the EPL is not backed up by data. Pure and unadulterated bullshit.

Paul merson really is a twat. Saying ange will struggle to play attacking football without harry kane lol

And we will bottom half, based on last seasons form. Has he not seen we've signed some good players.
He's an ignoramus in the truest sense of the word. A complete cockwaffle who never has anything of value to say, he just consistently comes out with incredibly ill informed nonsensical waffle

I fucking love Big Ange

He didn’t even consider Dier and Hojbjerg for vice captaincy

I believe he will end up becoming our best and most favourite manager in recent history.

For the first time in 4 years I can wholeheartedly say, I have moved on from Mauricio Pochettino

The lower teams giving the top teams a hard time is hardly unique to the EPL. It happens in all of the top leagues.

I find one of the most interesting things in the EPL is how much turnover there is at the middle and bottom of the table. Does anyone know how other leagues compare in this regard? For instance, go back just 5 seasons and there are 7 teams that aren't in the EPL this season. Go back about 10 years and there's at least 13 teams in total who have played in the EPL who aren't currently in it.

Oh, that’s it then and so eloquently put!

The SPL is indeed shite but I never knew that it rendered my opinion as worthless.

And ‘fuck off back to my own forum’ - that’s very EDL isn’t it!

I bow to you superior knowledge master…

EDL?!

I voted Remain.

:ange-arms:

Ange has a massive job on his hands, perhaps too big a task for him or maybe he'll flourish. Hope it's the latter.

To be fair you were the one stating how boring you find the PL to be. Fair enough but I'd rather watch women's football than the SPL.

It's not Kilmarnock and Ross County, it's...

Oh fuck it, can't be bothered to point out how fucking irrelevant Scottish football is yet again. Brendan won Trebles there as well, it's really not that big a deal.
Brendan won the FA Cup here as well. He very nearly qualified for the Champion's League twice with a traditionally non-top 6 side.

Get it into your head that Ange won't be competing in the Premier League with Celtic, he'll be competing with players of a much higher quality, with a much bigger budget, significantly better facilities, etc.

Against higher quality players and managers too, of course, but it's not written anywhere that because a manager comes from Scotland or Japan or wherever, they're automatically incapable of bridging that gap.

No Premier League manager was a Premier League manager before first becoming a Premier League manager.

:contehandshead:

Brendan won the FA Cup here as well. He very nearly qualified for the Champion's League twice with a traditionally non-top 6 side.

Get it into your head that Ange won't be competing in the Premier League with Celtic, he'll be competing with players of a much higher quality, with a much bigger budget, significantly better facilities, etc.

Against higher quality players and managers too, of course, but it's not written anywhere that because a manager comes from Scotland or Japan or wherever, they're automatically incapable of bridging that gap.

No Premier League manager was a Premier League manager before first becoming a Premier League manager.

:contehandshead:

He hasn't come from Spain or France or Germany he's managed in Japan, Australia and Scotland.

I want to see the results first before hailing him as the new Messiah, what's so fucking wrong with that?!

He wasn't my first choice or second or even third (remember when everyone was getting excited about Slot? anyone?) BUT he's our manager now so of course I want him to do well.

I find one of the most interesting things in the EPL is how much turnover there is at the middle and bottom of the table. Does anyone know how other leagues compare in this regard? For instance, go back just 5 seasons and there are 7 teams that aren't in the EPL this season. Go back about 10 years and there's at least 13 teams in total who have played in the EPL who aren't currently in it.

I just looked at this for LaLiga comparing today versus seasons years ago.

Eight teams are not in LaLiga this season. Even more than the EPL.

I would imagine every other top league is similar.

The lower sides upset the top sides in all leagues. The notion that it only happens in the EPL is laughable.

EDL?!

I voted Remain.

:ange-arms:

Ange has a massive job on his hands, perhaps too big a task for him or maybe he'll flourish. Hope it's the latter.

To be fair you were the one stating how boring you find the PL to be. Fair enough but I'd rather watch women's football than the SPL.
He’s going to flourish - and you’re gonna love it🤘🤘🤘

This man will make you remember why you love football.

He’s going to flourish - and you’re gonna love it🤘🤘🤘

This man will make you remember why you love football.

I hope you are right and let's leave it at that.

Just find it weird when fans of other clubs come on here and give us shit simply for not agreeing with them, it's not as if I'm going to sign up on a Bayern forum to discuss Harry Kane.

My concern is his lack of experience in a proper league i.e. a big fat zero and that he's come from a team that wins anything to one that has won nothing since 2008. At Celtic they can play however they hell they like, domestically that is, as it makes little difference. They're going to blow away most teams regardless.

Blowing away most teams isn't the same as winning 5 of 6 titles and cups when competing against a similar team in terms of size and quality, where there is a very small margin for error. This is evidenced by Celtic and Rangers winning a relatively small number of trebles commensurate to the amount they've competed in - if it was easy and more or less just a formality as you suggest, logically either/or would have 20, 30 40 of them to their name.

While the level is vastly different, the reality isn't a million miles off some Man City/Liverpool titles races in recent seasons whereby they both win most matches and ultimately the title is decided by one or two games. There's some truth to the 'no easy games in the Premier League' aspect, but when you're talking about the team actually winning titles, similar to Celtic, the difference between them (Man City) and most of the rest of the league is vast.

I get it, the SPL is a poor level and nobody who achieves anything there is going to receive a modicum of respect 'down south', so if you think that anything he achieved there is entirely irrelevant then fair enough. My expectation however is that the ability he's consistently shown at rebuilding squads at Celtic and elsewhere is transferable and will scale to a higher level. We'll see.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom